The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be there June 8-13 since our son is coming with us and that's when he can get away...so I guess we can plan on crowds toward the end of the week:eek: Thanks for the info Tess:)

You're welcome.

Don't stress about it. Make your game plan for attacking the parks and be there at rope drop for each park--not necessarily EMH, just the rope drop. Of course if you are used to lower crowd levels, rope drop may seem exceptionally crowded, but you'll be fine. Use FP and have a plan for touring. The crowds, as I said, are manageable at that time of year. :cool1: I actually LOVE June--great HOT weather! I'm hoping I don't regret going in May, but I was tired of paying the premium prices without any type of discount in June. :(

The crowds really begin to get heavy around 11:00 a.m.--just about the time you should be ready to head to lunch having done a good many things on your list. This is especially true for MK and AK.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what new Poly sweatshirts/t-shirts might be for sale at Boutiki. Pictures would be great. Thanks.

How did you like Tokelau? That is one of my requests for next month. I requested either Rapa Nui , Tokelau or Tahiti. We want to be closer to TTC. We booked Garden view. What did you have?

we liked Tokelau a lot the quite pool is RIGHT outside the door
if you want to be close to TTC then Rapa Nui will probably be your best bet
Tokelau seemed to be in the "center" of the complex - about the same distance from the GCH or to the poly bus stop (external walk)

i booked garden view but the rm we were finally asgn'd to i think it could be considered lagoon view bc we could see the lake & beach to the left but looking directly out you would only see the grounds & the next bldg

i'll post those balcony pics 2nite - not loaded on my work computer! :surfweb:

Hello,

I just have a quick question if possible. I was wondering if the pancakes in the Big Kahuna are the Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes?

what i remember is that it didnt - that i had to order it as a single entree

- the DIS menu lists regular pancakes
- another disney info website says that it includes macadamia nut/pineapple pancakes
- yet another shows a picture of a Big Kahuna plate that has regular pancakes but the pic isn't dated

did this help @ all? :confused3 lol

I have a question about room choice. We have the Poly booked for August. I have three kids 5,8 and 13. So no little ones to tote around. We booked a garden view room and was wondering if anyone could recommend a building. I am thinking of asking for ground floor so we can get a patio. Thought this would be nice. I notice not all rooms have balconies. I want to make the best choice since staying at the Poly is a huge splurge for us. I would like to be convenient to the pool and main building if at all possible. Since we are new to this resort and all of you our Poly pros I thought I would ask the experts for a recommendation.;)

I have a question about room choice. We have the Poly booked for August. I have three kids 5,8 and 13. So no little ones to tote around. We booked a garden view room and was wondering if anyone could recommend a building. I am thinking of asking for ground floor so we can get a patio. Thought this would be nice. I notice not all rooms have balconies. I want to make the best choice since staying at the Poly is a huge splurge for us. I would like to be convenient to the pool and main building if at all possible. Since we are new to this resort and all of you our Poly pros I thought I would ask the experts for a recommendation.;)
You sound just like me - 3 kids ages 5,8 and 12. We're planning for Sept and have never stayed at Poly either, so I have the same question! Can't wait to hear the replies!

I believe they are. :thumbsup2 I remember my DGsis ordering the Big Kahuna because she wanted the macadamia-pineapple pancakes plus the french toast.

I so can't wait to have these pancakes again in December! :cloud9:

Thank you for the response!! I am so excited to have/try the Big Kahuna with my mother (we are splitting it). My brother would always get it at least once during the trip. The Kona Cafe is so addicting, we are finally trying it there for lunc. We've tried it once before but all I ate was Chicken Noodle Soup. This time we're splitting the Mahi Mahi

You sound just like me - 3 kids ages 5,8 and 12. We're planning for Sept and have never stayed at Poly either, so I have the same question! Can't wait to hear the replies!

Okay kimgof and jmamom--you both seem to want the same things since your kids are nearly identical ages. I would request either Tokelau (dead center of the resort) with easy access to the quiet pool and bus stop. It is about half way to the GCH and TTC. There are patios on first and balconies on second and third. You get the best of both worlds, convenience and balcony/patio with great garden views on either side.

Then there is a second school of thought for me--you have three children and need space. Tahiti offers the larger rooms and double sinks in the bathroom. Yeah, it's a few steps farther to GCH and the pools, but it is a few steps closer to TTC. It is also a more quiet area of the resort and like Tokelau, has patios on first and balconies on second and third.

With Tokelau you may be lucky enough to get the poolside (quiet pool) view and with Tahiti you will get a pure garden view (unless you score an upgrade). In Tahiti you will have a bit more space.

I suppose it depends on which is your preference and you should never substitute another person's judgment for your own. I have said it once if I have said it several hundred times--there is something beneficial to be said for each and every longhouse. It is very hard to give advice since I don't know you personally, but if I had to choose--these would be mine and others will have differing opinions. Take the opinions, look at the maps of the resort, and decide what will work best for your family. :thumbsup2 The Polynesian is a great place to stay and I'm sure you'll be happy regardless of where you lay your heads.

One thing I will say with certainty, while the Polynesian seems to be quite spread out, it really is not. You are minutes from any longhouse to any point within the resort.

Take time to smell the hibiscus--the Polynesian is a lovely choice! :banana:

Same here... three kids, will be 5, 9, and 11 and I hope you get a good reply too.

Tess always has great answers... can you tell me anything about aroteola? I am thinking about requesting that one. Is it one of the bigger ones?

Tess always has great answers... can you tell me anything about aroteola? I am thinking about requesting that one. Is it one of the bigger ones?

Aotearoa is one of the older longhouses, but all the longhouses were renovated at the same time. From a space standpoint, Tahiti and Rapa Nui are better and Tokelau is more central. It is located to the west of the GCH but is very close to it. If you want a great view of the monorail gliding by and you are able to request and receive that side (south side), then it is perfect. The north side of Aotearoa faces the lagoon area and I'm not sure about the noise factor from the Luau. I have never stayed in Aotearoa, but I'm certain someone on this thread has and will have great things to say about it.

From a personal standpoint, I wouldn't choose it, but that is just me and my family. We prefer to be more central to the "action" of the resort.

I hope that helps, if you need anything else, I'm sitting around tonight doing laundry--I should be available. :rotfl:

We just came back - our kids are 5, 7, 9. We were in Tahiti and I really loved it. It is the furthest from the GCH and pool - but honestly it's a quick walk (and nice to walk along the beach too). We just hopped right over to the TTC to get the monorail - that was great.

We were on the second floor - had a balcony. I was glad to be not on the first as we tended to rush out of the room each morning and there were days we forgot to lock the slider - that would have freaked me out if we were on the first floor. But that's just my own stupidity!!!!

NavyDotz great photos, you had a lovely view from your room. Thanks for sharing:) I miss the Poly!!

Hello,

I just have a quick question if possible. I was wondering if the pancakes in the Big Kahuna are the Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes?

Yes! But the pancakes are a little smaller than the ones in the regular order. Here's a tip: You can ask for extra macadamia nut butter and the pineapple topping on the side, if you want extra to add to your pancakes. :)

We just came back - our kids are 5, 7, 9. We were in Tahiti and I really loved it. It is the furthest from the GCH and pool - but honestly it's a quick walk (and nice to walk along the beach too). We just hopped right over to the TTC to get the monorail - that was great.

We were on the second floor - had a balcony. I was glad to be not on the first as we tended to rush out of the room each morning and there were days we forgot to lock the slider - that would have freaked me out if we were on the first floor. But that's just my own stupidity!!!!

Yes! But the pancakes are a little smaller than the ones in the regular order. Here's a tip: You can ask for extra macadamia nut butter and the pineapple topping on the side, if you want extra to add to your pancakes. :)

Hi guys--I thought I was the only one home tonight--it is Friday after all. :rotfl2: Glad to have the company.

Hi everyone, I just got up and am headed to the shower...then wake the kids and head to the airport for our first trip to wdw. I am so excited I woke up 2 hours early, its like christmas! I have really enjoyed the trip updates from these posts, so I will try to get one in everyday or two.

Have a great time!!! :sunny:

:cool1: I actually LOVE June--great HOT weather! I'm hoping I don't regret going in May, but I was tired of paying the premium prices without any type of discount in June. :(

Tess: I'll be curious to see how you think May and June compare, and which you prefer. I've never been there in June, but LOVE going to WDW in May. The weather is usually pretty warm, definitely pool weather!

click on the above pic to open the slideshow

Thanks for sharing, great pictures!!!!

Hi guys--I thought I was the only one home tonight--it is Friday after all. :rotfl2: Glad to have the company.

LOL! I remember when Friday night used to mean going out. NOW I look forward to Friday night so I can relax. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter