The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got our YES tickets yesterday (Sun). Several of the classes are closed for the week we are going in Oct. My dd loves how things move so I signed her and her physics major father for the Physics class at the MK. We got the 8 day premium tickets and it was $640 (half of what we would have paid). However they are non refundable. Even with the town car or Mears shuttle, we will still save money. Although I will miss the "movie" on the ME :).

Can anyone purchase YES tickets? I thought I read on the website that groups of 10 or more were required. Sounds like a wonderful experience! I would love to sign my kids up.

Can anyone purchase YES tickets? I thought I read on the website that groups of 10 or more were required. Sounds like a wonderful experience! I would love to sign my kids up.

They now have individual enrollment. The classes are 3 hours and the fee is $28. A parent has to attend as well. Go here for more info: http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/. On the budget board there's a thread about it as well. I'm so excited for my dd - she will love it (as will her dad).

Thanks for the responses. Another question: has anybody used the Spa at Swan/Dolphin? We were thinking of a couples day there, for something different.

I just ordered cookies and milk to be in our room at the Dolphin.

We start our holiday weekend right after spending the day at All Childrens Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL. and wanted a little something to make my son smile and get the fun started. Any idea how many cookies I'm getting for the $20 ++ I'm paying? I didn't see other kid/teen options on the in-room selections.

I just ordered cookies and milk to be in our room at the Dolphin.

We start our holiday weekend right after spending the day at All Childrens Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL. and wanted a little something to make my son smile and get the fun started. Any idea how many cookies I'm getting for the $20 ++ I'm paying? I didn't see other kid/teen options on the in-room selections.

Have you seen the menu? I'm not sure which milk & cookies option you ordered since neither are $20+, but this gives some details about what's included.

http://www.swandolphin.com/pantry/pantry_menu.pdf

Thanks for the responses. Another question: has anybody used the Spa at Swan/Dolphin? We were thinking of a couples day there, for something different.

DH & I went in 2010, and really enjoyed it. For on property, it's a good spa. (Though I just got an awesome one off property too!)

I ordered from the concierge on the S&D site. It was $20 for cookies with chocolate milk and regular milk.

I just found out that Garden Grocer no longer delivers to the Swan and Dolphin. Does anyone know of any other grocery delivery services to the Dolphin, or does the resort no longer allow any?

I just found out that Garden Grocer no longer delivers to the Swan and Dolphin. Does anyone know of any other grocery delivery services to the Dolphin, or does the resort no longer allow any?

You have to pay for anything that is delivered to you at the Swan or Dolphin. My husband mailed my birthday card to me at the Swan in April - and I had to pay $3 (the minimum price) to have it delivered.

You have to pay for anything that is delivered to you at the Swan or Dolphin. My husband mailed my birthday card to me at the Swan in April - and I had to pay $3 (the minimum price) to have it delivered.

I've always had to pay for delivery with Garden Grocer anyway. I'm just not sure if there are local companies that deliver groceries there or if the resort even allows it.

I've always had to pay for delivery with Garden Grocer anyway. I'm just not sure if there are local companies that deliver groceries there or if the resort even allows it.

I meant - you have to pay to receive any kind of delivery at the Swan/Dolphin - in addition to a delivery charge by the company doing the delivering.

I think you misunderstood what NancyIL meant. The Swan and Dolphin charge you for anything that is delivered to you. Meaning $$ on top of Garden Grocers delivery charge. I believe it's because of this extra $$ the resort is getting that GG stopped servicing these resorts.

Returned last night from a 6 night Dolphin stay. Previously we've stayed at the Swan. As others say, Swan is smaller and a little closer to Boardwalk.

We had a great stay at a wonderful AARP rate. The room must have been an upgrade b/c we could see the Boardwalk, HS, and Epcot from our huge window.

Gluten. My adult daughter and I both have Celiac so we scoped out some places. Picabu not helpful at all. I think you'd be safe with a boxed salad there, but the employees didn't appear to know or care much about a gluten free menu. They referred us to "Fresh" but hours there are limited.

The "Fountain" sit down but quick service restaurant was much more helpful. I had a wonderful burger there on a gluten-free bun. Other options are available.

Did a Friday night buffet at Garden Grove in the Swan and the waiter was quite helpful with gluten-free choices.

Just across the bridge on the Boardwalk you'll find Kouzinna (I'm sure I've spelled that incorrectly) which is an amazing place for gluten-free dining!!! And there's a grill/hamburger kind of place that is good too.

Mostly we ate in the parks. We had gluten-free chicken tenders in HS (Backlot Express I think) and at MK (Liberty Tavern?). Also, the small frig in the room allowed us a ready supply of gluten free snacks - yogurt, cheese, etc.

We ate well, stayed healthy, and had a great time.

PS - I should add that twice I walked over to the Beach Club store to look for gluten-free baked goods provided by Babycakes. On the first trip I found wonderul tiny chocolate cupcakes in the cooler. Yum! On the second trip - nothing! I think they sell out. A clerk told me they sometimes have brownies and other gluten-free snacks as well.

At the Epcot Seasons counter service restaurant we found a whole section of packaged gluten-free cookies and brownies :-)

You may already know - but I'll repeat this - restaurants at Disney are wonderfully helpful when you let it be known you need to eat gluten-free.

Maybe this has already been posted or is old news but I just wanted to let those of you that are going to the Dolphin know that I got an email from Travel Zoo for rates at the Dolphin during select dates in Aug. and Sept of $129 a night.

You can go to travel zoo's website or google it to find the rate I thought it sounded like a pretty good rate and I wish I could go at that time and use it!

Dixie,
How did you like Garden Grove??? Did anyone in your party eat the regular food on the buffet? How did they like the food? Thanks

Garden Grove was good for character interaction. I personally don't think the food is a reason to go - but I feel like that about every character meal I've ever attended (and that's a lot!)

The waiter was wonderful. The prices quite high. Food was OK. There were 13 of us and 11 had no gluten issues. We were there on seafood night. Good and plentiful crablegs. Lobster half - very wet and stuffed with breading except for those of us gluten-free. Probably the worst lobster I've ever eaten! Peel n Eat shrimp. But, again, we didn't go for the food. It was not crowded and we spent lots of time with Chip n Dale, Goofy, and Pluto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter