The NEW Week after Thanksgiving Crew Planning Thread! 11/28-12/5?

10 more days!! I can't believe it's almost time to leave for our trip!!

I usually do not pack a coat but plan to wear a light jacket or sweatshirt to the airport (one that zips so I can take off at the Orlando airport if it is too warm).

I hope it does get a little warmer than in the upper 60's while we are there - my DS17 was looking forward to swimming. I think 80 would be nice :goodvibes (just a quick comment - I just saw a youtube video of a 3-year old child on ToT. :scared1: What were his parents thinking?!! Personally I think that is WAY too young - I couldn't imagine my DGS3 on those drops - their poor little hearts!!) (Please don't flame me - just a concerned grandmother speaking here!)

It actually looks much different today; now they are saying almost 80 each day.

And it will change two to three more times before we leave. It is inevitable.

It actually looks much different today; now they are saying almost 80 each day.

And it will change two to three more times before we leave. It is inevitable.

Looking at any forecast for Florida that is more than 1-2 days out is useless and will only get people worried. Check the orlando news station sites starting around the 26th and go from there and not a day before because anything before that is a waste of your time. :thumbsup2

It's getting closer and closer for us. I have my packing list printed and have decided to take the kids to DG house so I can pack their clothes without them knowing, since this is a surprise. I'm making a few shirts for the MVMCP, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my Bling comes in sometime within the next few days so I don't have to do that last minute...yikes. I guess this weekend we will try to get all items we still might need purchased. Anyone else starting to become a bit overwhelmed? I want to get my Christmas decorations up before we leave, but I'm not sure I have enough time to do all of it and pack!

It's getting closer and closer for us. I have my packing list printed and have decided to take the kids to DG house so I can pack their clothes without them knowing, since this is a surprise. I'm making a few shirts for the MVMCP, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my Bling comes in sometime within the next few days so I don't have to do that last minute...yikes. I guess this weekend we will try to get all items we still might need purchased. Anyone else starting to become a bit overwhelmed? I want to get my Christmas decorations up before we leave, but I'm not sure I have enough time to do all of it and pack!

I am right there with you... overwhelmed! We leave in 10 days and I have 158 things on my to do list yet... Which also includes packing and putting the Christmas decoration (since we don't get back till December 15). On top of all that I have a nasty chest cold and a sinus infection! And both of my kiddos have the chest cold. So, yea, I guess you could sa I am overwhelmed! :lmao:

I am right there with you... overwhelmed! We leave in 10 days and I have 158 things on my to do list yet... Which also includes packing and putting the Christmas decoration (since we don't get back till December 15). On top of all that I have a nasty chest cold and a sinus infection! And both of my kiddos have the chest cold. So, yea, I guess you could sa I am overwhelmed! :lmao:

Sorry to hear you're fighting the colds. My dh has had it for over three weeks and I made him see a dr. and that doesn't seem to help even with the antibiotics and cough med. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the kids stay healthy, nothing like visiting a clinic while at Disney. I've done that before with my ds and we had to wait 4 hours to get seen... never again will I go to a clinic Disney Resorts hand out. Now I research which urgent care will take my insurance that's not too close to Disney World but not yet too far.

SINGLE DIGITS!!!

Did someone say overwhelmed?:scared1::eek:

Packing
Laundry
Grocery Shopping (for Thanksgiving Diner)
House Cleaning
Cooking
Work?!

:eek::scared1::eek:

Looking at any forecast for Florida that is more than 1-2 days out is useless and will only get people worried. Check the orlando news station sites starting around the 26th and go from there and not a day before because anything before that is a waste of your time. :thumbsup2

I tend to agree with you - I just looked at 2 different sites and it still shows 66-72 for that week. I won't pack until the day before :scared1:

SINGLE DIGITS!!!

Work?!

That work thing always gets in the way of Disney doesn't it?

My mantra today has been, "I have 2 more days of work, 2 more days of work" etc.

I'm starting to get that itchy/tingling feeling in my stomache-so, so, so excited! :yay:

We cannot believe we will be there this time next week! After almost of year of planning, numerous ADR changes, hours and hours of reading the DIS boards and changing our resorts what seems like a dozen times we are almost there!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

The weather looks like it will be perfect. The parks and resorts are already in holiday mode. Coming from Northern California, Florida seems like another world.

Well, I guess I should get started packing.:banana::banana::banana:

Wheeeee! One week from today! Our box of extras (diapers, snacks, sunscreen, etc.) is packed and ready to go. The girls' suitcase is almost completely packed. H and I haven't packed our stuff yet, but the laundry is in progress right now to facilitate that.

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Ditto to what everyone else is saying about "too much to do in too little time" It doesn't matter how many months you've had to plan it always comes down to all the last minute stuff. For me---I will have company from today until next Friday, I have to work 2 1/2 of those days and then have 10 of my favorite people for Thanksgiving dinner. But look out next Friday-company gone, clean house,laundry,pack and plan to relax at Disney:goodvibes
The Christmas decorations will have to wait until I get home.

Ok, just did online check in. When it came to room requests I got all excited - Uzima, sunset, or arusha savannah? Then I clicked the box - the only choice was "near transportation." Never mind. Just hope I get a decent location at AKL this time, I hated the location of my room @ the Poly last year.
You people are packed/packing - seriously? I need that last minute panic attack to force me to commit to what to pack. I have next week off @ work, so it's too easy @ this point to think - lot's of time:lmao:

Goning to be cooking deserts and breads for Thanksgiving all day today so I don't have to do it all in one day with other things..... like preparing to the TRIP!!!

Also doing laundry. bleh...

I don't know how I am going to funtion at work this week. Just too exceted!

OH NO!:scared1:

DD just came down with a slight fever! :sick:101.0 not really bad, I hope it doesn't get worse! We are having Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people at our house and leave for Disney on Sunday! I gave her childrens motrin and the fever came down to 99.0 in about 45 minutes. I guess if she spike another fever in the morning I'll take her to the Dr. I asked her if she felt sick and she said no, just a little headache:confused3.

She kept crying I can't get sick only 6 days till Disney! I guess if she needs an antibiotic I'll just keep her out of school for the rest of the week (only a 1/2 day on Wednesday anyway). Luckily, her teacher sent home her vacation homework today. :teacher: She has 21 pages of math :eek: and a vacation journal to do! That's a lot of work for a second grader!

O.K. so DD woke up this morning and was fine!
No fever and feels great!

I hope she is not getting sick!!!
I guess I'll just wait and see.

Glad to hear she's better. It's that time of the year for sickness, unfortunately.

There's some wierd virus going around the Chicagoland area, vomiting, diarerea (sp) and maybe a fever. Lasts only 24-48 hours. DS/2 got it on Thursday, DH had it Friday night and Saturday and I got it on Sunday, but not so bad. Thankfully DD/17 didn't get it and it only lasts as long as it does.
I was quite worried when DS/2 got sick and then passed it on to us! with only a week til we leave. So glad we are all well again. Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter