The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the CL upgrade worth it if you have the dining plan? What other kind of perks come with it? I keep hearing about it, but still not sure what makes it so special. Thanks!
If you want to take advantage of the foods that is offered in the lounge in the afternoons and etc I don't think it's worth it if you have the DDP. Besides the perks mentioned by BCV23, at the Polynesian your room will be in the Hawaii Longhouse so no need to request a specific one you want to stay in. Plus when you arrive if you tell a Cast Member at the bell service desk your staying Club Level a bellman will then take you and your family to the Hawaii Longhouse on a golf cart to check-in over there, so no having to check-in at the Great Ceremonial House.

We're staying at the Poly :cool1: but have relatives coming to spend one day with us when we'll mostly be going to Magic Kingdom.

Will they be able to park at the Poly and just take the monorail with us? Will they need to pay for parking or the monorail or need some sort of pass or something? Ultimately, what's the dea and what should be our plan? :confused3

Thanks!

Hi All, just checking in to see what's going on :goodvibes
Reading about all your vacations and little tips is getting me excited! We have two months two weeks and six days until our vacation at the Poly - we can't wait!!!!
Aliceacc, I see you're from L.I. I'm out in Holtsville - are you a neighbor :rotfl:

I booked our WDW vacation this morning for Aug. 19 thru Aug. 24, 2008, so my wait is not that long.

Nina,

It sounds like we will be there at the same time. We are staying Aug. 21-28, also in CL. We are doing the Spirit of Aloha but I'm not sure which night--I don't have my info handy.

I'd love to hear what you think of the suite.

Cyndi

Reading about all your vacations and little tips is getting me excited! We have two months two weeks and six days until our vacation at the Poly - we can't wait!!!!
Aliceacc, I see you're from L.I. I'm out in Holtsville - are you a neighbor :rotfl:

Hi Corryn, I'm from Hicksville;)

We are leaving today for a week at the Poly. I will let you know how it gos when we get back. Aloha!

Have a fantastic trip!:cool1: Can't wait to hear about it. You too, roe and johnsonet! Aloha!

After joining the Board and doing some homework after booking my ressie Iam really regretting NOT booking CL. They are completely booked for the week we are there, but do you think if I called back once in a while there is a chance of a cancellation and I could get into CL??:confused3 We are not on the dining plan so it makes sense for us in that regard as well and the extra attention at check in sounds nice.

I'm very close to you. I'm in Ronkonkoma We leave for the Poly this Friday.

people always change their plans so there is still a chance. for me personally, if i had the extra $$$ i'd upgrade my room type to lagoon or mk view room rather than cl, but it is a personal choice thing.

Nina,

It sounds like we will be there at the same time. We are staying Aug. 21-28, also in CL. We are doing the Spirit of Aloha but I'm not sure which night--I don't have my info handy.

I'd love to hear what you think of the suite.

Cyndi

Cyndi, I will definately ck back and give a report on the suite. Maybe we will pass each other one day on the way to the pool!! :)

It sounds like there are a handful of us coming during the same time period - late August... we will be there the 17th-23rd!

We sould all wear a red rose on our shirt so we can recognize eachother :lmao:

Spoke to IPO this morning to finalize some birthday plans.
They were so friendly; I'm glad I upgraded.
Can't wait to surround ourselves in the luxuriousness of the POLY :cool1:

21 hours until we check in!!

Hey everyone! :cool1:
We're going on our first FAMILY vacation to Disney Dec 2009. (Early Dec, not Xmas time) We will probably do the standard garden view room...unless I'm fortunate enough to get a code and will then upgrade to MK view. I have some questions:

Where are the Garden View rooms? Can I request a specific location? Is it better to be ground level or up on the 2nd floor? If you're upstairs, is there an elevator? (WIll have 2 toddlers with us). ALSO what location would be best to be closest to the counter service restaurant and the monorail or TTC center?

THANKS!

Hey fellow Long Islanders! We're in Hauppauge!

Just booked a getaway to the Poly next month.... we just got back in June (our first Disney vacation) and we couldn't get enough. We booked again for January but needed a fix before then! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter