The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the times I've been there, the Yacht and Beach Club have had their own bus. The bus stops are usually Boardwalk, Swan, then Dolphin.

**By the way - I'll be at the Swan one week from today! :woohoo:

We stayed at BWI 2 years ago and the busses always stopped at Swan first, then Dolphin, then Boardwalk. We started just getting off at the Swan and walking over to BWI instead of having to ride through the other stops.

We stayed at BWI 2 years ago and the busses always stopped at Swan first, then Dolphin, then Boardwalk. We started just getting off at the Swan and walking over to BWI instead of having to ride through the other stops.

When I was there last month, I'm pretty sure the bus had already been to the Boardwalk before it stopped at the Swan. During the slower times of day, the bus may also stop at the Yacht and Beach Club. However, the Y&C have had their own bus in the morning.

Does anyone know if the swan or dolphin gift shop sells disney gift cards? and if so, I'm assuming it can be charged to the room?

I'm planning on booking a trip with SPG points, and charging hotel meals/incidendals to the room so I can use my new Venture card reward points to pay for them; if I can get a disney gift card charged to the room, I can use that for disney meals etc, which would allow me to to a complete rewards trip.

Worst case it will still be a mostly rewards trip - park tickets already taken care of.

TIA!

I am now 99.99999% packed for my trip! The only thing left to pack is my cell phone charger. All my meds are now packed and ready to go. YAY!

Thanks Music City Mama and Tara, didn't think they would, but just curious. That would not have been a surprise I would have likes. :rotfl:

I am now 99.99999% packed for my trip! The only thing left to pack is my cell phone charger. All my meds are now packed and ready to go. YAY!

Congrats on almost being packed, looks like your in good shape for your trip. I also like to be packed a few days before I leave for a trip, but when I Do I always get nervous that I forgot something right before I leave. My brother was making fun of me last month because I got a new carryon bag/backpack and did a quick test run. All I did was throw in a few items I know I'd be needing to see how they fit and what the bag weight. Now he makes fun of me probably being packed 2 or 3 months before we leave, anytime we talk about our trip.

Question about meds. Are their any problems bringing them in you carryon. I was thinking about using one of those 7 day pill cases for my trip. Is that OK or do they have to be in the original containers? All I will probably have is, some vitamins allergy pills and aspirin. I would put anything else in my check-in bag.

Question about meds. Are their any problems bringing them in you carryon. I was thinking about using one of those 7 day pill cases for my trip. Is that OK or do they have to be in the original containers? All I will probably have is, some vitamins allergy pills and aspirin. I would put anything else in my check-in bag.

The only meds that need to be in their original container are the liquids. TSA doesn't care about the pills. (We always use those 7-day pill cases too.) :)

Thanks Music City Mama and Tara, didn't think they would, but just curious. That would not have been a surprise I would have likes. :rotfl:

Congrats on almost being packed, looks like your in good shape for your trip. I also like to be packed a few days before I leave for a trip, but when I Do I always get nervous that I forgot something right before I leave. My brother was making fun of me last month because I got a new carryon bag/backpack and did a quick test run. All I did was throw in a few items I know I'd be needing to see how they fit and what the bag weight. Now he makes fun of me probably being packed 2 or 3 months before we leave, anytime we talk about our trip.

Thanks. My clothes have been packed for a week, just had to get refills on meds. I've never had trouble putting my pills in the 7 day cases. I actually bought another just to take along this time so I can keep using mine this week here at home.

BUT I do not take my strong muscle relaxers or Vicodin out of the bottles. I take those bottles along just in case there are any questions. I don't want someone to think I have pills that I don't have an RX for.

When I was there last month, I'm pretty sure the bus had already been to the Boardwalk before it stopped at the Swan. During the slower times of day, the bus may also stop at the Yacht and Beach Club. However, the Y&C have had their own bus in the morning.

The route varied daily for us-sometimes just us-other times-in afternoon all the circle (Swan-Yaght-Boardwalk).
One time the driver "made the circle " and skipped us (the Swan)-he had to make an illegal u-turn to go back to the Swan!:rotfl2:

Mike - the Dolphin's "quick service" takeout or eat in their dining room is Picabu. They also have a small must have section for any last minute things you may need (more expensive, I think).

Try Fresh for either a most incredible breakfast/lunch buffet experience. If your nieces like pancakes, ask Louis, the breakfast chef, to make his famous mickey pancakes, or choc chip pancakes! If you sit in their restaurant, and get Debra as your server, she is a veritable storehouse of knowledge abut Disney and is one of many excellent waitstaff servers.

Last but not least, the Fountain..... incredible burgers, etc... and the best sundaes going!!
You do have a number of choices. Enjoy. Can't wait to get back myself..:thumbsup2

Boardwalk Bakery is a nice choice also...sweet rolls, coffee, juice, milk.

Lobby bar coffee is not free, unless you had a refillable mug. I think it is free then.

Garden Grove has nice buffet breakfast also.

Remember the AAA discount on all these and those mentioned by Caroline above.

Buses run great, never a problem.

From Deb's site.........

http://allears.net/din/cb.htm#hotels

We always stay at the Dolphin - but I like the coffee bar selection at the Swan better than the Dolphin (it's more like a starbucks) so I sometimes stroll over there in the morning.. (I have two slowpokes - I'm always first up on vacation!) :hippie:

FRESH has a great breakfast - I totally agree that Louis and Debra are both outstanding! But, we plan that for our "leisurely" day - it seems to take too much time to hit the parks after a Fresh breakfast. lol

Love the Boardwalk Bakery, too! :thumbsup2

Thanks. My clothes have been packed for a week, just had to get refills on meds. I've never had trouble putting my pills in the 7 day cases. I actually bought another just to take along this time so I can keep using mine this week here at home.

BUT I do not take my strong muscle relaxers or Vicodin out of the bottles. I take those bottles along just in case there are any questions. I don't want someone to think I have pills that I don't have an RX for.

I tend to keep my pills in the original bottles, also. I guess I could just carry a card with me with the names of the Rx. I'm just afraid someone might take the "pill a day" case away from me at security and I would be in trouble, not having my synthroid with me! :scared1:

I know that many "conference" resorts charge fees to have packages shipped to the hotel. Does the Swan and Dolphin charge if you have UPS deliver packages for your trip ahead of time?

Hi Swolphin experts! Recently booked my first stay at the Swan/Dolphin. We're at the Dolphin May 26-29...just me and DH for our anniversary!

I know we have a King Balcony room, but the agent never mentioned what view category it is. Should I bother to call back and ask, or just gamble and maybe inquire at check-in about a nice view (Epcot/BC) and/or being higher up? Or do most of the balcony rooms have good views?

TIA!

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort - Memorial Day promotion - Stay two nights between 5/26 and 5/30 and receive one complimentary night. Rates starting at $169 and up. One night deposit is required, five day cancellation, $11.25 mandatory resort service package per room per night; Must be booked by April 30, 2011- Call 800-227-1500 and ask for code EARMEM

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort - Memorial Day promotion - Stay two nights between 5/26 and 5/30 and receive one complimentary night. Rates starting at $169 and up. One night deposit is required, five day cancellation, $11.25 mandatory resort service package per room per night; Must be booked by April 30, 2011- Call 800-227-1500 and ask for code EARMEM

I booked using this promotion! Psyched!!

Most balconies have good views but only some have Epcot view. Most of the look at the Swan and Boardwalk area. Epcot views are in the East wing up high. Being a Starwood member will help with getting you an upgraded view if one is availalbe.

Just switched to this rate for our 4 night Dolphin stay. I had a good rate to start with, so only saved $89, but I'm not complaining! Thanks for the tip.

Well, you are inspiring me to get myself into gear over here! :cool1: I leave in four days and I have little piles forming around the house of things I will be packing...just have to gather them up and start putting them into the suitcases! Got all my shopping done over the weekend of odds and ends, made a grocery list for our grocery stop along the way, and am finalizing all of our dining reservations and printing out that list along with some of the great tips y'all have given me over this past year! :worship: Thanks to everyone on this thread for making me feel so welcome and for being so helpful in answering all of my questions. I am looking forward to being able to help out some newbies in the future :) And Singingmom...I tried my first chocolate martini ever a few nights ago and began to dream about sipping one at the Dolphin soon! :woohoo: I am looking forward to walking to Epcot nightly and trying all of the drinks y'all have recommended around the world! Good thing I still have a million things to do, otherwise these next four days would really drag on!

As for the fridge in the room....is it big enough to hold a half gallon of milk, and is there a small freezer compartment to freeze a small icepack? I keep forgetting to ask! How many yogurts could the fridge hold? The only thing I'd put in the fridge is DD's milk, a few sodas a day, a block of cheese and some yogurt for breakfast...just wondering how much I should buy?

The fridge can hold a half gallon of milk, it did not have a freezer section, so our little freezer packs weren't operational after the first day. We ended up putting some ice in a baggie, and stuck it in the cooler and that worked all right.

The mini fridge is a decent size. It held sodas, water, half pound of sandwich meat; cheese; grapes, the milk, a smaller bottle of OJ; some juice packs.

It worked fine for us!
K.

For those of you getting ready to go, HAVE FUN!!

Question re: Bluezoo attire.

This is what I found:

•Dress Code Guidelines:
Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.

Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.

That doesn't sound too restrictive at all, but wanted to get an idea of how most people actually dress . . . Are most men wearing khakis or jeans? Are most women wearing capris or dresses? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter