The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I stayed there in December they did pipe in the music on the beach by the volcano pool.

Right.

It does vary. One night, we saw a couple suit types checking on a speaker in some bushes in front of Hawaii during Wishes. That stay it was easy to hear from the beach. Another trip, my family and I sort of huddled around this mushroom type speaker near the accessible ramp to Hawaii. Even then we could barely hear.:rotfl:

And I don't think any of the resorts advertise hearing Wishes. I've never seen CG, Narcoossee's, the GF or the Polynesian advertise it.:confused3
'
LETSGOFAM, Tonga Toast and the Macedamia nut pancages aren't served at 'Ohana (character breakfast). I don't think you can get the press pot there either. All three are available at Kona Cafe which is also on the 2nd floor of the GCH.

And I don't think any of the resorts advertise hearing Wishes. I've never seen CG, Narcoossee's, the GF or the Polynesian advertise it.:confused3
On that subject I don't think you can hear the music for Wishes from the 4th floor observation deck at the Contemporary.

We stayed at the Poly last Sept and the music for Wishes was pretty hard to hear on the beach near the pool. You could hear it, but not very loud at all. We could hear the water parade fine though.

Yeah, my parents are making my DS10's dream come true and have booked the Poly. We aren't going until Nov. but we talk about the trip almost everyday!!! We have requested connecting rooms (GV) in Takelau (1st choice), Rapa Nui, or Tahiti. We can't wait. We have eaten at Kona then watched the fireworks on the beach - but had to go back to another resort - can't believe this time we can just walk back to our room.

Is there any "hidden" gem that we shouldn't miss? How is Capt. Cooks for b'fast and lunch? How is Kona for lunch? We have only been for dinner and loved it. I am trying to decide if we will eat lunch or dinner there the first day. We want to go to EMH(evening) at AK that day.

Any tips and suggestions are appreciated.

What is the "perfect" setting on the in-room fridge?

Leaving in 34 hours!

:banana:

Amy and I just answered on your other thread but....it's 5!

Have a great trip!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

We have a character breakfast at the Poly and I was wondering if we can get the press pot of Kona coffee at that time and also if the tonga toast and macademia (sp) nut pancakes were on the menu as well at that time.

The character breafkast at 'Ohana doesn't serve the pressed pot of Kona coffee, tonga toast or the macadamia nut pancakes. Only Kona Cafe serves all three of those, and Captain Cooks only has the tonga toast.

The character breakfast does have Mickey waffles, big sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, pineapple bread, fresh fruit and my favorite, lilikoi (orange, passionfruit, guava) juice on the menu! Yum! :thumbsup2

Just got back and the Wishes music was piped in on the beach in front of our building, Hawaii. I could hear it from our room. It was awesome! It was Easter week and there were still spots on the beach to watch, but if you wanted a hammock then you might want to get there earlier!

How bad is it there in August? How are the crowds? Temperature? My family says it will be too crowded and too hot, which is why they don't want to go back!! Any ideas to convince them otherwise?!

I'm SO EXCITED to post all of my pictures, but I left my camera cord @ school and won't be back there until April 7th!! But I took a BUNCH of pics and can't wait to share!!

Just got back and the Wishes music was piped in on the beach in front of our building, Hawaii. I could hear it from our room. It was awesome! It was Easter week and there were still spots on the beach to watch, but if you wanted a hammock then you might want to get there earlier!

How bad is it there in August? How are the crowds? Temperature? My family says it will be too crowded and too hot, which is why they don't want to go back!! Any ideas to convince them otherwise?!

I'm SO EXCITED to post all of my pictures, but I left my camera cord @ school and won't be back there until April 7th!! But I took a BUNCH of pics and can't wait to share!!

Thanks for the current update and soooo looking forward to those pics!!:cool1:
38 more sleeps for me and I'll be at the Hawaii bldg too !!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
BTW..a little personal trivia: Last time I stayed in the "Tonga" longhouse (now Hawaii) it was $ 42. per night...scary right??:rolleyes1

BTW..a little personal trivia: Last time I stayed in the "Tonga" longhouse (now Hawaii) it was $ 42. per night...scary right??:rolleyes1

Tonga was the first building we stayed in! I don't remember what we paid though. Wouldn't $42 be nice now!

We'll be there not long after you. Can't wait!!!!:thumbsup2

That's funny - I also count the number of sleeps instead of days with my DDs! We leave in 40 more sleeps before our first trip to the Poly. :banana:

Oh and how I would love to see $42 room rates - I am not even sure you can even find those at Motel6 anymore!

The first two weeks of August are extremely hot with large crowds. When I was a kid that was the only time we could go as my sister was always in summer school every year :mad: so we had to put off our WDW trip until then. We were used to it but I don't like going then. And we weren't staying at the Polynesian! :scared1:

Now the last two weeks of August are still hot but the crowds are minimal. When I took my DD, two nephews and godsister last August around this time, I was stunned at how low the crowds were. Park hours are shorter but that just meant we got to spend lots of time at the pool at the Poly. :cloud9: The only time the crowds got large were on the weekends when the locals hit the parks. If I ever had to go back in the summer, late August is when I would go.

Can't wait to see your trip photos! :thumbsup2

38 more sleeps for us too!!! Maybe we'll see you there! :goodvibes Can't wait!

August is the only month of the year that we haven't stayed at the Polynesian. So I can't tell you from personal experience but it is value season at the Polynesian. So considerably less than Spring break/Easter.

The deluxe resorts just aren't as busy during the hottest, most humid time of the year.

Cinderelly We were at the Poly August 9-13 last year. It wasn't too crowded, but it was so hot and humid I felt like I was melting as soon as I walked out the door. It made for a difficult time in the parks. We decided the summer at WDW is just not for us.
I did hear some people saying that FL was having an exceptionally hot summer, though.

If annual pass rates come out for August, I think we'll be able to go for 3 nights before our bounceback free dining begins!!!! Fingers crossed!!:cloud9:

We also booked the bounceback for August when we were there this month. I should start looking for AP rates, too. Is there a free dining program out right now? Was that part of your bounceback offer?

Thanks for any info!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter