The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
we also plan on days of breaks at the pool
my sons at 7 and 2
we are there 10 nights so
maybe we could do alittle mini meet at the pool with the kids, swim

Hi Folks!
We just returned from WDW after a week stay at the Wilderness Lodge.
Our trip was one of those last minute decisions - "what the heck".
Disney overbooked the standard rooms and gave us a CONCIERGE room on the top floor! Is this odd or regular practice?

{note from DIS administration: A portion of this post was advertising for the poster's personal gain, and has been removed.}

Our best memory of the Wilderness Lodge was the Whispering Canyon Cafe - the kids had a blast everytime and begged to return. On the top floor of the main building there are unique displays of the actual stones used to build the fireplace. The wines at the restaurant were even from the Northwest!
Toodles,
Diane
:surfweb:

Diane5150 said:
Hi Folks!
We just returned from WDW after a week stay at the Wilderness Lodge.
Our trip was one of those last minute decisions - "what the heck".
Disney overbooked the standard rooms and gave us a CONCIERGE room on the top floor! Is this odd or regular practice?

Our best memory of the Wilderness Lodge was the Whispering Canyon Cafe - the kids had a blast everytime and begged to return. On the top floor of the main building there are unique displays of the actual stones used to build the fireplace. The wines at the restaurant were even from the Northwest!
Toodles,
Diane
:surfweb:

wow..that is great!! I've never gotten a free upgrade..and so many of you do. We are staying concierge in about 23 days..and cannot wait! SO anxious to see your photos! Were the rooms refurbished yet? Or still the old style??

I'm up for a mini-meet. We also plan on breaks mid-day and a few days of just parks in the morning as well.

Should we play it by ear or try to figure out a best time/place before we arrive?

honestly i am a planaholic and would rather plan it in advance
but thats just me
i am for whatever the groups wants

Ha! I love to plan too. I wish we could send attachments in our PM or emails and then you could see my itinerary and decide from there. I'm hoping for afternoon breaks, but not sure what will really happen until we get there. We will be going to parks at opening times. And most of our evening meals are at Epcot. I don't know if we will have the computer that week or not yet. So let me know what you all decide and I'll do my best to be there for the mini-meet.

ok, this is probably a silly question, but oh well! :blush:

If we booked WL concierge through AAA (this IS possible, correct?), we still would get all the 'perks' of concierge, like the advance planning, etc, right? :blush:

TIA! :wave:

When's everyone planning on being at the pool?
I have Tues 8/15 2-4pm and Wed 8/16 3-4pm on our itinerary
Next?

well my email is alicnwondrln@gmail.com
and i am on yahoo at kelly_mousefan
and kelly74wdw in AIM

I am planning pool time possibly that tuesday as we take a break from epcot but not wed we are doing the day at AK

if you book CL thru AAA you still get all the planning and stuff I would email the IPO and let them know about you

MomOf2DisneyKids said:

If we booked WL concierge through AAA (this IS possible, correct?), we still would get all the 'perks' of concierge, like the advance planning, etc, right? :blush:

Before I had my "free dining" I had the AAA discount on the concierge room..you get everything that anyone who is staying CL gets :)

MomOf2DisneyKids said:

I booked concierge on the 20th of this month through SWV and Allison from IPO emailed me on the 23rd. I was shocked to say the least. I had read somewhere (probably here) that they didn't contact you until 90 days prior to your visit. Mine isn't until February of next year.

DLBDS said:
I booked concierge on the 20th of this month through SWV and Allison from IPO emailed me on the 23rd. I was shocked to say the least. I had read somewhere (probably here) that they didn't contact you until 90 days prior to your visit. Mine isn't until February of next year.

I actually just found out that the IPO contacts you 200 days before your trip start date. This way you have some time to give them your info before they have to start making ADR's.

I learn something new everyday!!! :)

I spoke to AspiringCindy a few hours ago...they are at DL, and they are staying at GC, which is similar to WL. She said that, although the resort is very lovely, it isn't as impressive as WL...but it is cool how the monorail runs through it...... :sunny:

Alicnwondrln said:
i wish the monorail would go to the WL
but i an not holding my breath
lol

...well, ya can't actually get ON the monorail at GC - they would have to put turnstiles in the resort, because you would need a park pass to get on the monorail....

dizneykid said:
I actually just found out that the IPO contacts you 200 days before your trip start date. This way you have some time to give them your info before they have to start making ADR's.

very cool!! So, you guys feel 'safe' enough leaving the important ADR's to them (or do you also try on your own just as a back up?) Thinking in particular about CRT and wanting ADR's for a specific time?
Thanks! :wave:

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
very cool!! So, you guys feel 'safe' enough leaving the important ADR's to them (or do you also try on your own just as a back up?) Thinking in particular about CRT and wanting ADR's for a specific time?
Thanks! :wave:

I told Allison that I would be making my own ADRs but that I would definitely use them for any dining changes that may come up AFTER we arrive. I've done pretty well, so far, planning my ADRs with very few changes (2-3 for a 9-day trip) once they're made. That said, I would feel really bad if I had to call her with changes to my ADRs more than a couple of times. :blush: I would just prefer to handle them myself. Why use a middle-man? I'm a newbie though. Maybe, if I was a more seasoned WDWer, I could happily pass this task on to the IPO without a care or concern. They will arrange my Wildlife Discovery Excursion tour for sure. I've already told them about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter