The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I should have clarified - I paid for a few nights in full at 10,000 points each, then the remaining nights in cash. It was not the "Cash & Points" promo they offer now & then. I've always tried to get in on that, but it's never available for my dates.

Thank yoou so much!

Does it matter if the first nights are cash or first nights are points? Does it make a difference? With points you are stuck w standard room, right? So if you pay cash for balcony they will make you switch?

Also, does the Dolphin tend to book up Thanksgiving week? Thanks again!

HI there,

I am on a budget so I wasn't planning on dining at one of the nice restaurants at S/D because I looked at the online menu and was like :scared1: But I am getting a $50 credit to use at the hotel through AAA deal. Which restaurant would you recommend and why. I love both steak and Italian food, so I am having hard time...or do you think it would be wiser spent on a few small meals at one of the counter service places?
Fresh and The Fountain are both very good.

Separate shampoo & conditioner, but bottles are small. Make sure you tell housekeeping you need extra and they will be happy to leave them for you!

Thank you! :)

They use Shine shampoo, conditioner and body lotion (mandarine & mint scent). It's the same exact kind they use in every Sheraton hotel. Technically the Swan is a Westin so I expected the White tea and aloe stuff they use in Westins but they only had the Shine brand. It's nice and smells good. I like it. Everyone has their own preferences of course.

I haven't got the foggiest idea about the TP though...It was 2 ply I think ...nothing special.

ETA I Googled it to find you pic
sh-amenities_xlrg.jpg

Thanks! I appreciate the picture. I think I will not pack shampoo/conditioner.

I think I remember the other thing I wanted to ask... I tried to do a search on it but do the fridges have tiny freezer compartments?

Also, can you take the towels you use at the pool up to your room so you don't drip or do you leave them by the pool?

I am getting soooooo excited! :banana:

Anyone heading there for the Food and Wine Classic? I booked the 2 night stay which includes causeway tickets for 2 for both nights. A huge savings if you price it out individually. Any other attendees?

We are booked for a week, ending with the F&W Classic 2-night package. The cost for the package was terrific!

Can linking the reservations at a busy time like Thanksgiving be a problem? I do NOT want to change rooms, it just would not work out well for our family.

I called the Dolphin directly and had no problem linking my first five nights to the F&W Classic package. I would think that is a busy time for them.

I would spend it all on ice cream sundaes at the fountain but that's me...lol. There are so many great options that's for sure.

LOL :rotfl: I love it!! Yep $50 should last a few days!!! :rotfl2:

Fresh and The Fountain are both very good.

Dan I will check out menus online. I am hopin these places don't need reservation. It would be nice to have a few days not tied down to ADR's.

I have 2 questions about our stay at the Dolphin (booked on travelocity). Can I transfer my reservation to our travel agent? If I only booked a room only reservation is there anyway to add a dining plan or tickets to make a package?

Thanks!

I have 2 questions about our stay at the Dolphin (booked on travelocity). Can I transfer my reservation to our travel agent? If I only booked a room only reservation is there anyway to add a dining plan or tickets to make a package?

Thanks!
Not sure on the first question, but no on the second question, no Disney dining or ticket packages at S/D.

Thanks for all the great information. Wonder if I can ask a couple of questions

You mentioned starbucks in the room. Assume it is a filter machine but how many pods do you get a day?

Do the hotels do a refillable drinks cup like the Disney hotels. I am a keen tea drinker and loved the mugs @ the beach club

Internet is this wireless in the rooms?

Thanks

Thanks!

Travelocity IS your travel agent, so you can't transfer the reservation.

You mentioned starbucks in the room. Assume it is a filter machine but how many pods do you get a day?

Do the hotels do a refillable drinks cup like the Disney hotels. I am a keen tea drinker and loved the mugs @ the beach club

Internet is this wireless in the rooms?

Thanks
They stock the room typically with 3 regular and 1 decaf filter pod. Plus some tea. You ask for as many additional as you want though.

They do have refillable mugs. In the past, one mug covered both hot and cold drinks. A year or two ago, they went to two mugs, if you want both hot and cold, though you can buy either or both. I have a mug from a promotion from a few years ago, not sure how that works now, I do not really use it. I think they are good on repeat trips. :confused3

Internet is both, wired and wireless.

You could ask for extra pods from the front desk or housekeeping

Yes they have refillable mugs. They are a cream color with the names of the S/D restaurants on it. I think they cost $13 each and they can be refilled at Picabu's in the Dolphin 24/7 !

Internet is this wireless in the rooms? not sure if it is wireless. I know they have an ether-net wire in each room to use.

Thanks

I hope this helps

How long of a walk is it to Epcot from the Dolphin resort? I read somewhere that it is 20 minutes or so, is it really that long? Is the Dolphin resort closer to Epcot than the Swan? I've been considering booking the Dolphin for a quick October trip. I would have my sister along, and she has been having some problems with her back and feet, so whichever resort is closer would be the better choice.

Also, would it be wise to book now, or can I wait? Are both the Swan and Dolphin sure to quickly book up for the month of October?

How long of a walk is it to Epcot from the Dolphin resort? I read somewhere that it is 20 minutes or so, is it really that long? Is the Dolphin resort closer to Epcot than the Swan? I've been considering booking the Dolphin for a quick October trip. I would have my sister along, and she has been having some problems with her back and feet, so whichever resort is closer would be the better choice.

Also, would it be wise to book now, or can I wait? Are both the Swan and Dolphin sure to quickly book up for the month of October?

It takes me ~10 minutes from the International Gateway exit of Epcot to the Swan. It would take an extra minute or two to the Dolphin, as the Swan is closer. You can always take the boat.

I would book your October room now. Depending on when you want to go in October, the Swan and Dolphin have some BIG conventions. The Gartner IT Expo is October 21-25, and not only does that fill the Swan and Dolphin, but also the other Epcot resorts and a value and moderate.

How long of a walk is it to Epcot from the Dolphin resort? I read somewhere that it is 20 minutes or so, is it really that long? Is the Dolphin resort closer to Epcot than the Swan? I've been considering booking the Dolphin for a quick October trip. I would have my sister along, and she has been having some problems with her back and feet, so whichever resort is closer would be the better choice.......
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Walking-Distances.htm

It takes me ~10 minutes from the International Gateway exit of Epcot to the Swan. It would take an extra minute or two to the Dolphin, as the Swan is closer. You can always take the boat.

I would book your October room now. Depending on when you want to go in October, the Swan and Dolphin have some BIG conventions. The Gartner IT Expo is October 21-25, and not only does that fill the Swan and Dolphin, but also the other Epcot resorts and a value and moderate.

Ugh. The dates we are looking at are Oct 18-21, maybe 22. Would you still book at the Swan or Dolphin, or somewhere else?

Thanks for the walking distance info. For some reason I always thought the Dolphin was closer to Epcot than the Swan.

Ugh. The dates we are looking at are Oct 18-21, maybe 22. Would you still book at the Swan or Dolphin, or somewhere else?

If you are checking out on Oct. 21 - you'll be fine. If you are checking out on the 22nd, you'll either find no availability for the last night, or very expensive availability for the last night. You can check prices now at www.swandolphin.com. If you want to stay one more night, I would arrive one day earlier - on the 17th. Flights will probably cost less on a Wednesday than a Thursday, too.

Are we still limited to 250 pages if so it looks like it's time to start a new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter