• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The new rate RUMORS have me EXCITED

shopn24seven

DIS Veteran
And I know they are rumors, but I can't wait to see what is on the table.
To recap, FD and % off rooms wih GC????:banana::banana::banana:

I think I read, SOMEWHERE, room discounts till MARCH, which fits into my plans for our Jan Feb trip. :yay:

Wouldn't that be great if it all came true!!! I e-mailed my TA and told her about this. Of course, she told me that it is "all speculation." Hey, we can still keep hoping that it's true. I hope that Pixie Dust is spread our way.pixiedust:

We've never had free dining or a gift card in almost 30 trips -don't know if we'd be covered as we're leaving on the day before Thanksgiving but hey even if part of the trip is covered.

You should of seen me after I read the blog about it last night, I was so ecstatic. We are going to be starting to plan out our 2011 trip and this will help us so much (taking friends of ours who have never been before and probably will not be going back due to financial reasons). Last I had heard Disney wasn't going to be doing any discounts for 2011, glad to see that they changed their mind.

I am very excited too. Although I don't plan to visit until July, this will totally suspend my plans for spending a week at Universal Studios. I am also under the impression that Disney would not have discounts in 2011. I hope I'm wrong.

I am hoping they will release AP discounts through March also. We are planning on going Jan28 - Feb 6 and I am hoping for a good room-only discount.

I haven't been on the boards in awhile, so I'm a little behind...but why would there be no discounts for 2011? No free dining either? We' hoping to plan a trip for Oct. 2011 and would love a good deal of course!:)

I can't imagine Disney not doing discounts in 2011. While I do remember there were never as many freebies as in previous years when my family used to go all together when we were kids. I still don't think Disney has gotten the crowd levels/ revenue it used to, to just cut discounts all together. Let's face it, we are now in an economy where everyone is vacationing on a budget. Whether it's for the room rates, food, gift purchases, etc. There is a difference for those of us who are looking for a good deal and those who just want it all for free. Where they can't obviously do it for next to nothing they can offer up a great variety of ways to make it still affordable to travel.

Im ready to see what they are offering and for what dates. Me and hubby need a anniversary away together lol

Me too!!!!! I am hoping for FREE DINING in January!!!! That would save me a bunch!!!!!!! Last year I stayed up until midnight waiting to check the website for the discounts and they didn't post until the morning! How will I sleep tonight???:rotfl:

I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait until Monday morning!:banana::yay::cheer2::tigger:

Here's hoping for a good discount to make a January trip a reality.pixiedust:

So far this year, I haven't really saved too much, being a Fl. Resident. :confused3 The 2 trips I have planned in Oct. and Dec...I have NO discounts for the time period I am going!:headache: So, I have to pay FULL Price! Hoping for a Discount for those time periods.:surfweb:

Would you guys please tell us where you read about this? It sounds so exciting! I'd like to read up on it and be ready in case it's true...
Thanks!

Would you guys please tell us where you read about this? It sounds so exciting! I'd like to read up on it and be ready in case it's true...
Thanks!
Look at the top of the page around the popblog and it should say Rumors for disney

I booked last week with AAA for next August. I asked about applying free dining if it came up and was told that would be fine (the agent asked the cast member on the phone too). Do I need to call AAA or do I have to wait to hear from them if it comes up? Any chance that August could be announced tomorrow or is that too far in the future? I usually get an e-mail about discounts. Should I expect that? Sorry for all the questions!;)

Does this mean that the BOOKING window for next FALL free dining may open tomorrow????? Or just that the dates are going to be released?

This is probably a silly question: Will the discounts extra, if they do indeed hapen tomorrow, go into effect at 6am or after they make their media announcement?

ooooohhhhh, the reservations system is 'down for maintenance' for packages... room only can be booked. wonder what they're updating!!!!!
I'm soooooo glad I held out on officialy booking.. I have a 7-day hold on my package because I was still on the fence about my dates - the "rumor" could definately make my final decision - can't wait to til tomorrow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter