The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please tell me what time the Tambu Lounge opens? I know I've asked this before, but I need to confirm it for my wedding plans. :goodvibes There's conflicting information on the internet (possibly outdated) but I was told it opens much earlier than 5:00. Can anyone confirm?

If I were to book a room with a theme park view. Would that put us in a longhouse that is a long walk from the monorail? I'm debating where to stay on our next visit (our first trip is coming up and is at WL). With small children I was thinking I wanted to try a monorail resort next - either Poly or GF. Both seem to have great features. My concern with the Poly is I've read some of the longhouses is a hike from the transportation areas. Not a problem, unless our twins are passed out - that can make a miserable hike.

I like the idea of a theme park view - but wasn't sure if booking a room with one would insure us of a long hike.

Thanks for any insight.

The buses to/from Downtown Disney seem to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r compared to buses for other destinations. Parking is plentiful at the West Side--right at the lot in front of the Cirque tent. Taxis are plentiful and much quicker than the bus if you don't have a car. :thumbsup2
That's why when my family and I always visit Downtown Disney we will have our own transportation so we can park in the Marketplace parking lot and get there in 15 minutes from the Contemporary, compared to 45 or more minutes when using Disney Transportation.

If I were to book a room with a theme park view. Would that put us in a longhouse that is a long walk from the monorail? I'm debating where to stay on our next visit (our first trip is coming up and is at WL). With small children I was thinking I wanted to try a monorail resort next - either Poly or GF. Both seem to have great features. My concern with the Poly is I've read some of the longhouses is a hike from the transportation areas. Not a problem, unless our twins are passed out - that can make a miserable hike.

I like the idea of a theme park view - but wasn't sure if booking a room with one would insure us of a long hike.

Thanks for any insight.
My advice is to look at a map of the Polynesian and request certin Longhouses with the Magic Kingdom when making the reservation and hopefully WDW will be able to full fill them at check-in.

Can somebody please help me out here? I need to make a special request for a certain building for our July vacation. What does everybody normally do? Do I fax them or email them? If so, what is the email address and the fax number also?? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Caroline

I'm new to this board so if I am asking a question that has already been asked, I apologize in advance. We have just booked a night on the 4th of July GV (all they had) and was wondering if anyone has been there during this time. Do they do anything special for the kids that day or any activities for anyone? I know we will not be going to the MK that night but will want to watch fireworks from the beach at Poly. Can anyone give me some good info because it is getting close to the wire with time and want to know how to plan. Any help appreciated and is anyone else going to be there during this time? Thanks!!!

Hello,

We also have a GV room booked at the Poly for July2-7th. Can't wait....I believe there is a schedule that you can pick up when you check in with things to do for the kids.

Can somebody please help me out here? I need to make a special request for a certain building for our July vacation. What does everybody normally do? Do I fax them or email them? If so, what is the email address and the fax number also?? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Caroline

Here's the contact info:
Disney's Polynesian Resort
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: (407) 824-2000
Fax: (407) 824-3174

Everything I've read says to call in your request and have it added to your reservation. From what I understand, you call the reservations number.

Be careful of those birds; One time they did poop all over our patio; I will never walk outside without my flipflops.
I never saw a bunny, though. I think that would be nice. :thumbsup2

Man, that is the reason we never request 1st floor anymore. Several Summers ago we got a first floor room and the ducks were constantly pooping all over the patio. It got so bad that I was using room towels to wipe it up because it was difficult to walk around on the patio without stepping in it! Maybe there was a duck stomach virus going around at the time.:rotfl2:

Polynesian bunny, taken 11/07:

Disney056.jpg

SeaSpray,

Can you tell me (or point me to the correct post #) a bit more about the transportation? There is a monorail you can catch at the Poly and one you can catch at the TTC. What are the stops and in what order? The same for the boat. I know it goes to the GF, but are there any other stops and what is the order of the route? And the different buses have me confused as well. :confused3

Thanks. This wonderful thread has become so popular that I cannot find the info if it is already here. I did read post #12 regarding the transportation, but would appreciate your further help.

Thanks again!

Cyndi

We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary at the Poly in December (our anniversary is October 24, but work obligations won't let us get away until December). I want to suprise DH with something wonderful delivered to our room on our arrival day...any suggestions for what and how to order?

Thanks in advance! I am LOVING this thread!!

Does anyone know if I can order special treats (chocolates, pastries, cakes, etc) at the Polynesian??? Thank you!

My TA just contacted me and told me that they had Bay Lake View rooms available at CR and also Poly LCL. Thought about it and decided to do CL only because of not having to spend money on food for the 5 of us and the view. My daughter justed turned 3 yesterday so she gets a little scard of "the booms". Daisylove, do you have any kids?

Does anyone know if Disney does anything special for the 4th at any resorts. I guess no one has been there during this time. CR fan, I know you are a CR expert, but do you know if the Poly does anything special or CR or GF? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if Disney does anything special for the 4th at any resorts. I guess no one has been there during this time. CR fan, I know you are a CR expert, but do you know if the Poly does anything special or CR or GF? Your input would be greatly appreciated.
I am not sure what the Resorts do for July 4th, because my family and I have not been to WDW during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter