The New Spaceship Earth

CLC

Mouseketeer
We were able to experience spaceship earth last week. Wish the old one was back. To me, the narration lacked emotion, warmth, and resonance. Some of the new costumes were nice. But why is the old paperboy so far back and facing away?

The whole end of the ride is based on the computer screen. After seeing the back of Steve Jobs' head and hearing "What if everyone had a personal computer...?" not much happened. Wow. We thought with that lead in great creativity was ahead.
Not to be. All the old scenes about communications are gone but only the computer screens take their place.

Opportunity lost to update the old communication scenes with new technology. Instead, the computer asks some questions and shows your 'future'-not something that was interesting the first time, much less seeing it again. We can see much more interesting and innovative content on computer screens at home.

Spaceship Earth there could have created that 'wow' factor demonstrating the technology of today and tomorrow. Instead to us it was 'wow' how disappointing. And there was nobody taking surveys at the end.

We are at Disney every couple of months and always rode Spaceship Earth. The new one is just not the same to us, and won't be on our ongoing 'to do' list.

wow that sounds dissapointing...I hope to see it for myself next month...as it wasn't open last month when we went. :( thanks for the update

wow - this is the 3rd review of the new SE that said it was disappointing in one way or another

maybe they're not done yet inside, and this is just a "soft" opening?

(one can only hope.....)

I would be nice if Disney knew about our opinions.....maybe, just maybe, it would have an impact....just a thought...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter