• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question b/c BCV23 had told me this had been the smoking bldg. for years. There was NO odor - not in the room and not in the hallways. ZERO. And I'm sensitive to this. Two of our Raratonga stays had had previous guests who'd smoked in the room. Nightmare!

Thanks for the response. I stayed in that building as a kid-- I think it was Bora Bora then? Anyway, I love the location, and am glad to hear the smoke has cleared.

Great! I hope it works this way for us, too!:) No-one is going to want to wake up early (or stay up extra-late) just to do a couple loads of laundry.:rotfl:

Well if you see a slightly cranky woman wearing crocs and perhaps a Tinker Bell shirt on in the laundry room late at night that will be me! I've always found it easier to do laundry at 11 or 12 o'clock - it's less crowded. :)

:rotfl2: I actually can spend my whole vacation at the Poly with no Parks

EDIT: Does May have hot weather because im thinking of Doing 9 Night Poly CL in May 2010 instead of 6 Nights RPC August 2010

Well if you see a slightly cranky woman wearing crocs and perhaps a Tinker Bell shirt on in the laundry room late at night that will be me! I've always found it easier to do laundry at 11 or 12 o'clock - it's less crowded. :)

:rotfl:I'll keep my eyes open for you if I'm there that late. I'm hoping to convince my DH to do the laundry on this trip!:rolleyes1 Then it will really be a great vacation for me!

:rotfl:I'll keep my eyes open for you if I'm there that late. I'm hoping to convince my DH to do the laundry on this trip!:rolleyes1 Then it will really be a great vacation for me!

:thumbsup2 I hope it works out for you! :goodvibes

I'm so confused about the transporation to and from MK and Epcot from Poly..Is there a resort monorail in addition to the monorail at the Transportaion Center? For the busses to DHS and AKL, do I catch them at the resort or at the Transportation Center?

Sorry about this basic question, but I read a post that kinda confused me:confused3..

Is there a resort monorail in addition to the monorail at the Transportaion Center?

Yes...
Magic Kingdom: Take the resort monorail or the boat launch.
Epcot: You can take the resort monorail and transfer at the Ticket & Transportation Center to get on a separate monorail that travels to Epcot. Or, there is a walkway to the Ticket & Transportation Center that is just a short walk from the Tahiti and the Rapa Nui longhouses.

For the busses to DHS and AKL, do I catch them at the resort or at the Transportation Center?

For DHS and assuming you meant Disney's Animal Kingdom Park, you can catch busses at either the TTC or the resort bus stop.

More info @ http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/polytransportation.htm
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp

I'm so confused about the transporation to and from MK and Epcot from Poly..Is there a resort monorail in addition to the monorail at the Transportaion Center? For the busses to DHS and AKL, do I catch them at the resort or at the Transportation Center?

Sorry about this basic question, but I read a post that kinda confused me:confused3..

To get to Epcot you would want to walk to the TTC. Taking the monorail would mean going the entire loop, GF - MK - CR - TTC. And then transfering to the Epcot monorail. Walking would be much faster.

For a general answer about the monorail, there are 3 loops, all go through the TTC. One loop simply goes from there to Epcot and back. Then there is a loop that only stops at the TTC and the MK. Although it goes through the monorail resorts, it does not stop there. Then there is a loop that goes in the opposite direction of the MK express loop, that does stop at all the resorts and the TTC and the MK. This one goes from TTC to Poly to GF to MK to CR and back to TTC.

Thanks Sea Turtles and Brentalex!!

Yes...
Magic Kingdom: Take the resort monorail or the boat launch.
Epcot: You can take the resort monorail and transfer at the Ticket & Transportation Center to get on a separate monorail that travels to Epcot. Or, there is a walkway to the Ticket & Transportation Center that is just a short walk from the Tahiti and the Rapa Nui longhouses.

For DHS and assuming you meant Disney's Animal Kingdom Park, you can catch busses at either the TTC or the resort bus stop.

More info @ http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/polytransportation.htm
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp

....The sushi is really yummy. I know what you mean about being picky - incredible sushi spoils you! The sushi from the sushi bar menu will not disappoint! I was in heaven with the crab/avocado/pineapple roll :cloud9: They also offer Sashimi (Salmon, Tuna and Chef's Choice), Volcano Roll (Spicy Tuna, Seafood "Lau'ai" w/ Tempura Crunch), traditional Nigiri (Salmon, Tuna, Chef's choice) and Kona Crab Cake Roll (Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, Avocado and Asian Tartar sauce - plus a combo plate :thumbsup2

I'm delighted to hear this - I'm a recent sushi convert. As you can probably imagine Ireland isn't one of the sushi hot spots in Europe ;) and I'd have to take a 3 hour round trip just to get some so it's a rare treat. I'm looking forward getting a fix in Florida

Yes. Sorry I didn't explain. They are stuffed animals with codes with which you log in on the webkinz website. Each animal has an animated animal character which the child (or adult :rolleyes1) can name, feed, design a room for, dress, play games, etc. It's really cute...

Thanks for the heads up DD will love these :goodvibes

Thanks for the response. I stayed in that building as a kid-- I think it was Bora Bora then? Anyway, I love the location, and am glad to hear the smoke has cleared.

That is really cool. My husband stayed at the Poly as a kid once. I need to ask my MIL if she has any pics from that trip...
Have fun!

To get to Epcot you would want to walk to the TTC. Taking the monorail would mean going the entire loop, GF - MK - CR - TTC. And then transfering to the Epcot monorail. Walking would be much faster.

I totally agree. This is what we do also.

I'm delighted to hear this - I'm a recent sushi convert. As you can probably imagine Ireland isn't one of the sushi hot spots in Europe ;)
:rotfl: You'll have both CG and Kona to look forward to :thumbsup2 Not sure where else on property...

California Grill has excellent sushi according to my DH, DS1 and his wife. I'm a sushi newbie but finally tried it there this month. Really enjoyed it.

Now I have to try it at Kona too.:goodvibes

Wolfgang Puck Cafe also serves sushi they enjoy.

California Grill has excellent sushi according to my DH, DS1 and his wife. I'm a sushi newbie but finally tried it there this month. Really enjoyed it.

Now I have to try it at Kona too.:goodvibes

Wolfgang Puck Cafe also serves sushi they enjoy.

BCV23 - Thank you so much for that WPC recommendation :thumbsup2 We have NEVER been!

So I have finally read through this whole thread. Thank you to everyone. I have gotten lots of great information about our trip.

As I said in a earlier post this is our families dream trip and we are so excited. Me, DW and DS 12. We have never been to Disney in the summer like this. I know it will be hot but that doesn't bother us. We plan to hop back to the resort a lot anyway and DS is game for getting up early to go to the parks so this should work out. For those of you who travel in the summer what is it like for crowds? I am just trying to think about how busy it could really be 7/20-7/27.

I look forward to the next few months sharing ideas and planning with everyone who is getting ready for a trip. And love getting the reports from those coming back too.

You're welcome.:goodvibes

Have you had the sushi at CG and not been pleased?

No, no! I have had sushi there once or twice and LOVED it! Behold my platter from last summer's trip :teeth: including shrimp tempura roll with an orange citrus sauce and what looks like a California roll.

DSC03595.jpg

From my two experiences CG doesn't just have good sushi, they have outstanding sushi.

I agree!

So I have finally read through this whole thread. Thank you to everyone. I have gotten lots of great information about our trip.

As I said in a earlier post this is our families dream trip and we are so excited. Me, DW and DS 12. We have never been to Disney in the summer like this. I know it will be hot but that doesn't bother us. We plan to hop back to the resort a lot anyway and DS is game for getting up early to go to the parks so this should work out. For those of you who travel in the summer what is it like for crowds? I am just trying to think about how busy it could really be 7/20-7/27.

I look forward to the next few months sharing ideas and planning with everyone who is getting ready for a trip. And love getting the reports from those coming back too.

I'm so happy for you! Your family is going to fall in love with the Polynesian. Talk about warm, friendly, beautiful, fun! It's awesome :cool1: We often go to WDW in late July/early August and it's great. It's hot and humid where we live so that's not really an issue for us either. The crowds won't be as concentrated as at holidays (Easter, Christmas, etc.) but it will be busy. Not mobbed though. You're going to have a great time on the beach and in the pools... perfect time for a Polynesian vacation :cloud9: Ask away! There are so many great people who post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter