• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on the teachers discount:

I am in the pre-planning stages of a trip with both sets of grandparents (probably one set at a time):eek::scared:. Both my mom and my MIL are/were teachers, with conditions:

My mom substitutes - but not through a single school district. It is a co-op (??) of a bunch of different districts thoughout the southwestern part of the state. So, her paycheck isn't listed as a school, but does say education on it.

My MIL is a retired teacher.

Will either of these work, or not?

Emily

A current pay check stub with the school name on it and guest name too, will suffice. An ID from the school with the person's name and picture also works for a discount.

MIL - if she has a copy of her teaching certificate/license that should also be good.

You could ask about the MIL retiree teaching certificate...but the pay check stub from a school is all you need.

The reservation must be in the teachers name and I think up to 3 rooms can be reserved with the discount - again check with reservations about how many rooms under 1 name can be reserved with the teacher discount.

Best of luck.

Have fun! We stayed at the dolphin last year and this year we booked the Swan for the first time in September. Have a magical trip!!!

I was just thinking....are there microwaves in the rooms? I guess I assumed since we had a 2 bedroom grand suite that there were, but I can't find it listed anywhere :confused3 Thanks!

I was just thinking....are there microwaves in the rooms? I guess I assumed since we had a 2 bedroom grand suite that there were, but I can't find it listed anywhere :confused3 Thanks!

No, there are no microwaves in the rooms or suites. I know at some resorts you can request them, but I think I saw it posted on here once that they will not provide them for insurance reasons.

There aren't any microwaves. The suites at the Swan and Dolphin don't have kitchen facilities. They're hospitality suites with a parlor that contains a wet bar, dining table, living area. It's suitable for entertaining, but not in a home-away-from-home way.

No, there are no microwaves in the rooms or suites. I know at some resorts you can request them, but I think I saw it posted on here once that they will not provide them for insurance reasons.

There aren't any microwaves. The suites at the Swan and Dolphin don't have kitchen facilities. They're hospitality suites with a parlor that contains a wet bar, dining table, living area. It's suitable for entertaining, but not in a home-away-from-home way.

Thank you both, so much! I had been planning on taking some of those new Quaker Oatmeal cups to eat in the morning, but I guess I'll stick to Protein bars :) Oh, wait, actually, I could probably make some hot water in the coffee maker to pour into the oatmeal , huh? :) Sorry, thinking "out loud." :goodvibes

Hi everyone,
I have a question. Do all the s/d restaurants still take AAA and do you still get 20% off? Also, if the AAA card is in my husbands name, does he have to be there when we are at the register? My mom will be with us. What if my mom and I, take my kids to eat and the AAA card is in my husbands name? Thanks for the help.

We would be staying from 9/14 thru 9/22, we need 2 rooms (my mom is coming with us). We got a government rate of $139 for our room and $119 for my mom's room. This is a pretty good rate, right? I am just concerned about the price of food. Looking for ways to save on our meals. Thanks for any help.

You might want to check the AAA rate for the hotel too. We are staying (Dolphin) about that same time and got a "little better" rate than yours (enough to pay the parking fee).

We would be staying from 9/14 thru 9/22, we need 2 rooms (my mom is coming with us). We got a government rate of $139 for our room and $119 for my mom's room. This is a pretty good rate, right? I am just concerned about the price of food. Looking for ways to save on our meals. Thanks for any help.
You might want to check the AAA rate for the hotel too. We are staying (Dolphin) about that same time and got a "little better" rate than yours (enough to pay the parking fee).
The $139 is a very good rate. The AAA rate, as Alabama Minnie stated, is slightly better, $135. If you book the AAA123 rate (linked through the S/D offers page), you also receive a $50 resort credit, which can be used on meals, beverages, recreation, etc.

Not all the S/D restaurants honor the AAA discount. I believe the signature restaurants - Blue Zoo, Shulas, Kimonos, Il Mulino - do not. I'm not sure about Garden Grove...perhaps someone with a better memory than I can answer that.

You guys are the BEST! I just called and changed our room ($139) to the AAA rate which was $127.20, plus we will get a $50 credit. They let me keep my mothers room for $119, which comes out a little cheaper. Thanks so much for the help. Also, she said all the restaurants give 10% off in the S/D, except for the signature restaurants.

I just read thru the thread and most people are saying you get 20% off of the non-signature restaurants. The reservation clerk told me it's 10%, when I just called. Has anyone been there recently? Anyone use AAA in the restaurants? Thanks

I just read thru the thread and most people are saying you get 20% off of the non-signature restaurants. The reservation clerk told me it's 10%, when I just called. Has anyone been there recently? Anyone use AAA in the restaurants? Thanks

In April/May we got 20% (after I remembered to use it:rolleyes:).

Emily

What is the kids SPG dining pass? I saw something on the dolphin website about a program for dining for kids under 12 for $25. It says something about kids having access to kids menus? Does anyone know what this is? Thanks

I received 20% off with AAA back in Dec.

What is the kids SPG dining pass? I saw something on the dolphin website about a program for dining for kids under 12 for $25. It says something about kids having access to kids menus? Does anyone know what this is? Thanks
http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/kidspass/index.html

http://www.spgpromos.com/kidspass/faq.cfm?language=en_us&EM=VTY_SPG_KIDSPASS_PROMOTION_ENG

When you buy things at the parks, can you have them shipped to the hotel like the other Disney hotels? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter