The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited we just booked 6 nights at the Dolphin for 12/26-1/1!! Have never been to Disney during the holidays so we are excited to see everything at the parks & in the hotels...just mentally preparing ourselves for the crowds. We have only been able to get a few ADRs, but I am going to keep trying everyday especially when we are down there...

We were going to stay at the CBR, but then I ran the numbers with our Starwood & Amex points. Then I bought extra starwood points for 20% off to get us to the 55,000 we needed for 6 nights and it is only costing us $700 over the week of XMas & New Years!!! :banana:

I think that hands down the Dolphin is a nicer hotel than any of the moderate resorts. We stayed there this past April over Easter break and really enjoyed the hotel...it is large, but the amenities are great and you really can't beat the location over the moderates! It is so nice being on the boat launch to 2 parks plus being able to walk over to Epcot is fabulous when you need to get out with a screaming baby over the fireworks! :scared1:

Thanks RachelTori for the info on Facebook! I have been a fan of their page, but this posting didn't show up in my newsfeed...I am curious to know what the little treat is!! :wizard:

We stayed at the Swan last July for our wedding anniversary and I posted on the FB S/D site at that time. We were surprised on our check in day with chocolate chip cookies, white and chocolate milk, candy and a small bottle of champagne! The card welcomed us back to the resort and it was signed by the S/D Facebook. :lovestruc

Several photos from S/D now......

IMG_7300.jpg

IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

IMG_7694.jpg

IMG_7701.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

100% of this Santa display...Santa, tree, presents, fireplace,
train, everything...is edible chocolate!!

IMG_7708-1.jpg

IMG_7709.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

Wow. My DD5 was particularly impressed with the chocolate display. She wants to know if the white fluff was made out of chocolate as well. I told her 100% is 100% but she is not convinced.

The pics just get us more excited about staying at the Dolphin in April. :dance3:

2011-12-11_07-12-40_652.jpg

Not sure about the white 'fluffy stuff', but everything else for sure.

2011-12-11_07-12-53_435.jpg

2011-12-11_07-13-10_307.jpg

2011-12-11_07-13-25_289.jpg

2011-12-11_07-13-32_86.jpg

2011-12-11_07-13-57_891.jpg

2011-12-11_08-10-09_775.jpg

Early morning mist while walking over to Dolphin for Fresh breakfast

2011-12-11_08-10-25_192.jpg

I looked at your photos. We used to always stay in what used to be called a junior suite at the Dolphin. Your room is the other half of what was our full suite. Your room was connected to a room with a King bed. The bed in your room was always a murphy bed with the living room etc. We have not seen this room configuration come up, thanks for sharing. :)

My family will be staying at the Dolphin on Thursday. We were just ugraded to a "junior suite" and was told it was basically an oversized hotel room with a king size bed and a pull out sofa. I was curious to see what the layout of our room would be... is this the junior suite?
However, we were told it is a corner room.

Dan... Thanks for the additional picture. I'm guessing the fluffy stuffy is not part of the "edible" but that whole scene is truly amazing. Wish we could be there at Christmas to see it.

Thanks Dan for the photos! Now I feel like I never left especially since we missed each other by 2 days!!
Enjoy your last day and safe travels home!

p.s. - I guess the snowmen in front of the Swan lighted palm trees are gone!

We have never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin, but usually at BWV or BCV. My younger son is graduating high school, and would love to celebrate at WDW. I booked two rooms at the Swan for 5 nights in June at a nurse's rate on one room, and a special 2nd room discount on the other. It's even a bit less than renting points for BWV or BCV for 2 studios...and it's fully refundable up to 5 days before travel! I admit that I might possibly miss the theming and "magic" of BCV or BWV, but it's the same fantastic location and the price was too good to pass up. I'm looking forward to our first stay at the Swan.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures, Dan.:goodvibes We'll, be staying at the Dolphin in a few weeks. Can't wait! We've always stayed at the Swan, though, so this will be a change.

Thanks, too, RachelTori, for the heads-up about Facebook. I headed over, posted, and receiveid a quick message from them. We'll be there over my husband's birthday. I wonder what they might do for him?

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures, Dan.:goodvibes We'll, be staying at the Dolphin in a few weeks. Can't wait! We've always stayed at the Swan, though, so this will be a change.

Thanks, too, RachelTori, for the heads-up about Facebook. I headed over, posted, and receiveid a quick message from them. We'll be there over my husband's birthday. I wonder what they might do for him?

I agree - great pictures Dan! I took some (not uploaded yet), but I already know they're not nearly as nice as Dan's. :worship:

The evening of our check-in, we had a message that our "holiday gift" was at Concierge. It was a lovely little box of their chocolates :cloud9: and the box was personalized with my name! :goodvibes

It's the little special touches they do that make Dolphin and Swan extra, extra wonderful! :thumbsup2

I am a little behind in my viewing of this thread! Dan - it was great to see you again - although too briefly at Off Kilter!

I loved my early December stay at the Swan this year, as my previous trips to WDW had been far too short.

I will be staying a WDW for a few days solo while toursing with and visiting friends who live north of Orlando. I have been to all the moderates, and am thinking about the Swan or Dolphin based on their location and proximity to Epcot and nice dining for my group. Are there many differences between the two? Which do you prefer and recommend and why? The Swan seems slightly more expensive and I am curious as to why this would be. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and comments. Beachfan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter