The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which longhouses are the LAGOON view rooms? :confused3

Not concierge or suites, just a bookable LAGOON view room?

Thank you

Which longhouses are the LAGOON view rooms? :confused3

Not concierge or suites, just a bookable LAGOON view room?

Thank you

The following longhouses contain rooms that are lagoon view category:

Tahiti
Tokelau
Tuvalu
Aotearoa

(These buildings also include some Magic Kingdom view rooms, as well).

The following longhouses contain rooms that are lagoon view category:

Tahiti
Tokelau
Tuvalu
Aotearoa

(These buildings also include some Magic Kingdom view rooms, as well).

Thank you Seaspray!;)

I wanted a MK view, but they were sold out, so Im hoping for a really good lagoon view. :)

Do all of the 2nd floor rooms not have balconies or is it just certain ones?
Thanks.

The original longhouses lack second floor balconies. Tahiti, Tokelau and Rapa Nui have balconies off both 2nd and 3rd floor rooms.

Omigosh, we'll be there SO SOON!!!

I have been debating whether to call tomorrow to request a specific longhouse, or whether to just go with the flow and let the pixie dust fall where it may.

We have a Magic Kingdom view reservation, so it seems like wherever they put us, it will be nice, right? We've got two Neverland Club nights and one 'Ohana night, so while it would be nice to be in Tahiti, near the TTC, it would also be okay to be closer to the lobby.

Any opinions on calling to request a specific longhouse?

(and HI! *waves* For weeks, we debated whether to cancel our reservation due to the economy; we finally decided to go ahead and go, but I have to admit, some of the THRILL has faded. I hope it will come back!)

Cheers to everyone; jumpin' on board!

Welcome aboard!

Omigosh, we'll be there SO SOON!!!

I have been debating whether to call tomorrow to request a specific longhouse, or whether to just go with the flow and let the pixie dust fall where it may.

We have a Magic Kingdom view reservation, so it seems like wherever they put us, it will be nice, right? We've got two Neverland Club nights and one 'Ohana night, so while it would be nice to be in Tahiti, near the TTC, it would also be okay to be closer to the lobby.

Any opinions on calling to request a specific longhouse?

(and HI! *waves* For weeks, we debated whether to cancel our reservation due to the economy; we finally decided to go ahead and go, but I have to admit, some of the THRILL has faded. I hope it will come back!)

I hope the thrill comes back!:goodvibes I'd just let the Tiki gods decide but that's me. Have fun on your trip. We'll be heading down right after you! Can't wait!:cool1: Have a great trip and aloha!

:surfweb:
I just received an e-mail from Tikiman stating that Poly is going to reinstate the torch lighting ceremony.:banana:

I just received an e-mail from Tikiman stating that Poly is going to reinstate the torch lighting ceremony.:banana:

I got the same e-mail and I am over the moon about it! :banana: :cheer2: I'm so pleased to hear about this, especially since I'm leaving for WDW in less than 24 hours.

We will be at the Poly January 25th-February 1s! I CANNOT wait! I have heard that there are rooms that over look the monorail and kids can stand on the balcony and watch it go past. My son would LOVE this... Is there a certain room / longhouse to request? TIA!
Staci

We will be at the Poly January 25th-February 1s! I CANNOT wait! I have heard that there are rooms that over look the monorail and kids can stand on the balcony and watch it go past. My son would LOVE this... Is there a certain room / longhouse to request? TIA!
Staci

Aotearoa is the longhouse with the best monorail views. Below is a link to the Aotearoa page Tikiman's site. The monorail passes the whole longhouse, but beware the lush vegetation blocks the view from some rooms.

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/_Aotearoa.html

Staci
The very best way to do it would be to request a room overlooking the monorail.

If you request a certain longhouse, the rooms assigner won't know why, and the room might be anywhere in the builidng, not necessarily facing the beam.

Requesting a certain room number is also an unwise move ... if that room is taken, the rooms assigner has no way of knowing WHY you requested that particular room (lucky number? stayed there before? psychic reading?), and then you'll just get "whatever" room anywhere in the resort.

Requesting "room overlooking monorail" or "room with monorail view" or something like that will be your best bet. Just give them the IDEA of what you want, and they'll hook you up if they can!:thumbsup2

Last night I finally got to try the Sushi at the Kona Island Sushi Bar and it was amazing, so that is one location I plan to visit again this August when my family and I are back at WDW.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Last night I finally got to try the Sushi at the Kona Island Sushi Bar and it was amazing, so that is one location I plan to visit again this August when my family and I are back at WDW.

I hope my sushi lovers get to try it this trip!

So excited! Only 26 more days until our first trip to the Poly :woohoo:
We were disappointed that they would not apply the 4/3 deal to our WL CL room we already had, but we are excited about staying at the Poly! We put in our requests for different longhouses and a full balcony, and after doing more research I think the best longhouse for us will be Tokelau, how good is the Poly at being able to give room requests? I know there are no guarantee's on it, but I do know that WL is great at that, just wondering how the Poly is. Also, we may ask if they have anything available in a club level room when we arrive that we can have that day or possibly the next day. We of course intend to pay the difference, we don't expect anything for free. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks for the review! :thumbsup2 I'm planning on checking this out during my stay. I haven't had sushi before so I figure the Poly is as good a place as any to try it out. :goodvibes

I got the same e-mail and I am over the moon about it! :banana: :cheer2: I'm so pleased to hear about this, especially since I'm leaving for WDW in less than 24 hours.

I received it also. :banana:
I'm so envious you'll be there tomorrow. Have a fantastic time!! :cool1:

I got back last Tuesday and I miss it so much. :sad2:

Just got back from our honeymoon with a split stay at the poly. Let me say we had a wonderful time and the POLY resort is beautiful!!!!!:)

We stayed at ASMu before and had them transfer our luggage to the Poly. We took a bus to the TTC and walked over from there. We loved being greeted by so many smiling faces. Check-in went well the lady was very friendly. We had not made a room request, I wanted to leave it to the tiki gods. When she started to check us in I asked her if it would be possible to get a 3rd floor room, as the ground floor ones are noisy for us. She said sure and said that she had a room available right now... in Tokelau! I was so happy that’s what I had wanted! we also ran over our ADR's with her and when making the ADR's one got messed up, she said they was not any available at this time but she would personally call the restaurant and see if they could get us in. When we got to our room it was great. Very large, nice deco and everything I had read on the DIS. The only problem was Dirty towels in the bathroom.:confused3 Not a big deal, I called mousekeeping and they assured me someone would be right up. When we returned later that night the towels were still there. I called again, we left, still there when we returned. The next day i went and spoke with they resort manager who was very nice but didn't seem to do anything. We also had other issues with mousekeeping at the POLY. The resort manager ended up giving us a credit to use, since we were only there for one last night.

I loved the Poly, the food and the access to the parks, did not like mousekeeping and the mousekeeping manager. But I was not willing to let mousekeeping ruin my trip and just continued letting them and the resort know what the problem was.

I would have to give the POLY an A- for the lack of housekeeping, but we will return there in the future, maybe Club level ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter