The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
HeyIt'sMe thanks for posting your pics! Figi looks like a nice location..nice views all around. Very cool:)

Marc A., try for a breakfast reservation through the lobby concierge once you arrive at the Polynesian.

Marc A., try for a breakfast reservation through the lobby concierge once you arrive at the Polynesian.
That's a great tip because I have read on other threads getting an ADR at the last minute threw the lobby Concierge desk at your Resort where the restaurant is located might be easier then calling the WDW-Dining number. However I just want to say that does not always work, because a few years ago we tried getting a last minute ADR at Chef Mickey's threw the lobby Concierge at the Contemporary and were told nothing was available.

This worked for us in Sept. during free dining. I had tried all the way up to the day we left to get a ressie for breakfast on our last day without any luck. We went to lobby concierge the night before and we had a few choices for times. Good Luck!!

I unfortunately have 1 year until I get to the Poly *pouts*. For those of you who are Poly veterans, what would you say are some must do/ must seen things at the Poly.

The torchlighting ceremony is great to see while you're there! It happens near the front door of the lobby at 6pm. :thumbsup2

All the rooms are actually Garden View I believe...

They're all classified as 'Garden View' but one side of the building you see the 'gardens' and on the other side you see the marina and/or the lagoon. :thumbsup2

All the rooms are actually Garden View I believe...

I think you are correct. We had a Garden View room booked. We've stayed in Fiji several times and we usually get the other side; this was the 2nd time we've gotten the marina side. We LOVE staying if Fiji - it's very close to the GCH and not far from the volcano pool. It's one of the older longhouses so the hallways are narrower and darker but that's OK by us.

This was the view from our non-marina side room in Fiji in Oct 2006 (I forget the room number but it was on the 3rd floor) -
IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Ahhhhh! I just love seeing pictures posted. 5 weeks from tomorrow, and I'll be checking in and strolling those lovely grounds again! :)

I can't wait for my stay at the Poly. Me and DBF Ben are going to Disney in 2010 and I'm just nervous that he isn't gonna like the Poly at all. He's more campy and is really pushing for the Wilderness Lodge. Eek, we have a bit of an issue there. I want the Poly he wants WL.

How long is your trip? Why not compromise & do half at WL & half at the Poly? Cast Members will move your bags from one to the other for you, and you can still use Magical Express since they are both WDW resorts.

This worked for us in Sept. during free dining. I had tried all the way up to the day we left to get a ressie for breakfast on our last day without any luck. We went to lobby concierge the night before and we had a few choices for times. Good Luck!!

It is pot-luck, but we've always had amazing luck w/the concierge. Another option is guest services in the parks -- they have dug up some great ADR's for us too! :banana:
Part of it depends on cancellations... part of it is be flexible when they start tossing out options.

Another tip for an ADR at Ohana if you have no luck through concierge is to try and do a walk up as soon as they open for the morning...This worked for us one year when we couldn't get in...there were a few empty tables because people were late, and we got lucky. Our kids were little at this time and were early risers, so this worked great for us...not so sure you will want to try it if you usually like to sleep later on vacation, but it is an option.

So - I have tried and I have tried but I am just too stupid to figure out how to put pictures into posts. Honestly - I wonder how I dress myself in the morning!!! :lmao:

Anyone want to walk me through it - and use small words please!!! LOL

The Poly is my absolute favorite Disney resort and I might actually get to stay there in January! That would be a dream come true :lovestruc:

So - I have tried and I have tried but I am just too stupid to figure out how to put pictures into posts. Honestly - I wonder how I dress myself in the morning!!! :lmao:

Anyone want to walk me through it - and use small words please!!! LOL

I can try! :)

First, you need to upload your photos to an online hosting site, like Photobucket.com Once they're uploaded, they'll have links below each photo that you can use to post them. If you use Photobucket, you want to choose the IMG Code. It will look like: [ IMG ]http://filenamehere.jpg [ /IMG ] (only without the spaces). You can just copy and paste the coding into your post and your photos should show up! :)

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter