The NEW Week after Thanksgiving Crew Planning Thread! 11/28-12/5?

Ok with only 3 full days left until we leave, what all do you have left to do? Me, well I have still have laundry, the outside to decorate, pack, bake for tomorrow, clean, and pray that I have everything I need so I don't have to go to the store. It's time I really get into countdown mode and take action!

Pretty much the same as you. :rotfl: I still have to cook for Thanksgiving, find/buy ponchos for the rain, laundry, clean and pack! :scared1:

I really don't want to pack until Friday cause I'm not sure about the weather. I know Florida in not predicable this time of year, but I want to get as close as possible to a good estimate.

I wish we were leaving tomorrow! Well really today. Not liking having to be at work today, it's very quite.

Hi, Everyone!

I don't know why I just found this thread now, but wanted to join in, if I may.

My husband and I are leaving on Saturday (after hosting Thanksgiving for 11 people tomorrow!:rolleyes:).

Our trip will be 11/28-12/3 at the Polynesian, with tickets to MVMCP on the 2nd. We have never been to WDW at this time of year and we are beyond excited.

It sounds like you all have some wonderful trips planned yourselves. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday and a magical trip!

Hi, Everyone!

I don't know why I just found this thread now, but wanted to join in, if I may.

My husband and I are leaving on Saturday (after hosting Thanksgiving for 11 people tomorrow!:rolleyes:).

Our trip will be 11/28-12/3 at the Polynesian, with tickets to MVMCP on the 2nd. We have never been to WDW at this time of year and we are beyond excited.

It sounds like you all have some wonderful trips planned yourselves. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday and a magical trip!
Never too late to join the fun!

:welcome:

@JenniJ- Thanks! It's true that it's never too late to join the fun but there are a lot of things I should be doing right now instead of having fun on the disBoards....eh! It will all magically get done somehow, right?!? LOL

My to do list is so long I have started to figure out what I absolutely have to do and what, if anything can be put off. :scared1: We leave Sunday.... what ever made me think of going this time of year? :lmao:

Glad to hear she's better. It's that time of the year for sickness, unfortunately.

There's some wierd virus going around the Chicagoland area, vomiting, diarerea (sp) and maybe a fever. Lasts only 24-48 hours. DS/2 got it on Thursday, DH had it Friday night and Saturday and I got it on Sunday, but not so bad. Thankfully DD/17 didn't get it and it only lasts as long as it does.
I was quite worried when DS/2 got sick and then passed it on to us! with only a week til we leave. So glad we are all well again. Whew!

Thanks Jenni,
She's feeling fine! She even helped polish the sliverwear yesterday!

I've got to get moving and get that turkey in the oven, it won't cook itself!

No more check list for me. As a result of some last minute glitches I had to pretty much grab and go but I had already done quite a bit of the preparation so all should be well.:thumbsup2

No cooking for me either. We are at Clearwater beach and will be having a sunny day while back home it is flooding, with chances of tornadoes and snow coming in next. :scared1:

We leave here on Sunday, after a fruitless home search (so far), and will head toward Disney for our usual two week holiday.

See you there and without any of those nasty bugs so you feel well and enjoy yourselves!:goodvibes

Slightly Goofy

We started on laundry this morning before heading over to DW's parents for Thanksgiving, then up for a little BF shopping tomorrow, more laundry, clean house, my parent's over for dinner tomorrow, outside lights up Saturday morning, more laundry, packing, FSU game Sat afternoon, then more laundry and finish packing because Sunday we leave right after church and won't have time for anything else on Sunday! :)

I'm soooo excited, it's almost time!!:yay::woohoo:

I'll spend the day doing laundry:laundy:, hopefully I can start to pack tonight.
Tomorrow will be spent getting things in order here at home, and checking in for the flight.

I could hardly sleep last night, how will I ever last till Sunday morning?!

We are also leaving Sunday. We don't fly out until dinner. So it will be go to church, come home for lunch (take-out), put suitcases in the car and head for the airport.

Things are in pretty good shape and I have half the packing done. Mind you, we Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October so this week hasn't been as busy as it has for many of you.

We are very excited and I don't feel anxious. However, last night I had this crazy nightmare about the trip.:scared1: It had everything in it: having to leave half-way through our stay, baggage trouble, customs trouble, a missed flight and a lot of wandering through Orlando airport which seemed even more confusing than it actually is. It was surreal! Needless to say, I was so happy when I woke up and realized it was a dream.:)

Hope you all have a great trip!

WE got back the day before yesterday, after fighting the weather all the way home. We were gone for an entire month between our househunting at Clearwater and our two weeks at Disney, that was extended to 16 days because of said weather.

We had a lovely time and there were so many comments on my seasonally decorated walker, complete with a turkey made by WeHEARTMickey. Thank you so very much. That was so kind of you.

I met many DISers and tried to convert the others. I often do.:goodvibes

I will attempt a TR after the holidays but please do not expect the usual. It is not a wise choice when I am involved.:lmao:

Slightly Goofy

OK, for the rest of us who are all probably also back now:

Was it more crowded than expected? It was to us. We've been in the first week or two of December three times now in the past 5 years and this year was waaaaaaaaaaaay more crowded the entire trip than in past years. I'm glad we didn't do a MVMCP this time as I've heard they were nuts. It took us an hour and fifteen minutes to get from the TTC parking lot into the MK on Saturday, Dec 4th around 11 am (granted it was Parade Taping day, but still - we've never had more than a 30-40 minute trip in the past even in May or March or June). It was nuts. We will probably be rethinking out plans for next time we go down during Chritmas.

i did not find it terribly crowded but then we tend to zip when other zag and also do not do the thrill rides and such that are he most crowded. Did note that Spaceship Earth always had a big line which is not something I usually see often. Lots of kids there that day so that might have been it.

We had to wear our heavy coats two days out of the 16 and it rained one morning while we were on the bus to EPCOT so the weather was pretty darned good, until we got ready to leave. Even snagging two extra days did not help as it took us 4 days to get home on a trip that usually takes 2.

It was fun and now it is time to book another trip.:cool1:

Slightly Goofy

I don't know if it was more or less crowded than ussual since this is the 1st time going during this time. It was definetely less crowded than August which is our ussual time. We will never go during that time again. DH doesn't due heat and large crowds well.

I will say I was especting it to be less. We didn't do as much as I had hoped. But that could have been due to a 2 year old. DS doesn't have the same temperment I remember my DD having. It could have also been due to DH not wanting to travel at a quicker than a stroll pace. :sad2::rotfl: I didn't think MVMCP was too crazy. It was MUCH less crasy than when we went to the Holloween party back in 2000.

Would I go again during this time of year.... yes but only without the kids. DD was too stressed with schoolwork afterwards and took it all out on us. It was her own fault, teachers gave her the homework ahead of time and she just didn't buckle down... :rolleyes1 Even with my annoying reminders that she will regret it later...

Learning experience for all.:teacher:

Now to try and convince DH to go on a 1st aniversary trip. I don't think I will win though.... He said that to get a Disney trip I would be sacrificing vacations for about 2 years!!! :scared1:

Here's praying.... :angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter