The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie, thanx for the live report! We'll be there NEXT MONTH, my ME tags saying POLYNESIAN came today and I could hardly believe it. :goodvibes

Glad to see this thread has continued (and I found it again). Thanks to seaspray, I reread everything since my trip is now so close...

Stephanie, thanks for the live report:yay: Someday I hope to be able to visit during less crowded times, but being on a school vacation schedule I'll have to make do until I retire;) .

Stephanie- You have me all pumped up, as we'll be at the Poly in 3 days for our first trip to WDW!!!!! That's so cool about the light crowds! I had no idea! I really thought the free dining would crowd everything!!!! How long will you be there? Have a blast and we are enjoying the live trippie! :)

I'm pretty sure they have a nice array of liquors and mixers (in small bottles) in the small gift shop upstairs in the GCH. Then again, I haven't been back since the GCH was rehabbed, so that may have changed, but I recall making my own Jack&Cokes while enjoying some people watching upstairs.

<edit>Just checked a certain site dedicated to the Poly, which you all know and love, and there is a picture there of Samoa Snacks that shows a shelf with bottles of soda, etc, and one can distinctly see bottles of tonic water</edit>

I'll be there next week and will report back:thumbsup2

Thank you so much!! I remember going in that gift shop last Nov. but I wasn't paying attention to the alcohol. However, my parents love a good Tanqueray & Tonic or 2 after dinner (blech!) and thought it might be cheaper to go this route than send them to the lounge every night.

If you would be so kind and think of it, would you mind checking if they also sell Tanqueray gin in that shop, and how much? THANKS!!!!

SeaSpray,
Thanks so much for posting this thread. The summary of discussion links has been very helpful!

9 more days til we check in! I just got off the phone with the Disney Florist and ordered a really cute pirate Mickey Halloween themed surprise for DH to be delivered to our room after we check in. Anybody ever use them? The woman was really nice and made great suggestions for the surprise for DH...I added a talking balloon..yes we are big kids:lmao: :lmao:

9 more days til we check in! I just got off the phone with the Disney Florist and ordered a really cute pirate Mickey Halloween themed surprise for DH to be delivered to our room after we check in. Anybody ever use them? The woman was really nice and made great suggestions for the surprise for DH...I added a talking balloon..yes we are big kids:lmao: :lmao:

Nope never used them but i'm sure it'll be great! That's fun that the 2 of you are kids at heart. If I spent money on something like that to be delivered to our room, DH's reaction would be something along the lines of, "Why did you waste money on THAT when we could have spent it on FOOD!" :rotfl2:

sydangel68: say hi if you see us. It me, just average size, DH, 6'2", 240 and my 3 sons. My 12 yr old is taller than me and the other two are tall and skinny boys. Look for my LGMH on my bags!!

Will keep an eye out for the LGMH. We are a family of 3, DH and I are Pooh sized, DS is 4 and we have a black egg shapped stroller. One of us is usually carrying a pirate themed backpack.

We were also disappointed with the pool closing yesterday due to the storm. We headed over to the MK as we had dinner at LTT at 7pm, so thought we'd ride a few things first.

We got WET, very very WET, but had a blast. Walked on to Buzz, Laugh Floor, Tomorrowland People Mover and Stitch.

This morning had breakfast at Chef Mickey's and lunch at Captain Hooks. I did notice that funky smell yesterday, but it is gone today. The chicken ceasar salad was good and of course I had a Dole Whip.

We spent most of the time since breakfast in the pool as it's nice and hot, but relatively low humidity. Tonight we are heading to MNSSHP, so DS is napping as it will be a late night.

For the person who asked about the tonic water, I did notice that they have tonic in the upstairs gift show near the monorail.

We are loving our stay here the resort is fabulous, although very quiet as Stephanie mentioned. So much less crowded than ASMu where we spent the past week. Even the pool is not that busy and there are definitely people pool hopping here as yesterday when they closed the pool, I heard a few families say they would go to Captian Cooks and wait till the pool reopened. They have so many bags and fully loaded strollers that I am sure they were not staying here. They closed the pool deck too so everyone had to leave.

That's it for now.

Cheers
Angela

WOW, there will be LOTS of us there in Dec 09! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one planning SO far ahead! (DH thinks I've lost it!! :upsidedow )

Wow, what dates are you going? What room category? I'll keep my eyes out for the large group! :scared1:

THANKS!!

Not entirely sure yet. I think the 12th thru the 16th. Around there somewhere. Our TA does a group rate at the Poly somewhere around that time, so whenever she releases those dates we'll be booked!!

Well, thanks to this thread we have decided to book club level. My sweet, sweet, SWEET Grandmother said she would pay for it!!:woohoo: :woohoo:

We've stayed at OKW and CBR as a group, which we liked, but my parents and Grandmother wanted to give the Poly a try after eating at 'Ohana last year. I was more than happy to oblige;)

Will keep an eye out for the LGMH. We are a family of 3, DH and I are Pooh sized, DS is 4 and we have a black egg shapped stroller. One of us is usually carrying a pirate themed backpack.

We were also disappointed with the pool closing yesterday due to the storm. We headed over to the MK as we had dinner at LTT at 7pm, so thought we'd ride a few things first.

We got WET, very very WET, but had a blast. Walked on to Buzz, Laugh Floor, Tomorrowland People Mover and Stitch.

This morning had breakfast at Chef Mickey's and lunch at Captain Hooks. I did notice that funky smell yesterday, but it is gone today. The chicken ceasar salad was good and of course I had a Dole Whip.

We spent most of the time since breakfast in the pool as it's nice and hot, but relatively low humidity. Tonight we are heading to MNSSHP, so DS is napping as it will be a late night.

For the person who asked about the tonic water, I did notice that they have tonic in the upstairs gift show near the monorail.

We are loving our stay here the resort is fabulous, although very quiet as Stephanie mentioned. So much less crowded than ASMu where we spent the past week. Even the pool is not that busy and there are definitely people pool hopping here as yesterday when they closed the pool, I heard a few families say they would go to Captian Cooks and wait till the pool reopened. They have so many bags and fully loaded strollers that I am sure they were not staying here. They closed the pool deck too so everyone had to leave.

That's it for now.

Cheers
Angela

Hi Everyone!! Just checking in to let you all know what's going on so far. I see Angela is here as well! :yay:

Hi Angela!!! Glad to hear you made it in ok...I'm in my room on computer and DH and the boys are at the pool. I hope you all have a wonderful time at MNSSHP. We are going next Tues. night. So excited about that. Can't wait to hear all about it.

We spent the day in the MK....walked on everything multiple times! I did see that Peter Pan wait time was 40 min. :scared1: Why wait when you could get a fast past for the same return time! Speaking of fast passes, most of the machines where covered up about 10 am. No need for them. Space Mountain said 20 min wait but was walk on....repeated 3 times in a row!! We started the day at CP at 800 this morning and we were the first ones called in to sit and first to eat! We had seen all the characters and were out by 845. Then off to Peter Pan and then Haunted Mansion. On the way out of HM, dream team was passing out YOMD Mickey Ears! :cheer2: WOO HOO! We won something!! Pirates of the Carribean was down all morning. Finally opened about 1ish so we were able to ride without a wait. I guess someone forgot to say goodnight to George! :scared1:

I spoke to several CM during the day and they all were talking about how low the crowds were this week. Most said they expected it to stay the same for the next week or two and then they expected a small increase due to F&WF and Halloween, but one CM did say he thought the crowds would start increasing next week and continue to increase til Halloween itself. I guess we shall see!

Ok, I'm off to take a quick dip in the pool, then relax a bit, take showers and it's off to the Yacht Club Marina for our Breathless Cruise. I will try and post later tonight.

Thanks everyone for reading!!!! (hope I'm not boring anyone, this is my first TR!)

Wow - a live report! So cool!!! I'm glad the crowds are nice and small for you - I hope that the CMS are not right and that they don't start picking up as I just checked my calendar and nearly died when I realized we will be there in a little over a month!!!

OMG - 4 1/2 weeks! I have to much to do before then. Yikes!

Stephanie, thanx for the live report! We'll be there NEXT MONTH, my ME tags saying POLYNESIAN came today and I could hardly believe it. :goodvibes

Glad to see this thread has continued (and I found it again). Thanks to seaspray, I reread everything since my trip is now so close...

Looks like we'll be there roughly at the same time. We get in on the 15th - check out on the 22nd.

Nope never used them but i'm sure it'll be great! That's fun that the 2 of you are kids at heart. If I spent money on something like that to be delivered to our room, DH's reaction would be something along the lines of, "Why did you waste money on THAT when we could have spent it on FOOD!" :rotfl2:

Oh it's got food in it (of the candy and treats variety), that's why I used Disney Florist, they're the only ones allowed to deliver gifts with food in them (that's what I was told) to WDW resorts. My DH's reaction would be the same as yours otherwise:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I bought $400.00 worth of flowers last year for our room. It was our 32 anni. and I wanted to surprise my DH. The flowers were fabulous and my DH cried when he saw them. They were worth every penny and we still talk about them.:hug: :hug:

Hi Everyone!! Just checking in to let you all know what's going on so far. I see Angela is here as well! :yay:

Hi Angela!!! Glad to hear you made it in ok...I'm in my room on computer and DH and the boys are at the pool. I hope you all have a wonderful time at MNSSHP. We are going next Tues. night. So excited about that. Can't wait to hear all about it.

We spent the day in the MK....walked on everything multiple times! I did see that Peter Pan wait time was 40 min. :scared1: Why wait when you could get a fast past for the same return time! Speaking of fast passes, most of the machines where covered up about 10 am. No need for them. Space Mountain said 20 min wait but was walk on....repeated 3 times in a row!! We started the day at CP at 800 this morning and we were the first ones called in to sit and first to eat! We had seen all the characters and were out by 845. Then off to Peter Pan and then Haunted Mansion. On the way out of HM, dream team was passing out YOMD Mickey Ears! :cheer2: WOO HOO! We won something!! Pirates of the Carribean was down all morning. Finally opened about 1ish so we were able to ride without a wait. I guess someone forgot to say goodnight to George! :scared1:

I spoke to several CM during the day and they all were talking about how low the crowds were this week. Most said they expected it to stay the same for the next week or two and then they expected a small increase due to F&WF and Halloween, but one CM did say he thought the crowds would start increasing next week and continue to increase til Halloween itself. I guess we shall see!

Ok, I'm off to take a quick dip in the pool, then relax a bit, take showers and it's off to the Yacht Club Marina for our Breathless Cruise. I will try and post later tonight.

Thanks everyone for reading!!!! (hope I'm not boring anyone, this is my first TR!)
Thanks for the live report and keep having fun at WDW. :thumbsup2

Oh it's got food in it (of the candy and treats variety), that's why I used Disney Florist, they're the only ones allowed to deliver gifts with food in them (that's what I was told) to WDW resorts. My DH's reaction would be the same as yours otherwise:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

I've used them on three times now! There great! Their stuff is beautiful and their very helpful! The first time I used them I ordered a gift basket for SIL and her DH for their honeymoon and was able to add champagne, the second time I ordered a basket for my kids that was from "the disney gang" welcoming them back, it was HUGE and I surely got my monies worth! The 3rd time was to order balloons for my DD for her birthday on our last trip in March. I'll definitely use them again!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Just wanted to stop in give a very quick update.

First, there is nothing like waking up to the wonderful castle view in the morning!! I'm thinking about taking a picture and having a life like mural put on my bedroom at home since they won't allow me to live here. :rotfl:

Last night we did the Breathless Illuminations Cruise and for now, all I will say is WOW!!! I will write more later with details about that and other things that happened yesterday.

This morning we are off to Typhoon Lagoon. We have early dinner ressies at WWC and then we might head over to MK for Spectromagic.

I'll be back later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter