The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn Down Service
I'm pretty sure that I have read somewhere that you just have to ask them at the front desk. Don't hold me to this though.

I thought it was only on Concierge level.

I LOVE turn-down service!! :laughing:

On the concierge level it's automatic; at any deluxe resort it's available through request. When you get to your room call "Housekeeping" and request it for the duration of your trip. :)

I swear somewhere I have read that you can request it. Maybe it is only for conceirge guests but this one night we got it, but we didn't request it, and we weren't conceirge.

Right, sometimes they will automatically do turn-down at the deluxe resorts without request, but if it's something you really enjoy then it can't hurt to request it just to make sure. :)

I read that Turn Down Service is automatically done in all the rooms at the Grand Floridian including the none Club Level rooms, where as it needs to be requested at the other Deluxe Resorts if your not staying Club Level.

HOw cool is that!!!

Now explain to me exactly what it implies?? Sorry, our family typically does the Holiday Inn type of vacation... this whole world of Deluxe Resorts is a bit foreign to me!

(And, for the record, do they do it at the mods too? My friend is going the same week we are and staying at POR.)

Thanks for the quick responses...

On our March trip our standard GV room at the GF was in fact turned down each night with two chocolates left on each bed and the lights dimmed :cloud9: We did not request this nor inquire with housekeeping or the front desk.

I wasn't aware if "all" deluxes offered the option but will be sure to give mousekeeping a call once we get into the room! It's just so nice to come back to at the end of the day!

HOw cool is that!!!

Now explain to me exactly what it implies?? Sorry, our family typically does the Holiday Inn type of vacation... this whole world of Deluxe Resorts is a bit foreign to me!

(And, for the record, do they do it at the mods too? My friend is going the same week we are and staying at POR.)

Here's a pic of what I believe to be turn down service at the Polynesian from SeaSpray and the first page of this thread:
DSC01849.jpg

Basically your comforter and top sheet and blankets are "folded back" with your pillows nicely arranged; making your bed all ready to climb into!

You'll notice in the picture a chocolate on the far bed and what looks to be an attempt to dim the lights perhaps? If you go back to the first page of the FAQ you'll see some different angles.

No, you can not recieve turn down service at the moderate or value resorts; nor at the DVC resort I believe either.

HOw cool is that!!!

There's no turn-down service available at all at the moderate resorts.

Turn-down service is where housekeeping comes back to your room in the evening and replaces any used towels, they might straighten up the room a bit, leave on soft lighting, and they "turn down" your bed and leave chocolates.

Here are some samples:

At the Polynesian:
DSC01846.jpg

At the Grand Floridian:
022_22.JPG

At Animal Kingdom Lodge:
P1010269.JPG

P1010362.JPG

As you can see, sometimes the housekeepers will arrange your plush animals or other items. LOL

I read that Turn Down Service is automatically done in all the rooms at the Grand Floridian including the none Club Level rooms, where as it needs to be requested at the other Deluxe Resorts if your not staying Club Level.

Yes, it's still done in all GF rooms.

Years ago it was standard operating procedure in all rooms at the Polynesian as well. I imagine the same was true at CR. All beds were triplesheeted then too....now just club level.

As for DVC, turndown is only done in the villas that are club level on the 6th floor of the AKL.

Thanks for the quick responses...

On our March trip our standard GV room at the GF was in fact turned down each night with two chocolates left on each bed and the lights dimmed :cloud9: We did not request this nor inquire with housekeeping or the front desk.

I wasn't aware if "all" deluxes offered the option but will be sure to give mousekeeping a call once we get into the room! It's just so nice to come back to at the end of the day!

When I stayed at the GF last, they not only had the beds turned down, but the stuffed animals were also watching the Disney Channel with remote in Paw... something that I have to admit they got quite used to and try to steal the remote away from me at every possible chance... :rotfl:

On my last trip there was 4 of us, so I had to take the day bed and my brother slept in the "real bed". So everyone but me got a chocolate (heh).

When I stayed at the GF last, they not only had the beds turned down, but the stuffed animals were also watching the Disney Channel with remote in Paw... something that I have to admit they got quite used to and try to steal the remote away from me at every possible chance... :rotfl:

Each night Mousekeeping arranged my big stuffed pluto as if we was waiting for us to come "home", paws crossed, facing the door. It was such a nice Disney touch!

turndowncloseup.jpg

On my last trip there was 4 of us, so I had to take the day bed and my brother slept in the "real bed". So everyone but me got a chocolate (heh).

I didn't even know we got chocolate until our second night. Our first night we got back late (P&PP) and I immediately jumped in the shower to rinse off that lovely splash mountain water. A certain somebody snatched all 4 chocolates and turned the lights off before I was even out. He later confessed the next night when I called him out on it :sad2: Needless to say I have the remaining 12 pieces hiding out in my bed side Disney Mr. Potatohead :rolleyes1

Typhoonlagooner,

Did you get that Pluto at WDW? It is gorgeous!!! We are heading down in August and get to do 5 night Pop, 5 nights POLY!!!! :cool1: :cool1: Never stayed at a deluxe before so this is a big deal for us!!!!

K in SA

Typhoonlagooner,

Did you get that Pluto at WDW? It is gorgeous!!! We are heading down in August and get to do 5 night Pop, 5 nights POLY!!!! :cool1: :cool1: Never stayed at a deluxe before so this is a big deal for us!!!!

K in SA

Trust me, once you stay at a Deluxe Resort, there is no going back to value.

Typhoonlagooner,

K in SA

Sure did... last September!

He is so soft and plush and includes a zipper pouch "in" his belly. He doesn't have that typical stuffed animal fur... it's rather hard to explain actually lol. We purchased him at DTD and they also had Simba, Stitch, and Lucky (101 Dalmations) as other character options. I believe he was $38ish? Definately worth it in my book as most typical sizes are around $25ish.

He makes an AMAZING pillow (has a great floopy-ness to him, if thats even a word lol) and hence why he made a comeback on our trip in March! He seems to get a lot of attention too, especially for the kids at MCO and CMs in the ME line.

Heres another pic to show how "big" he really is!
IMG_2141.jpg

Thank you for the info. Ty,

I love that picture of the 2 of you!!! Both your faces are adorable!!!!:lovestruc Did you get him at the World of Disney store at DTD? My DD8 would love him (and maybe me too....)

K in SA

I stayed a couple of days at ASmusic before the GF in 2005 to extend my trip... I've heard of some who have done it the other way around...They'd have to pull me kicking and screaming out of the deluxe to get me out of there!!! (come to think of it... they sort of have to do that anyway!!! :lmao: )

Thank you for the info. Ty,

I love that picture of the 2 of you!!! Both your faces are adorable!!!!:lovestruc Did you get him at the World of Disney store at DTD? My DD8 would love him (and maybe me too....)

K in SA

Yup...

They have this stuffed animal area located between two departments but I've seen him around some other stores too.

The picture was taken on our ME bus ride back to the airport... that's my Magical Express pout face :guilty:

And I totally agree with Tink rules... it's always best to schedule the deluxe stay AFTER the value cause no way in heck was ASmu looking good after my 4 nights at the GF :snooty:

When I check out will bell services bring my luggage to the lobby so I can check in for the airline? Or do I need to lug it all there myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter