The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, checking in here! We were originally booked at Wilderness Lodge for our upcoming trip, then our older DD, 13, begged to bring her BFF with us. We then upgraded to the BC for the daybed, only able to get a AAA discount of 10%. Shortly after booking that I received my first PIN code post card in like 5 years, but was unable to apply it to our room at BC unless I booked water view for even more $$ than the $374 a night I was already paying. Fast forward about 6 weeks, I"m calling every week or so, checking back when I make ADRs, etc, no monorail availability at all. :( We stayed at the Polynesian once in '04, had a few issues with the stay but the manager did take care of us to make up for them. Was really trying to get back in at GF again since the BFF has never been to "the World" and we are trying to make the trip, although short due to school committments, memorable. Well, I went on the WDW site yesterday and lo and behold they were showing Poly availability. I called and was able to apply my PIN code and move to a larger room on the monorail for <$4 more! We're all excited now. I'm hoping for a good location,(we were in Samoa thanks to Tikiman last time). The best part was after I booked and paid my deposit I contacted Sue Ellen, my Dreams Unlimited TA and she was actually able to have my old BC reservation moved over, so I was able to call and request the cancellation of my new deposit, :goodvibes:

Our last visit was before renovations so we're looking forward to the new decor. Also hope that the pool stays open this time(Major sanitizing kept it closed our entire stay last time :( ) One thing that I like about this resort is I feel better about allowing the girls a little freedom, more so than I was feeling about the BC/Boardwalk area.

OK, so I've looked at all the pages on this thread as well as Tiki-Man's website (very cool) but still hope you all can help.

We booked a Lagoon View (as we do not want to look at the parking lot) but really like the buildings listed as "garden view" (well most of them). Mainly we want to be as close to the GCH as possible and with a good view; basically anything besides parking lot.

Would you please let me know what rooms to request? We prefer to be on the ground floor and would like to see the pool or lagoon. I"m wondering if it would be better to cancel the Lagoon view (save us about $300) and hope for a decent garden view room or keep the Lagoon view and be further away from GCH.

Please help my Poly expert!:worship:

Lagoon views, IIFC, are farther away from the GCH than the GV rooms. Our Samoa location last stay was perfect, close to GCH, straight on view of the volcano pool and sideways view of the lagoon and MK.

Seaspray - I hope that your son is doing better now! Welcome back!!!

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!! Ihave been up since 5am because I'm really a 10 year old at heart and just can't sleep I'm so excited! The kids have school today and I have a zillion things to do - at least DH is off so he'll hopefully help.

Thank you to everyone for the good wishes for my DS; I appreciate that. :grouphug:

Seaspray - I hope that your son is doing better now! Welcome back!!!

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!! Ihave been up since 5am because I'm really a 10 year old at heart and just can't sleep I'm so excited! The kids have school today and I have a zillion things to do - at least DH is off so he'll hopefully help.

Have a wonderful trip!!! :sunny:

Ooooh, ADRs are driving me CRAZY.:lmao:

I'm thinking also about booking a photo session for this trip, but I can't decide between the Poly and GF. I'm thinking maybe the Poly because that's where we're staying, but the GF looks more formal for pictures. Hmmm...:confused3

Has anyone rented watercrafts from the marina before? My dad really wants to rent a sailboat, but I don't know how much experience is necessary, etc. Does anyone know anything about the motorized/non motorized boats?

Thanks!:yay:

OMG- I just checked in for our flights on line!!!! I cannot believe our trip is finally here. I'm so excited - I can't even stop saying that I'm so excited!

If I don't check in again before we leave- everyone have a great week and thank you all for the wonderful advice about our trip! I'll be thinking of you all as I use all your great ideas.

OMG- I just checked in for our flights on line!!!! I cannot believe our trip is finally here. I'm so excited - I can't even stop saying that I'm so excited!

If I don't check in again before we leave- everyone have a great week and thank you all for the wonderful advice about our trip! I'll be thinking of you all as I use all your great ideas.

HAVE A BALL!!! :goodvibes

Have a WONDERFUL TRIP!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!!

Hi everyone!

It's been awhile since I have even lurked over here,but got some great news and just had to share....and ask a question too:lmao: Ok, so we had a lagoon view booked as part of our land/sea pkg for 12/20-12/23. Had asked about a club level upgrade and was waitlisted. Just got an email from our DU agent that our upgrade came though! :yay: Course she didn't say if it was lagoon view, or garden view. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the upgrade, but can't help but wonder,will we be dissapointed if we traded a lagoon view for a garden view? Are the little extras that come with club level worth the trade? I haven't heard back from her yet, it could be lagoon view,just curious is all.

Brenda

Okay, now, I remember reading something about the Volcano pool having a heated sitting area, or something like that. Similar to a hot tub.

(Forgive me for sounding like an idiot. We've never stayed at Poly, or a deluxe at all)

I was reading (I think it was in my passporter from our past trip) something that was saying Poly guests are welcome to use the GF's hot tub or something like that? I didn't think much of it, since we weren't staying at the Poly, but I misplaced my passporter, and I googled it and couldn't find anything, and now that we're staying at Poly, I'm curious. So, anyways, ignoring my weird babbling... is this true? :rotfl:

SeaSpray, I hope your DS is feeling better soon!
OK, so I've looked at all the pages on this thread as well as Tiki-Man's website (very cool) but still hope you all can help.

We booked a Lagoon View (as we do not want to look at the parking lot) but really like the buildings listed as "garden view" (well most of them). Mainly we want to be as close to the GCH as possible and with a good view; basically anything besides parking lot.

Would you please let me know what rooms to request? We prefer to be on the ground floor and would like to see the pool or lagoon. I"m wondering if it would be better to cancel the Lagoon view (save us about $300) and hope for a decent garden view room or keep the Lagoon view and be further away from GCH.

Please help my Poly expert!:worship:
There is really only 1 building that would give you a parking lot view, all of t he other garden views are wonderful, you could even get a view of the Volcano pool...check out the map of the longhouse locations on page 1, and you can see the layout. uI'd choose your 2 favorite buildings and put that inyour request...if being close to GCH is important to you, then I'd say Garden view is the way to go.....BUT if you got a Lagoon view in Tahiti which is the farthest from GCH, you'd still only have about a 5 min. walk to GCH, so unless you have mobility issues, I'd go for the view that you want.
Ooooh, ADRs are driving me CRAZY.:lmao:

I'm thinking also about booking a photo session for this trip, but I can't decide between the Poly and GF. I'm thinking maybe the Poly because that's where we're staying, but the GF looks more formal for pictures. Hmmm...:confused3

Has anyone rented watercrafts from the marina before? My dad really wants to rent a sailboat, but I don't know how much experience is necessary, etc. Does anyone know anything about the motorized/non motorized boats?

Thanks!:yay:
I'd go with Poly, but then I'd love the casual, tropical background for my photos. I also think it would be more convenient since you are staying there.

We rented a Pontoon Boat from the Marina and loved it! It was a great way to spend our last day in the World..we had to leave for the airport around 2 and with 2 little ones didn't want to have to rush back from a park to catch ME, so this was the perfect solution...we did Breakfast at Ohana's, went back to the room and finished packing, took our bags to Bell Services, and spent a couple hours on Seven Seas Lagoon before catching the bus to the Airport. I'd do that again on our last day...it was great to be nice and relaxed for our flight home.

Have a Fun, safe trip! We can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm up - I'm showered and dressed - and we dont' leave for an hour! I don't want to wake the kiddoes yet and DH is in the shower - so here I am!!! Have a wonderful week all - I'll try to write all about my week when I return!

Have Fun!

We went last year at the same time. Our first time to Disney for all of us. You made a great choice in the Poly! But beware...you will never want to stay anywhere else! Aloha!:goodvibes

Never mind my previous post;) Got an email from our DU agent and our upgrade is confirmed club level/lagoon view:cheer2: Now,one of those 3rd floor balconys would be perfect. Come on pixidust, work you magic pixiedust:

I'm up - I'm showered and dressed - and we dont' leave for an hour! I don't want to wake the kiddoes yet and DH is in the shower - so here I am!!! Have a wonderful week all - I'll try to write all about my week when I return!

:goodvibes Have a safe and wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes

OK, so I downgraded our Lagoon view to standard view, because quite honestly, the lagoon views are so far away and I personally like the view from most of the garden views.

Question, which standard garden view longhouses/rooms should I avoid? Thanks!

Okay, now, I remember reading something about the Volcano pool having a heated sitting area, or something like that. Similar to a hot tub.

(Forgive me for sounding like an idiot. We've never stayed at Poly, or a deluxe at all)

I was reading (I think it was in my passporter from our past trip) something that was saying Poly guests are welcome to use the GF's hot tub or something like that? I didn't think much of it, since we weren't staying at the Poly, but I misplaced my passporter, and I googled it and couldn't find anything, and now that we're staying at Poly, I'm curious. So, anyways, ignoring my weird babbling... is this true? :rotfl:

The Poly pool has a sitting area with jets - but it is NOT heated, or no more so than the rest of the pool (if it is). Just seating with jetted, bubbly water.

I believe Poly guests can use the GF SPA's hot tub, not the regular hot tub(s?) by the pools.

HTH!!

OK, so I downgraded our Lagoon view to standard view, because quite honestly, the lagoon views are so far away and I personally like the view from most of the garden views.

Question, which standard garden view longhouses/rooms should I avoid? Thanks!

If you like to people watch from your GV room, I would not enjoy Aoteroa, but that would just be my opinion. I find something of value to any of the others, but would also not enjoy certain sides of some.

Check out the resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PolynesianMap.pdf and see if anything jumps out that you would dislike about a certain building. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter