The "NEW" Saratoga incentive!

ColoradoBelle1

My beast never turned into a Prince. Remember, it
I just received my FIRST incentive offering in the mail.
I had that OLD offering down pat, but I didn't close on my 170 BWV contract til April, so I couldnt 'add on' until I became a member.

I did the math and figured that the 'best' old incentive was":
$90 a point for 120 point add on.
2004 and 2005 points no maintenance and 100 bonus.
To make it simple, figure on renting all the points @$10 a point
which brings the cost down from $90 to $70 and then the 100 points brings the total 70 x 120 = $8400 down by another $1000 rent to $7400.
Which is like $62 a point.
Yes, I wish I could have done that!!!!! In a skinny minute as my southern best friend would say.

So the new incentive is:
$95 less $8 = $87

You get 2005 points plus 100 plus no maintenance
Rent the points @ $10 = 1200 + 1000= 2200 from $10440 or 8240 =$69 a point

So the new deal, figured this way (renting all the point out) is $740 more than the old incentive. POOP.
Sure hope I at least get a backpack! :love:

You know, it's a darned good thing you didn't post that math BEFORE they raised the price. I never considered renting out the "bonus" points in order to help pay for the contract.

Would've added on in a heartbeat. No, we don't need to, but the bug keeps trying to bite!

Thank goodness we bought enough points to see us through this terrible, addictive disease called addonitis.We wanted to get enough points that we could vacation for 10 days a year at WDW, 10 days a year at HHI, and 10 days a year at Vera Beach. Granted they are all off season but thats fine for us. :flower:

The worst thing about "addonitis" is that there is no cure for it.

The only thing you can do is keeping adding on, and on, and on.....

There really is no difference between your "new" and "old" incentives...it all depends on when your Use Year starts.

Those who are still in their '04 Use Year (June or later) would get the 2004 points at the $90 price point. Those who are already in their '05 Use Year (Feb to May) would just get '05 forward at the $87 price point.

Just depends on where you happen to fall in the scale...

True, but 'it just so happens' that if you've already passed your use year, that you are paying $840 more than if your use year was later. :hourglass :teacher:

ColoradoBelle1 said:
True, but 'it just so happens' that if you've already passed your use year, that you are paying $840 more than if your use year was later. :hourglass :teacher:

I didn't question your math (although I thought it was only $740, not $840)--just pointing out to everyone that there really isn't a "new" incentive and and "old" incentive--many members are still eligible for the $90 + 2004 point variation. But what you describe will always be an intangible asset of later Use Years. If you decide to add-on mid-year in another decade, early Use Years will get points for 2015 forward and later UYs will get 2014 forward. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. :confused3

If it means that much to you, ask if they'll give you a new master contract with a later Use Year and all the incentives if you add-on more than 150. :idea:

What I can't understand is...why buy into the program only to rent out your points?? I am totally confused by this post. We just closed on our deal about 4 months ago and renting points never even crossed my mind...I'm going to Disney! lol...

Esmerelda :banana:

I don't think we got an incentive mailer, nor if we would add on again. However, Im currious. Are they giving you 100 more points for the length of contract, or is that just a one year, or one time rather, incentive?

profdsny said:
I don't think we got an incentive mailer, nor if we would add on again. However, Im currious. Are they giving you 100 more points for the length of contract, or is that just a one year, or one time rather, incentive?

One time.

Esmerelda said:
What I can't understand is...why buy into the program only to rent out your points?? I am totally confused by this post. We just closed on our deal about 4 months ago and renting points never even crossed my mind...I'm going to Disney! lol...

Esmerelda :banana:

We bought 10 years ago and 32 vacations ago. We have 8 add-ons to our original contract, so we have more points than we can use. So, last year I started to rent my points to help us pay for our trips. It was very beneficial that I did it again this year.

I do not believe most buy their points to rent, but believe it is a tremendous perk, if you decide to do so.

I happend to have Dec. UY and when I called my guide last week to inquire about the SSR incentive for current members, he told me about the $5/credit (instead of $8) and taking '04 allocation so I did.

However, when I got the contract today I notice the selling prices was set at $95 instead of $90 that I was expecting and down payment was more that what he quoted me :sad2:
I'm going to have to call him in the morning :rolleyes: and I did not get the backpack :smooth:

Has anyone gotten a backpack for an add-on less than 150 points? I purchased resale on my original contract so I was hoping to at least get a DVC backpack with this add-on :earboy2:

One reason to rent the points out would be if you couldn't use them this year. So say you bought 120 points. You'd get at least 220 points with no maintenance yes? So you could reduce your purchase price by $2200 minus taxes if you rent the points you can't use. It isn't likely you could pick a safe investment vehicle to make $2200 on $10,800 (or whatever the number is) so reducing the purchase price for the first year you COULD use it would be a viable alternative...sort of like a discount resale.

so you're saying if I were to purchase SSR at 150 points + the 100 extra that's 250 points. I could rent out the points THIS year and get $2500 back from my purchase price???

So this 'no maintenance fees' i'm guessing this is only for the first initial purchase year???

I also thought they were offering a free vacation if you buy through disney right now?

it is? then I don't consider that a free vacation... i thought it maybe something like 1 free week + park tickets or something. I mean disney still gets their money from us buying things in the park

Has anyone gotten a backpack for an add-on less than 150 points? I purchased resale on my original contract so I was hoping to at least get a DVC backpack with this add-on :earboy2:[/QUOTE]

Nope. I added on 50 points, got the picture, but no backpack. I didn't even get the dvd everyone seems to have gotten.

maybe something like 1 free week

Well, from DVC's point of view, the 100 points is a "free" offer for accommodations. But to the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been any free admissions offered with any deal for years now.

dcibrando said:
so you're saying if I were to purchase SSR at 150 points + the 100 extra that's 250 points. I could rent out the points THIS year and get $2500 back from my purchase price???

Just to clarify, there are several different promotions going on. One is for CURRENT members only, and it sounds like you aren't a current member. Under the promotion for current members, we can add-on 120 or more points and get a one-time gift of 100 additional points. You aren't eligible for that promotion.

For NEW owners, there are two options available:

1. Take a discount of $8 off per point, bringing the price down from $95 each to $87 each.

2. The "Free vacation" offer, under which the price stays at $95 per point, but you get a one-time grant of 100 additional points.

IMO, the better offer of the two is the $8 discount. That will save you $1200 on a 150-pt contract. If you go with #2 and try to rent the points I doubt you'll be able to get more than $1200 ($12 per point.)

So this 'no maintenance fees' i'm guessing this is only for the first initial purchase year???

Correct. Normal payments begin in 2006.

I also thought they were offering a free vacation if you buy through disney right now?

See above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter