The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! :cool1:
We're going on our first FAMILY vacation to Disney Dec 2009. (Early Dec, not Xmas time) We will probably do the standard garden view room...unless I'm fortunate enough to get a code and will then upgrade to MK view. I have some questions:

Where are the Garden View rooms? Can I request a specific location? Is it better to be ground level or up on the 2nd floor? If you're upstairs, is there an elevator? (WIll have 2 toddlers with us). ALSO what location would be best to be closest to the counter service restaurant and the monorail or TTC center?

THANKS!

We stayed at the Poly in 2007 and had the Tahiti building. It was the closest building to the TTC but a good walk to the GCH. However I found the convience of being that close to the TTC great. When we would get back to room at night either myself or my husband would walk over the GCH and get food or supplies and it was a nice peaceful walk. Also I prefer the 3rd floor because of the balconies. Most of the buildings don't have balconies on the 2nd floor (there are a couple that do but I don't them off the top of my head). Each longhouse has elevators. Also I don't like the ground floors because I am always worried about my kids just wondering out the door (esp. my wild 2 year old!!!)

We stayed at the Poly in 2007 and had the Tahiti building. It was the closest building to the TTC but a good walk to the GCH. However I found the convience of being that close to the TTC great. When we would get back to room at night either myself or my husband would walk over the GCH and get food or supplies and it was a nice peaceful walk. Also I prefer the 3rd floor because of the balconies. Most of the buildings don't have balconies on the 2nd floor (there are a couple that do but I don't them off the top of my head). Each longhouse has elevators. Also I don't like the ground floors because I am always worried about my kids just wondering out the door (esp. my wild 2 year old!!!)

What was you view of?????:surfweb:

Spoke to IPO this morning to finalize some birthday plans.
They were so friendly; I'm glad I upgraded.
Can't wait to surround ourselves in the luxuriousness of the POLY :cool1:

21 hours until we check in!!

CONGRADS
I HAVE 139 DAYS

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP

After joining the Board and doing some homework after booking my ressie Iam really regretting NOT booking CL. They are completely booked for the week we are there, but do you think if I called back once in a while there is a chance of a cancellation and I could get into CL??:confused3 We are not on the dining plan so it makes sense for us in that regard as well and the extra attention at check in sounds nice.

Keep trying! You never know what will open up! I always tinker with my reservations... I think it's part of my Disney obsession. It's almost as though I'm not happy if I am all done with my reservations :crazy:

Just booked a getaway to the Poly next month.... we just got back in June (our first Disney vacation) and we couldn't get enough. We booked again for January but needed a fix before then! :)

Good for you :thumbsup2 Yes, a true Disney fanatic has been born :banana: We were at Polynesian in April, GF in May and going back to AKL CL and Poly CL in the next couple of weeks - no way could I go 7 months at this point princess: Have fun planning your summer getaway :wizard:

THANKS for the great info! You're right about the ground floor being scary in terms of 2yr old wandering out. I DID think of that so glad I'm not alone in my worries. And I didn't realize there were 3rd floors so that, with a balcony AND the elevator would be a great request! THANKS again! :goofy:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is IPO? I'm guessing it's the concierge in the CL? Some have mentioned that they had special bday/anniversary requests...what kind of requests were they are is this only with CL or anyone can do this?? We're having an early bday for DD who will be 4! Her bday will not be WHILE we are there but a few weeks later...not sure if that matters or even if they ask for any id.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is IPO? I'm guessing it's the concierge in the CL? Some have mentioned that they had special bday/anniversary requests...what kind of requests were they are is this only with CL or anyone can do this?? We're having an early bday for DD who will be 4! Her bday will not be WHILE we are there but a few weeks later...not sure if that matters or even if they ask for any id.
The IPO is the Itinerary Planning Office who plan out all your ADR's, get your tickets and anything else you need before you arrive at WDW. Also just so you know these are not the Cast Members working at the Resorts Club Level lounges. Anyway it won't matter if your daughters birthday won't actually be happening while your at WDW, because a lot of people celebrate it early if they will be at WDW before it actually happens.

SO what types of things can you have them do for bdays for kids???

What was you view of?????:surfweb:

We had a very unexpected upgrade to an absolutely beautiful Magic Kingdom view. Tahiti also has garden views.

If I could ever figure out how to post my pictures from snapfish I would be more than happy to show you a picture:rotfl: !!!!

I know that it has been discussed here already that there are MANY no swiming signs along the beach at the Poly.

Our planning video came today in the mail ... just for fun I watched it and paid attention to the Poly part. You can plainly see a parent and child playing in the water right off the beach as the camera films some women walking on the beach. Plus there are many shots of sail/pontoon looking boats parked on the beach... wouldn't you have to get in the water to get into the boat?

The sails are rainbowed ... what are those boats called?

Why would disney show people swiming in the water at a BEACH RESORT and then once you get there not allow you to go in?

does anyone know?

I know that it has been discussed here already that there are MANY no swiming signs along the beach at the Poly.

Our planning video came today in the mail ... just for fun I watched it and paid attention to the Poly part. You can plainly see a parent and child playing in the water right off the beach as the camera films some women walking on the beach. Plus there are many shots of sail/pontoon looking boats parked on the beach... wouldn't you have to get in the water to get into the boat?

The sails are rainbowed ... what are those boats called?

Why would disney show people swiming in the water at a BEACH RESORT and then once you get there not allow you to go in?

does anyone know?

Wading in the water is no problem, but if you do a search for "killer amoeba" you'll find stories of people dying from microbial infections in Central Florida waterways. These microbes normally enter your brain via nasal passages or your ears, so swimming in the lakes can actually be fatal.

And the little boats have very shallow hulls, so you can easily push them out and board them without getting wet past your thighs.

Cyndi, I will definately ck back and give a report on the suite. Maybe we will pass each other one day on the way to the pool!! :)

I hope you post some photos, too!:banana:

Tikiman's photos of the suite are from before the rehab. If you haven't seen his website, you should take a look. He has the floor plan and a written description of the suites. Both are garden view. The first floor suite has a lovely private garden and the second floor suite has a large balcony.

Have a wonderful, magical time!

Hey fellow Long Islanders! We're in Hauppauge!

Just booked a getaway to the Poly next month.... we just got back in June (our first Disney vacation) and we couldn't get enough. We booked again for January but needed a fix before then! :)

My dh works in Hauppauge.

Hi to All!
We'll be at the Poly in Sept. for our first trip to WDW (only DH has been to WDW) and we are all so excited. I am enjoying this thread and all the great info!!!!!! You all make me even more happy that I chose the Poly!

I have a question about the Volcano Pool slide. Is it all totally in the dark? How long is it? What is the height requirement? I've seen some pics of the slide exit but can't tell too much from it.

Thanks in advance!

We got back 10 days ago from our 2nd trip to the Poly and 1st trip to Universal. We had a GREAT time both places but Disney is the most "magical" place definitely.

I will be sending pictures of the Poly shortly (once I figure out how to post them). We were there over the July 4th holiday and it was pretty crowded but tolerable.

For the first time, the workers at the Poly were coming around on the 4th of July asking for your key cards and then handing out a bracelet for you to wear so others couldn't get in....not sure if that worked out well or not because the beach/pool was very crowded on the 4th.

Will write one shorlty.

Caroline

Hi to All!
We'll be at the Poly in Sept. for our first trip to WDW (only DH has been to WDW) and we are all so excited. I am enjoying this thread and all the great info!!!!!! You all make me even more happy that I chose the Poly!

I have a question about the Volcano Pool slide. Is it all totally in the dark? How long is it? What is the height requirement? I've seen some pics of the slide exit but can't tell too much from it.

Thanks in advance!

The slide is all in the dark, it is a "tube" type slide. The openings are the only parts of the slide with light. That said, it is not totally dark as in pitch black. There is light that allows you to see where you are going through the tube.

There is no height requirement, but the water at the bottom does move and you are turned around a bit at the bottom. I have seen parents attempting to catch their smaller children at the exit. I don't recommend it however because I have personally shot into a parent who thought it was her child coming down. I think she was as surprised as I was when I came shooting out the exit and there was a grown woman standing there. :lmao:

I have seen parents attempting to catch their smaller children at the exit. I don't recommend it however because I have personally shot into a parent who thought it was her child coming down. I think she was as surprised as I was when I came shooting out the exit and there was a grown woman standing there. :lmao:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Hilarious! This has happened to me more than once! :crazy:

I can just picture that, Tess!:rotfl:

How are you feeling, Tess?:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter