The NEW Week after Thanksgiving Crew Planning Thread! 11/28-12/5?

Our plan so far is to visit HS and/or Epcot on arrival day (11/28/10), then MK on 29th because of EMH & Wishes, Epcot on 30th and wherever else our feet take us, AK on 12/1 (EMH) and no plans for Thurs or Friday.

I plan to put a lime green Mickey head on my camera case plus a big one in our window at BWV (we will have boardwalk view). If you see a reddish/blonde lady in her 50's with 3 grown sons (all of whom are quite handsome ;)) say hi!!

I'll keep my eyes open. We'll be in the MK and Epcot on the same days. I keep a small lime green Mickey head key chain type thing (they sell them in the parks) on my camera bag - got tired of ripping the Home Depot LGMHs. :thumbsup2

It seems like we all will be at Epcot / DHS on 11/28!

We have a dinner reservation at Garden Grill at 4:45 and plan to do the behind the seeds tour either befor or after. Then its off to DHS for the Osborn Lights!:santa:

On Monday we will probably get a late start and just do DHS till after lunch, take a break at the YC pool and then have dinner at Coral Reef at 8:00.

Tuesday is our full day at MK - we have a b'fast ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:05 then plan to head to Kona for dinner at 8:00pm and hopefully catch the Holiday Wishes fireworks from the beach.

We are planning to see Wishes and MSEP from inside the park on Sat. 12/4. I hope it's not too crazy because of the Christmas Parade taping! :eek:

The rest of the week we will just float around to which ever park sounds like fun.

Oh yeah, we will try to fit in Fantasmic on 12/2 at 8:00!

Rekenna,

We have some of the same ADR's, I wonder if we will be there at the same times?

We have Garden Grill at 4:45 on 11/28, Coral Reef at 8:00 on 11/29 and LeCellier at 8:00 on 12/1. We also have Crystal Palace at 8:05 am on 11/30, Kona Cafe at 8:00pm on 11/30, Les Chefs at 5:00 on 12/2 and Rose and Crown at 7:45 on 12/3.

Hi! We are pretty close but, not exact. This is what we have lined up...

11/28-Coral Reef-11:30am
11/28-Garden Grill-6:20pm
11/29-Crystal Palace-8:05am
11/29-O'hana-5:00pm
11/30-T Rex-12:00pm
12/1-Le Cellier-6:45pm (DH and I)
12/1-Via Napoli-6:20pm (sisters and boys)
12/2-50's Prime Time Cafe-11:20am
12/3-Tusker House-9:10am

Yum! Just can't wait!

BTW-DS4 has been calling DS11 "Chicken Baby" b/c he will not ride ToT! I know it's wrong but, this is hysterical. To see someone who is still really a baby picking on his much older and much, much bigger brother with no fear is priceless-DS4 is rip-roaring to go, DS11 is very excited as well, but he is much more into the ambience and atmosphere of WDW than DS4.

Have a great time everyone!

Hi all...just found this board. We will be there that week too! Leaving on Sat the 27th. Staying at Embassy Suites for 1 night, then checking into Condo on Sun through the 5th. Wish we were staying at Disney and getting Free Dining, but won the week at a condo free from a tricky tray!!!!!!!! So... my family of 6 is going being joined by a long time friend and her son! No kids know! Only 3 weeks left today!!!!!! Time to start getting ready!!! Enjoy your trips everyone!!

Rekenna,
I love the story about your little guy teasing your big guy about TOT!

Last year was our DD7's firts trip to Disney, she was fearless, untill TOT!:scared1:

The minute we walked into DHS she wanted to ride TOT. She started to act a little nervous in the que and when we were seated in the elevator she put the death grip on my arm! After the third drop she started to cry and ask "Is it over yet?". Wouldn't you know we were dropped at least three more times! When we finally got off she was shaking but not crying, I felt like the worst Mom for taking her on but she was the one that insisted we do it! As we were walking away DH asked her if she wanted to do it again and she said "Are you crazy! There is NO WAY I'll ever do that again!!"

I just asked her yesterday if she was ready to do TOT again and she kinda looked at me like I was crazy and said "I'll let you know!":lovestruc

Rekenna,
I love the story about your little guy teasing your big guy about TOT!

Last year was our DD7's firts trip to Disney, she was fearless, untill TOT!:scared1:

The minute we walked into DHS she wanted to ride TOT. She started to act a little nervous in the que and when we were seated in the elevator she put the death grip on my arm! After the third drop she started to cry and ask "Is it over yet?". Wouldn't you know we were dropped at least three more times! When we finally got off she was shaking but not crying, I felt like the worst Mom for taking her on but she was the one that insisted we do it! As we were walking away DH asked her if she wanted to do it again and she said "Are you crazy! There is NO WAY I'll ever do that again!!"

I just asked her yesterday if she was ready to do TOT again and she kinda looked at me like I was crazy and said "I'll let you know!":lovestruc

Haha! I showed DS4 a youtube video of ToT last week-of course a video is a far cry from the real thing! He was totally cool with the dropping-at least he says so-he was more afraid of the story of ToT and the que-he thought it was very spooky. We will see what transpires....;)

Haha! I showed DS4 a youtube video of ToT last week-of course a video is a far cry from the real thing! He was totally cool with the dropping-at least he says so-he was more afraid of the story of ToT and the que-he thought it was very spooky. We will see what transpires....;)

My DD was o.k. with the first two drops (they kind of stopped for a second in between) but from the third one on they were continual with no breaks in between. I have to admit it was starting to get to me too:eek:!

We leave in less than two weeks but we are going somewhere else before booking into Disney. So much to do, so little time, such a relief when the day arrives!:cool1:

Slightly Goofy

Got Mickey mail the other day!

Plastic luggage tags and vacation booklete with coupons.

I was expecting this at check in. What a nice surprise!

A fortnight! (Decided go go Shakespearian)

Still no mail for us, but they are both room only ressies so I don't think we get any.

Going in less than 2 weeks! Can't believe it! Putting Christmas decorations up this week. So much to do and so little time left!

Going in less than 2 weeks! Can't believe it! Putting Christmas decorations up this week. So much to do and so little time left!

We did the same thing today. Christmas decorations going up and getting ready to leave in 12 days!

Looking at the 15 day forecast, looks like a cold spell may come on Nov 28th. Will have to monitor this to see what we need to pack!

So much fun planning! :santa:

We did the same thing today. Christmas decorations going up and getting ready to leave in 12 days!

Looking at the 15 day forecast, looks like a cold spell may come on Nov 28th. Will have to monitor this to see what we need to pack!

So much fun planning! :santa:

A cold spell REALLY? This will make it seem more Christmas like, although I can't take it too cold. Now I have to see if I have enough gloves, scarves, and hats for my kids, not to mention myself and DH. We've been at Disney when it was 28 degrees and I had to buy so much winter apparel that I don't want to pay that extreme price again. Only 12 more days!!!:cheer2:

A cold spell REALLY? This will make it seem more Christmas like, although I can't take it too cold. Now I have to see if I have enough gloves, scarves, and hats for my kids, not to mention myself and DH. We've been at Disney when it was 28 degrees and I had to buy so much winter apparel that I don't want to pay that extreme price again. Only 12 more days!!!:cheer2:

I am not too concerned yet about the predicted cooler temperatures. It is a 15 day forecast which is not too accurate. The forecast states cool and sunny with highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s. These temps are about 10 to 15 degrees cooler but not freezing. I am just going to monitor the weather as the days get closer to see where it goes.

I am not too concerned yet about the predicted cooler temperatures. It is a 15 day forecast which is not too accurate. The forecast states cool and sunny with highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s. These temps are about 10 to 15 degrees cooler but not freezing. I am just going to monitor the weather as the days get closer to see where it goes.

Lows in the 40s in Florida feel like freezing, though, especially to us natives! :cold: ;)

We hope for at least cool temps. Feels more Christmasy when it isn't 80 degrees, but a few years ago we were in the MK late for MVMCP and the temp dropped into the 40s and we were freezing to death, even prepared with long johns, jeans, shirts, fleeces, and hats. Brrrr! We couldn't feel our fingers by the time we left. (Of course, we're the same people who wonder what everyone is complaining about when it is "only" 90 degrees out during the summer :rolleyes: - native Floridians... whaddya do?)

10 days to go! I am trying not to get too excited for fear of making the time go slower. As it is, I am keeping pretty busy and time is rolling along quite nicely.

The weather forecast seems to be calling for warmer weather now (in the 70s) though who knows how accurate it is. Oh well, for us Canadians, anything above the 40s seems like summer. :rotfl:

10 days is the hardest! I have sooooo much left to do!
I got my turkey for Thanksgiving, now I just need to get everything else!:eek:

I plan to do laundry for our trip over the weekend, however with the forcast changing every 10 minutes it looks like I'll be packing everything I own!:laughing:

I just hope the mornings are not too cold, I would like to be able to leave for the park in the morning in shorts or at least capris and a sweatshirt. I don't want to have to wear long pants untill the evenings.

What do you all wear for the trip down?
I'm thinking I'll wear jeans and layer a tee shirt and sweater. I'll put some shorts and my bathing suit in my carry-on so if its warm when we get there we can change.

Okay guys, 9 more days to go!!!

I just completed our online check-in and confirmed all our requests. Now, I just need to pack every article of clothing we own to be prepared for all the changing weather patterns.

I have the temp handicap pass for my son and all his extra goodies to keep him happy and on an even-keel so he can enjoy his vacation.

I have all the extras for the B-Day boys, including their B-Day Mickey ears!

I have all the ADR's made, all our paperwork printed and our daily itineraries ready to go.

**I must, must, must remember my pillow! Don't forget this!

Can't wait to be on vacation, we desperately need a vacation!

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy WDW Vacation to all-please travel safe and have fun!:)

What do you all wear for the trip down?
I'm thinking I'll wear jeans and layer a tee shirt and sweater. I'll put some shorts and my bathing suit in my carry-on so if its warm when we get there we can change.

It's definitely a good idea to dress in layers if you're coming from a colder climate. I will probably wear a t-shirt and sweater as well as a windbreaker over top. We also like to bring hats and mitts for everyone in case it gets cool in the evenings and we have to wait for a bus or something. Of course, coming home for us is always brutal. We'll likely have snow by then.

Have a great trip everyone. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter