The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
EnnEss said:
Alrighty, this has probably been covered but when I read the thread through awhile back when I first booked WL I didn't think to look for it as I presumed it'd be the same policy the California hotels have.

When does the pool close? I read in another post that some hotel pools stay open all night with no lifeguard after 10? For me 10 was always too early as I'm usually just arriving back from the parks, 12 would be ideal, but in California all three hotels lock their pools at 10.

Thank you!

Lifeguards go off duty at 8 PM, and the slide is closed at that time. You can basically swim in the pool 24/7 as far as I can tell - it is never locked. I think the official hours are 7 AM - 11 PM. I wasn't down there after 11 PM, but I was there around 6 AM one morning (getting coffee) and there was someone in the pool.

We just returned from our trip last week to the WL, and we had an absolutely wonderful time! The parks were VERY slow. We were able to accomplish so much so fast, leaving us time to do things like explore the WL more and even visit the other deluxe resorts (except AKL).

I have to say, after looking at the other deluxe resorts, we were super happy with choosing the WL! It was classy but very approachable. Absolutely perfect! :sunny: We had booked a standard room but were upgraded to a courtyard. At first they put us on the 2nd floor right in front of the pool and sort of behind some scaffolding. As soon as I walked in the room I realized it was loud and not private at all (kids were actually looking in our room as I stood there)...NOT what I wanted. I was actually kind of surprised that they gave us that room,since while checking in I had been mentioned we were looking forward to a quiet and romantic anniversary trip. (Unfortunately that first CM didn't seem too friendly, but I can assure you that was the only one we encountered at the WL!) I went back down to the desk and was able to get our room switched to a 5th floor courtyard. It was wonderful. I believe it was in the south wing, 5119. We overlooked the creek and saw the pool. There was some scaffolding that seemed to go all the way up the building. While it wasn't right in front of us, it would be visible to anyone with an inner courtyard view. We didn't find it a problem, though!

To the questioner who asked about the pool, we definitely saw information somewhere at the Lodge about the pool being open 24 hours. I can't remember now where I saw that printed, perhaps the information packet they give you at check in? I know for sure I saw it, though, because I was a little surprised. The lifeguards aren't on duty 24 hours, though. I'm not sure what time they leave. Our room overlooked the pool and we definitely saw people out there late at night!

Also, as mentioned previously on this thread the buses temporarily do not go from the WL to MK. We took the boat all the time. We haven't ever been to WL before so I can't compare the direct bus to the boat, but I can tell you the boat could be reasonably quick or extremely slow depending on how many people were travelling, how fast the driver went, and how much traffic was on the water. We did take the bus (to the TTC monorail) once just for comparison, and it definitely took longer than the boat.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for all the great advice. We had a really lovely time, and if we ever make it back to WDW we'll definitely stay at the WL again.

I'd be happy to try and answer any other questions people may have too. I'm no WL vet, but I might be able to fill you in on recent developments. ;)

EnnEss said:
When does the pool close? I read in another post that some hotel pools stay open all night with no lifeguard after 10? For me 10 was always too early as I'm usually just arriving back from the parks, 12 would be ideal, but in California all three hotels lock their pools at 10.
EnnEss

From my post on Page 1:
RECREATION
Pools:

All pools are outdoor and heated
One Main feature pool with a slide (Silver Creek Springs Pool)
Silver Creek Pool Hours Lifeguard/Slide
9:00a.m.-10:00p.m.
(you may swim earlier or until 12:00am No Lifeguard on duty and slide is closed if there is no lifeguard)
NEW to original information: Lifeguards scheduled times are seasonal, times for slide closure will vary.
One quiet pool located at Villas, Hidden Springs Pool (No lifeguard on duty)
Kiddie pool
Three Jacuzzis (Two next to Silver Creek Springs Pool one at Villas next to Hidden Springs Pool)
For your safety and enjoyment, diaper-age children are required to wear swim piapers or rubber pants when using and pool at the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. Swim diapers are available at the Mercantile for your conveience.

Note: We have used the quiet pool over at the Villas later (along with the Jacuzzi) as the location is more private and further away from anyones room. Noise of any kind and you would be asked to leave the pool area after the posted times.

Beckie

msinformation said:
I have to say, after looking at the other deluxe resorts, we were super happy with choosing the WL! It was classy but very approachable. Absolutely perfect! :sunny: We had booked a standard room but were upgraded to a courtyard. At first they put us on the 2nd floor right in front of the pool and sort of behind some scaffolding. As soon as I walked in the room I realized it was loud and not private at all (kids were actually looking in our room as I stood there)...NOT what I wanted. I was actually kind of surprised that they gave us that room,since while checking in I had been mentioned we were looking forward to a quiet and romantic anniversary trip. (Unfortunately that first CM didn't seem too friendly, but I can assure you that was the only one we encountered at the WL!) I went back down to the desk and was able to get our room switched to a 5th floor courtyard. It was wonderful. I believe it was in the south wing, 5119. We overlooked the creek and saw the pool. There was some scaffolding that seemed to go all the way up the building. While it wasn't right in front of us, it would be visible to anyone with an inner courtyard view. We didn't find it a problem, though!
QUOTE]

Thanks for the update Msinformation! Glad you had such nice visit. I was thrilled to read about the crowds (or lack thereof)...hopefully we'll have the same in 3 WEEKS!!! :cheer2:

Thank you also for the information on the bus vs. boat - very helpful. I guess we'll do the boat, and hopefully it won't be too crowded earlier in the morning??

I am a little concerned about the scaffolding...can you elaborate at all? Any idea how long it will be there? We have a courtyard view and requested inner courtyard, but I do not want a view of some scaffolding - that's for sure. Where would you reccomend we request if we are also looking for a nice view, quiet location (don't want kids looking in on us either and don't want to hear screams from the pool at all hours). Any help would be great.

Thanks again, and glad you had fun. :sunny:

MAGICinMYHEART said:
EnnEss

From my post on Page 1:
RECREATION
Pools:

All pools are outdoor and heated
One Main feature pool with a slide (Silver Creek Springs Pool)
Silver Creek Pool Hours Lifeguard/Slide
9:00a.m.-10:00p.m.
(you may swim earlier or until 12:00am No Lifeguard on duty and slide is closed if there is no lifeguard)
NEW to original information: Lifeguards scheduled times are seasonal, times for slide closure will vary.
One quiet pool located at Villas, Hidden Springs Pool (No lifeguard on duty)
Kiddie pool
Three Jacuzzis (Two next to Silver Creek Springs Pool one at Villas next to Hidden Springs Pool)
For your safety and enjoyment, diaper-age children are required to wear swim piapers or rubber pants when using and pool at the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. Swim diapers are available at the Mercantile for your conveience.

Note: We have used the quiet pool over at the Villas later (along with the Jacuzzi) as the location is more private and further away from anyones room. Noise of any kind and you would be asked to leave the pool area after the posted times.

Beckie

Hm, I am absolutely 100% certain I saw something official at the actual Lodge mentioning a 24 hour pool. I took note of it because based on the info on this thread I had thought the official policy was the pool was closed at night. I wish I could remember where I saw it now...could it have been in reference to something other than the Silver Springs pool? On the 2 nights we were up past midnight we saw people out at the large pool who were still there when we finally went to bed, and on the several days we were up at 7am we also saw lots of people out there. The only times we ever saw the pool closed was when there was a lightening storm and when they were doing some kind of cleaning or maintenance one morning.

DIS-Members that will be visiting the Lodge in December

Mom2taylorandemily-December 2-9, 2006
GatorEye-December 3-9, 2006 Concierge
Brooke1-December 4-19, 2006
Leash-December 5-13, 2006 (Honeymoon Suite)
Stauncie-December 7-11, 2006 Concierge
Denisekayt-December 7-16, 2006 Concierge
Julieh22-December 11-16, 2006
Aesalsa-December 12-16, 2006
MimiofOlivia-December 13-16 2006
Dizneykid-December 14-17, 2006
MAGICinMYHEART-Decemebr 14-17, 2006
NanaDarling-December 14-18, 2006
Striker3636-December 16-21, 2006
Blessedby3-December 16-23, 2006
Chelliet-December 16-23, 2006
TwilightOwl-December 24-30, 2006

xmas-mic-min09.gif

ekball said:
msinformation said:
QUOTE]

Thanks for the update Msinformation! Glad you had such nice visit. I was thrilled to read about the crowds (or lack thereof)...hopefully we'll have the same in 3 WEEKS!!! :cheer2:

Thank you also for the information on the bus vs. boat - very helpful. I guess we'll do the boat, and hopefully it won't be too crowded earlier in the morning??

I am a little concerned about the scaffolding...can you elaborate at all? Any idea how long it will be there? We have a courtyard view and requested inner courtyard, but I do not want a view of some scaffolding - that's for sure. Where would you reccomend we request if we are also looking for a nice view, quiet location (don't want kids looking in on us either and don't want to hear screams from the pool at all hours). Any help would be great.

Thanks again, and glad you had fun. :sunny:

I'm afraid I can't tell you too much about where the scaffolding was since I don't know the room numbers or layout very well. We were in 5119 and the scaffolding was to the right of our room if we were looking out into the courtyard. Perhaps some other vets can tell you more about what rooms that might be, or you could look for yourself before checking in. Just walk across the lobby and look out the windows by the creek. You should be able to see the scaffolding on the right side of the courtyard if it's still there. I didn't ask a CM about it, but it may just be temporary or it may move before you get there. I would assume if you asked at the front desk they could tell you more.

As for a good room request, I'm sure other people can tell you more! I can tell you what I requested when we changed rooms, however. I asked for a quiet courtyard location on the upper floors. I think that's why they put us directly over the creek, instead of directly over the pool. We could hear pool noises when outside, but not once the door was closed. And of course from the 5th floor you don't have people peeking in your room!

msinformation said:
I am absolutely 100% certain I saw something official at the actual Lodge mentioning a 24 hour pool. I took note of it because based on the info on this thread I had thought the official policy was the pool was closed at night. I wish I could remember where I saw it now...could it have been in reference to something other than the Silver Springs pool? On the 2 nights we were up past midnight we saw people out at the large pool who were still there when we finally went to bed, and on the several days we were up at 7am we also saw lots of people out there. The only times we ever saw the pool closed was when there was a lightening storm and when they were doing some kind of cleaning or maintenance one morning.
msimformation

I'm sure what you say is correct about people swimming later then 12:00am. and 24 hours. Each day the offical Pool Hours are posted at each Lifegaurd Station on a information board. The pools are serviced during the night with chemicals so 24 hour swimming would be interrupted during this time. Like I said unless someone would be making noise they have no problems with anyone being in the pools. The times I have posted are from The Silver Creek Star the information newsletter (June 2006) given to guest at check-in, but they do change the information so after everything posted you may be 100% correct and everything I have may no longer be correct :confused3 I'll be back in about 6 weeks I will try and verify the information for everyone. I know that the lifegaurd hours are cut back in the cooler months.
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
msimformation

I'm sure what you say is correct about people swimming later then 12:00am. and 24 hours. Each day the offical Pool Hours are posted at each Lifegaurd Station on a information board. The pools are serviced during the night with chemicals so 24 hour swimming would be interrupted during this time. Like I said unless someone would be making noise they have no problems with anyone being in the pools. The times I have posted are from The Silver Creek Star the information newsletter (June 2006) given to guest at check-in, but they do change the information so after everything posted you may be 100% correct and everything I have may no longer be correct :confused3 I'll be back in about 6 weeks I will try and verify the information for everyone. I know that the lifegaurd hours are cut back in the cooler months.
Beckie

Actually, now that you say this I'm thinking that I maybe I did see this in the newsletter! I'm sorry I didn't take it with me. I kept trying to make note of info that might be helpful to people on the DIS, but of course I always think I'll remember more than I actually do! :crazy:

msimformation
Could you tell how long the workman were located in each section as they worked on the cleaning/refurbishing of the outside of the building? Did they move the scaffolding (or could you tell) during your stay?

I know that the scaffolding is just temporary and as they finish a section it's moved but not sure how long everything is going to take. :confused3 Something else to check on.

Thanks
Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
msimformation
Could you tell how long the workman were located in each section as they worked on the cleaning/refurbishing of the outside of the building? Did they move the scaffolding (or could you tell) during your stay?

I know that the scaffolding is just temporary and as they finish a section it's moved but not sure how long everything is going to take. :confused3 Something else to check on.

Thanks
Beckie

We didn't see that the scaffolding moved between 8/28-9/2, or if it did it wasn't very far. We also didn't see people out there working a ton. That could be because it rained quite a bit when we were there. Perhaps they were waiting for nicer days? The times we did see people working, they seemed to be mostly on the ground floor.

msimformation

Thanks...I might make a few calls to check on this and the direct bus service to the MAGIC KINGDOM. I know they are doing major renovations to the bus stop areas over at the park that is why they have reverted back to the old bus route to TTC. But with MNSSHP and MVMCP coming in the next few months the direct bus was ideal to use during the peak party hours.

One plus the TTC to EPCOT MONORAIL would be great for Food & Wine.

If I can get the information I'll post it here.

Beckie :wave:

sleepingbeautymama said:
Can anyone tell me, if we were to get a first floor room, can you walk directly off the patio to the courtyard?
Sleepingbeautymama

Yes ::yes:: It may be possible depending on the landscaping in front or near your particular room. Have a great vacation.

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Sleepingbeautymama

Yes ::yes:: It may be possible depending on the landscaping in front or near your particular room. Have a great vacation.

...yeah...some of them have big 'rocks' to give partial privacy.....

Just popping in to say Good Day!!!

Lots of great information lately. :thumbsup2

Wondering about the scaffolding also. Some of Kelly's pictures showed it on the SouthWing. Wonder if they are just pressure washing the sides or if they are doing rennovations to the outside of the Lodge? :artist:

Jeannie

Just wanted to say I loved the new photo's of the Presidential Suite and my fav...Good Old Humphrey's new nose job. I guess we have done a great job spreading the word about the MAGICAL POWERS of that nose.

Beckie

49425s_Nose-med.jpg

Jeannie :wave:

Do you know someone at the Lodge we could call for the correct information? I don't always trust the information from some of the Cast Members you reach calling the main # as sometimes they aren't even located at the Lodge. :confused3

Beckie

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Jeannie

...Good Old Humphrey's new nose job. I guess we have done a great job spreading the word about the MAGICAL POWERS of that nose....

.... :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter