• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a very good rate. Is it the AAA rate, because on any given day that's usually the best rate.

You are right!
I was going to mention that it is the AAA rate but somehow I forgot.
I'll keep checking the SPG site and see if something does come up.

Will keep you posted.

I just wanted to post this since a few of us were 'talking' a few pages back about restaurant.com certificates for the S&D restaurants. Per Mousesavers today another 80% code is out! :banana:

Restaurant.com offers discounted restaurant gift certificates (including many of the WDW Swan/Dolphin hotel restaurants and House of Blues in Downtown Disney at both WDW and Disneyland), plus use code SAVE and get an extra 80% off already discounted certificates. Get a $25 certificate for $2! Expires 7/31/11.

that is a great deal! I still dont feel too bad about the one I got for $3 though :) I wasnt sure if the 80% would be back before I leave next week Monday and we have reservations for dinner there that night! Any idea who the characters are? Until we booked at the Swan I had no idea from our past two trips there were character dinners here. Excited to try both the hotel and the dinner but realized when DD asked, I have no idea who. lol

Hi! Long time reader on here but first post! You guys are great, so much knowledge on these boards!!

I just booked the Executive Suite for one night (Oct. 6). got a rate of $314 (is that good?). Bummed it is only for one night but family has a timeshare in the area and we also stay there for free. Turns out we needed one more night in this trip and decided to stay on property. Dolphin has been a dream of mine since visiting there in the late 90's while my dad was at a conference.

So here is my question, the reservation says we have a lake view, do all standard view rooms say that? Since we are only there one night I am not too concerned about the view we will be at Epcot that night enjoying F&WF but I would prefer to not be overlooking the dumpsters...any suggestions on room request?

Thanks guys!

Hi there and congrats on the first post! You are arriving the same day my family is at the Dolphin and we booked an Executive suite as well. I would not worry too much about the view being the dumpster since those usually are stated as Limited View. It's funny how you stated its been a dream of yours to stay at the Dolphin. I remember when S/D were being built! We had a bus driver took us past the area and it was the day that they were hooking one of the fishes up on the crane to set it in place.

Dolphin is very leary when you ask about room locations epecially for Executive Suites. I don't like to be on the ground floor (I had a bad asthma/allergy attack once and had to have my room changed). I too am a bit nervous about the room location because we are taking my grand nieces and 1 has severe asthma and the other has severe allergy issues and then there is me with a combination of both! Hopefully (fingers and toes crossed with a bit of pixie dust) it will work out for the best and I hope you enjoy your stay as well!

I just wanted to post this since a few of us were 'talking' a few pages back about restaurant.com certificates for the S&D restaurants. Per Mousesavers today another 80% code is out! :banana:

Restaurant.com offers discounted restaurant gift certificates (including many of the WDW Swan/Dolphin hotel restaurants and House of Blues in Downtown Disney at both WDW and Disneyland), plus use code SAVE and get an extra 80% off already discounted certificates. Get a $25 certificate for $2! Expires 7/31/11.

Thank you for this. House of Blues Orlando is sold out for this month but the Swalphin ones are still there.

We are here at the Swan - checked in yesterday. Our deluxe alcove suite is very nice but the view is poor - overlooking the roof of the health center and some other roof, too. One plus, we can see Tower of Terror, Earful Tower and Everest out the dining room window.

I asked if they could change our room. We wanted a balcony and this room doesn't have one. They are moving us tomorrow.

We are here at the Swan - checked in yesterday. Our deluxe alcove suite is very nice but the view is poor - overlooking the roof of the health center and some other roof, too. One plus, we can see Tower of Terror, Earful Tower and Everest out the dining room window.

I asked if they could change our room. We wanted a balcony and this room doesn't have one. They are moving us tomorrow.
Sorry about the disappointing view. Hopefully, your next room will make up for it.

Have a great day at the parks!

Just wanted to thank Lexi for the restaurant gift coupons. I posted thanking you on the wrong thread prior to this. We were supposed to be at the Dolphin and a change of plans had us staying at the BC instead. We were unable to use the restuarant discount but passed them on to a young couple who was very happy to get them. It was so ironic because the view from our BC room was of the Dolphin!

Just wanted to thank Lexi for the restaurant gift coupons. I posted thanking you on the wrong thread prior to this. We were supposed to be at the Dolphin and a change of plans had us staying at the BC instead. We were unable to use the restuarant discount but passed them on to a young couple who was very happy to get them. It was so ironic because the view from our BC room was of the Dolphin!
I'm glad you were able to pass along the pixie dust... :wizard:

Has anyone on here utilized Camp Dolphin? I was thinking about treating my husband to a dinner at Shula's and it is stated that if you eat there you can get 2 hours complimentary.

The Dolphin made me an offer I cannot refuse. We are booked at the Boardwalk but with a fantastic military discount that includes 50% off most of the dining establishments, (not Shula's of course) for the duration of our stay, I don't know how I can say no.

A quick refillable mug question if I may! I know you can refill them at Picabu, but is that the only place? It seems an awful long trek from the grotto pool to fill one up if you can't fill it anywhere else. Thanks!

Has anyone on here utilized Camp Dolphin? I was thinking about treating my husband to a dinner at Shula's and it is stated that if you eat there you can get 2 hours complimentary.

The Dolphin made me an offer I cannot refuse. We are booked at the Boardwalk but with a fantastic military discount that includes 50% off most of the dining establishments, (not Shula's of course) for the duration of our stay, I don't know how I can say no.

Yes, my 5yo DD loved it! And I *love* the military deal as well. :)

Yes, my 5yo DD loved it! And I *love* the military deal as well. :)

Thank you! Could you possible tell me what kind of food/snacks they serve? My daughter was asking about that, it's kind of a deal breaker for her. She is kind of a chicken nuggets or bust kind of girl.

<------------- so as you can see, newbie here, so please forgive my ignorance! I read the FAQs at the beginning and made it through about the first 20 pages and the most recent 5, but my head is spinning! :worship:

I have wanted to go to WDW with the family for the longest time (having never there myself...) and just had an opportunity "drop into my lap". I will be attending a conference at the Dolphin over Thanksgiving 2011. I plan to take the kiddos (6 & 7 yo) and DH. Right now, the problem is trying to sort out the many room options.

The conference has offered "Standard Room" rates of $169 per night (which they tell me includes the Resort fee but not the taxes).
My DH is a teacher, and according to the link from the Dolphin there are "Limited view" rooms for $149 per night (plus resort fee and taxes).
We also have the Entertainment book, I joined the free SPG, and would consider AAA membership if it would help cut costs.

How limited is the "limited view"? What is the "standard view" (since I don't see that jargon elsewhere). We plan to be in EPCOT on Friday (and they have EMH that night), so would probably watch the fireworks from there or the boardwalk.

My kids are pretty well behaved (IMHO) and I'd like a quieter sleep area, so is there a benefit to booking through the conference versus SPG versus the teacher rate as far as room placement within the hotel?

Any advice? TIA! :love:

A quick refillable mug question if I may! I know you can refill them at Picabu, but is that the only place? It seems an awful long trek from the grotto pool to fill one up if you can't fill it anywhere else. Thanks!
Every restaurant. All the restaurants are on the mug itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter