• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LexiC123, I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't get Swan to come up on Travelocity at all much less with a discount. I'm usually quite good at this stuff so I'm perplexed. Can you tell me what does the 40% rate say? Is there a time frame on this? Thanks so much until I can figure it out. :upsidedow
Wow...things are really disappearing quickly this week!

The 40% off rate was there this morning, but now it's gone...the only options offered are the 6th night free with the various views (limited, resort, pool or Boardwalk).

As far as accessing the Swan on Travelocity, I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. When I type in "Orlando" and my dates, both the Dolphin and the Swan are usually option on the first page, as a featured "Good Buy" hotel.

No worries. I think the combination of complimentary Camp Dolphin and restaurant.com certificate is an excellent value. Fine dining without our 5 and 3 year old is magical.

OK new question LOL complimentary Camp Dolphin??? do tell. this will be our first trip to the Swan. DD is 11.

thanks

Ok right now on this site, I see several options for eating at the Swan/Dolphin such as:

Mulino New York Trattoria - Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
$25 for $10

Todd English's bluezoo - Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
$25 for $10

Shula's Steak House - Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
$25 for $10

Garden Grove - Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts
$25 for $10

Kimonos - Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
$25 for $10

Ok right now on this site, I see several options for eating at the Swan/Dolphin such as:

$25 for $10

$25 for $10

$25 for $10

$25 for $10

$25 for $10

That is the normal rate. Wait for a promo code to get the $25 for $2!!!

Even when you have the promo code, the rate will show as $25 for $10 - but the price will adjust when you enter the promo code at check-out. Upromise often has a 70%-80% discount code as does couponmom. I'm sure there are other sites too! If there's no promo available now, wait a few days! :thumbsup2

$25 for $10

$25 for $10

$25 for $10

$25 for $10

$25 for $10

That is all of them along with House of Blues in DTD for everything reachable via Disney transportation. There might be some others around the DTD area that might require some walking.

ok used the promo listed above and got Garden Grove for three bucks! :banana:
which I am thrilled about since we had already made reservations for our first night down there. Two dollars would be nice too, but I am a bird in the hand planner

Thanks for the link about the Dolphin kids thing. Have to check that out.

I just CANNOT wait to see the hotel and check out the pools etc. I feel so lucky that our meetings were moved onsite, it totally made this whole thing possible. I guess once, work came in handy :rotfl2:

For those that have done camp dolphin, do they ever take the kids out and about? Or do they stay in the room? Thanks!

They bring the kids to Picabu (just down the hall) for dinner!! And from what I've seen, the kids have a ball! (the counselors I met in June are the sweetest young ladies!) :goodvibes

A question for y'all regulars from a newbie to the Swan.

I read on another website that valet parking is free at the Swan if you have a handicapped placard and require a wheel chair.

My mom has heart problems and does have the placard, but doesn't need a wheelchair yet(thank goodness). We would prefer to valet park the car as she can walk but does need to take it at a much slower pace than what is normal. Do you think that the valet charge could be waived if she doesn't have to use a wheelchair but does have the placard?

I have emailed this question to the transportation people at the Swan but have not heard back from them yet.

Thanks in advance, everyone on this thread has been very helpful! :worship:

Just FYI for those that may not know - they do have 2 computer kiosks specifically for airline check-in, in the lobby (at The Swan it's just around the corner from the lobby). I've never asked the front desk staff do it for me, so I don't know if they routinely do this or not.

Hi TARAPA,
I have a quick question for you if you are still on here!
I went through the pics you posted on pg. 71, and I want to know about the Executive suite.....
Was that a king bed, /2 queen beds,/ AND a king Murphy bed with. Pull out couch?
I just booked an excutive at the swan, and I was sure it was only 2 queens in one room , and a pull out in the parlor. But I could be wrong???
Was this a special kind of excutive suite? It would be awesome with the pull down king in the parlor!

I couldn't resist the rate...

I am officially changing my mind and will be staying at the Dolphin instead of POR. I've never booked through Travelocity, but saving $200 over the AAA rate was worth it. The final rate for 7 nights, Aug 21-Aug 28, including taxes and resort fees is $900. As an added bonus there is a $100 food/beverage credit. I also joined as a Starwoods Preferred Member and may even get an upgrade!

Thanks PP for the promo code.

I'm glad the decision is made.

Hi TARAPA,
I went through the pics you posted on pg. 71, and I want to know about the Executive suite.....
Was that a king bed, /2 queen beds,/ AND a king Murphy bed with. Pull out couch?
I just booked an excutive at the swan, and I was sure it was only 2 queens in one room , and a pull out in the parlor. But I could be wrong???
Was this a special kind of excutive suite? It would be awesome with the pull down king in the parlor!

I'm not Tara, but I can tell you I've seen Executive suites with just the sofa bed in the parlor at (IIRC) both the Swan and the Dolphin. I just returned from a brief stay at the Dolphin, and was upgraded to an executive suite there and that one had both the Murphy bed and sofa bed in the parlor. It had a very small table (2-top size), though, but did have the ethernet cable actually sitting on the desk instead of by the tv. (The regular rooms have ethernet cables at the desks but I kept getting parlors with odd cable placement.)
I think the suites are all arranged differently, and perhaps if you book one intentionally, they can block off one with a specific floor plan. I've only gotten mine as upgrades so I never really know what I'm going to end up with.

I'm not Tara, but I can tell you I've seen Executive suites with just the sofa bed in the parlor at (IIRC) both the Swan and the Dolphin. I just returned from a brief stay at the Dolphin, and was upgraded to an executive suite there and that one had both the Murphy bed and sofa bed in the parlor. It had a very small table (2-top size), though, but did have the ethernet cable actually sitting on the desk instead of by the tv. (The regular rooms have ethernet cables at the desks but I kept getting parlors with odd cable placement.)
I think the suites are all arranged differently, and perhaps if you book one intentionally, they can block off one with a specific floor plan. I've only gotten mine as upgrades so I never really know what I'm going to end up with.
Yes, we Actually booked an executive because we have a party of 6.
So those extra beds would be so much better then just the pull out! But it sounds like it is at the Dolphin, and I booked the swan......
Her pics were a 2 bedroom.....with the parlor ..... So I was just wondering if that was a special upgrade, or is that what is included in an executive.
Thanks for the reply.....I guess I will have to wait to see.....

Yes, we Actually booked an executive because we have a party of 6.
So those extra beds would be so much better then just the pull out! But it sounds like it is at the Dolphin, and I booked the swan......
Her pics were a 2 bedroom.....with the parlor ..... So I was just wondering if that was a special upgrade, or is that what is included in an executive.
Thanks for the reply.....I guess I will have to wait to see.....

Yes, mine was at the Dolphin this time, but I'd suggest calling the Swan and asking if the Murphy/sofa bed parlor configuration is available for the dates of your stay. If it's available, they may be able to block it off for you. I think all of the parlors have lockoffs to a 1 king br on one side, and a 2 queen/double on the other side.

I couldn't resist the rate...

I am officially changing my mind and will be staying at the Dolphin instead of POR. I've never booked through Travelocity, but saving $200 over the AAA rate was worth it. The final rate for 7 nights, Aug 21-Aug 28, including taxes and resort fees is $900. As an added bonus there is a $100 food/beverage credit. I also joined as a Starwoods Preferred Member and may even get an upgrade!

Thanks PP for the promo code.

I'm glad the decision is made.
That's great! You're going to love the resort, and really love the location. After staying in the Epcot area, you're never going to want to stay anywhere else.

Hi TARAPA,

I'm here!

I think I've spoken to every single person on the suites reservation line at Swan & Dolphin over the last year! I just spoke with them again twice for our girls trip in November. I think they must be thoroughly sick of me by now. Sadly, there are no Executive Suites available for our dates in November. The Suite prices seem to be up for Nov as well (vs. March) - we can get a 2BR at OKW for less, and that has the full kitchen & washer/dryer, plus ME. But I do love my Swan & Dolphin!

They tell me the Murphy bed is GUARANTEED in a Dolphin Executive Suite (1BR or 2BR), but NOT at The Swan. This is also what the SwanDolphin.com website shows in their suite configurations. Swan is ony supposed to have the sleeper sofa in the parlor room. We had booked our 2BR Exec Suite at The Swan in March only because there were none available at The Dolphin for our dates. We were surprised (and a little confised) at the king Murphy bed in there, because I had read & had been told over & over they didn't offer those at The Swan, only The Dolphin. We were 5 adults, and no one wanted to share a bed, so the 2BR worked out great - 2 queens in 1BR, a queen & sleeper sofa in 2BR & then the sleeper sofa & king murphy bed in the parlor. We had so much extra room!

So I'm guesing that might have been the only Exec Suite at The Swan with the Murphy Bed. I don't remember the room number(s) - it was a configuration of 3 rooms with 3 separate entrances -and one entrance was from a different hall than the other 2 (which was very confusing at first!). But you could always request the Exec Suite with the Murphy Bed at The Swan if that's all they have available.

You CAN rent roll-aways for the Executive Suites for $25/nt. We had been planning to do that since we were originally 6-7 adults going. There would have been plenty of room for rollaways - you could have put 1 in each BR, and at least 2 in the parlor room.

Now I have a suite question for all of you!

November girls trip - we prefer to not have to share beds, so we're looking for a suite with the most number - For the 1st 2 nights there will just be 3 of us - it's $$ to get a deluxe room with daybed at a WDW Resort or a 1BR villa - and looking at www.swandolphin.com it looks like the Deluxe Alcove and Premium Studios at S/D may have 2 beds plus the sleeper sofa. BUT - the configuration pics also show them with 1 king and 1 sleeper sofa.

For those of you here that booked or were upgraded to either of these type of suites (or any other type - please share) - did you have 1 king plus sleeper sofa or 2 beds plus sleeper sofa? I'd need to be able to guarantee the 2 beds plus sleeper. We'd love the 1BR Exec Suite but there are none available for our dates.

I'm here!

I think I've spoken to every single person on the suites reservation line at Swan & Dolphin over the last year! I just spoke with them again twice for our girls trip in November. I think they must be thoroughly sick of me by now. Sadly, there are no Executive Suites available for our dates in November. The Suite prices seem to be up for Nov as well (vs. March) - we can get a 2BR at OKW for less, and that has the full kitchen & washer/dryer, plus ME. But I do love my Swan & Dolphin!

They tell me the Murphy bed is GUARANTEED in a Dolphin Executive Suite (1BR or 2BR), but NOT at The Swan. This is also what the SwanDolphin.com website shows in their suite configurations. Swan is ony supposed to have the sleeper sofa in the parlor room. We had booked our 2BR Exec Suite at The Swan in March only because there were none available at The Dolphin for our dates. We were surprised (and a little confised) at the king Murphy bed in there, because I had read & had been told over & over they didn't offer those at The Swan, only The Dolphin. We were 5 adults, and no one wanted to share a bed, so the 2BR worked out great - 2 queens in 1BR, a queen & sleeper sofa in 2BR & then the sleeper sofa & king murphy bed in the parlor. We had so much extra room!

So I'm guesing that might have been the only Exec Suite at The Swan with the Murphy Bed. I don't remember the room number(s) - it was a configuration of 3 rooms with 3 separate entrances -and one entrance was from a different hall than the other 2 (which was very confusing at first!). But you could always request the Exec Suite with the Murphy Bed at The Swan if that's all they have available.

You CAN rent roll-aways for the Executive Suites for $25/nt. We had been planning to do that since we were originally 6-7 adults going. There would have been plenty of room for rollaways - you could have put 1 in each BR, and at least 2 in the parlor room.
Thanks so much Tara.....
I appreciate the info. I called and they said I have a one bedroom executive suite booked with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa in the parlor.
So I guess, I will wait until March and see if there are any upgrades , but I doubt it as it will be soooooo busy March 17th/18 th!

Also, I wanted to add that I got a rate of $349 a night for this suite.
Again, March break. How does that rate sound to you?
It's a teachers rate.
I also had a rate of $199 for a regular room, but we would have needed two, so the agent suggested the suite.
I am traveling with my family and brother in law and thinking maybe two rooms would be better...more room and more privacy. But then I saw the pics you posted, and changed my mind ( again !)
I guess if everyone thinks $349 for March is a pretty good deal, then I will keep the suite........
What do you think? 2rooms at Disneys value resort ( all -stars) for this time was $180 a night each room!!!!!!!!!! For a value!!!! Even with a discount or pin, it doesn't compare! So we are definitely staying at the Swan.....
Just need to figure out the rooms we will get.

Hi Everyone!
I have never stayed at the Swan/Dolphin before.
I want to do the Dolphin for my September trip.
I was thinking about getting AP's to use for this years trip, and another next September.
Has anyone used the AP rate recently? Is it worth it over any other discounts (AAA is the only other one I qualify for, and I just joined the starwood program) or anything like Travelocity?

Also, we usually rent a car when staying on Disney property- but with the parking fee I am considering not. Do you use a limo service? I swore off Mears many years ago.

Thanks everyone!! I am so excited to be able to walk to Epcot.
Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter