The New (Part 4) WL FAQ Thread...Just the Facts M'am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by QJ411
Hi everyone,

Are all Jr. suites/deluxe rooms NON-SMOKING? Thanks.

Good ?.....I wish I had the answer but I don't....hopefully someone else will be by with and answer.

Originally posted by AspiringCindy
_________________________________________-
Thanks for moving the info for me!:D
Ratpack, the info is for you!

Thanks AC and Magic. I have changed my ressie to room 5060, but that gets me closer to the loading area. It didn't bother us too much with room 6060, but not sure if one floor lower would be that much worse or not. Also, not sure you can see the castle from 5th floor. Anyone have a better room number for 5th floor standard that I could request?

Ratpack,

Your welcome, I'm going to try and find out more information on this when I visit next month.

Prayers and Pixie Dust for Roy.

Ratpack, The only rooms I could come up with are:

5034-Woodsview with a view of both castle and fireworks! It seems we haven't had a lot of response from people who have stayed standard at WL!

...and pixie dust to FC:rolleyes: !

Hey, anyone catch Super Millionaire last night?? The first contestant, Todd Kim, was really funny! I especially loved how Regis kept calling him KIMMER!! So, my ?? is this: shouldn't they send ME some of that $500,000 moolah that he won last night....::yes:: ??

Current Temp at WL : 68* and Rain!
Sunrise: 6:57am
Sunset: 6:211pm

TODAY

Cloudy. Showers likely and isolated afternoon thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

TONIGHT

Cloudy. Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight. Chance of rain 70 percent.

WEDNESDAY

Widespread showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Considerable cloudiness. Scattered showers. Lows around 60. Northwest winds 5 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

WL Zipadee Do Dah Tip for the Day:

RAIN AGAIN!!!! Grab a poncho and head to the parks!! Many people won't brave the rain and the parks are slower.
Or, if rain isn't your thing, head to Downtown Disney for a day of shopping ( my favorite part of Disney!!) Afterward, head back to the Lodge and pick up a treat from Roaring Forks and watch the rain from one of the many sitting areas in the Lobby or 4th Floor!

Originally posted by HughJackman'n'me
...and pixie dust to FC:rolleyes: !

Hey, anyone catch Super Millionaire last night?? The first contestant, Todd Kim, was really funny! I especially loved how Regis kept calling him KIMMER!! So, my ?? is this: shouldn't they send ME some of that $500,000 moolah that he won last night....::yes:: ??

::yes:: ::yes::

Tornado Watch 13 Is In Effect Until 4:00 PM EST For The Following Locations:

242100 -

Fl . Florida Counties Included Are

Brevard Citrus Hernando Hillsborough Lake Marion Orange Osceola Pasco Pinellas Polk Seminole Sumter Volusia

Sigh..it's slightly snowing here today...oh how I miss the lodge...:(

I can't wait to walk into that lobby again and smell the woods, and hear the laughs from WC...oh man...I miss it...WAAHHHHHHHH

Originally posted by FloridaCat
I have created a chit chat thread on the community board for us called Humphrey's Home

Please anyone that would like to join us in our WL day-dreaming just pop over and jump right in...we WL Vets love to have everyone visit, and stay awhile.

Humphrey’s Home

Current Temp in the World: 61* and Raining

Today: Thunderstorms likely. High 77F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Rainfall possibly over one inch.

Tonight: Scattered thunderstorms this evening followed by a chance of showers overnight. Low 59F. ENE winds shifting to S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Tomorrow: Cloudy with a few showers. High 71F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tomorrow night: Mostly cloudy. Low 53F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

WL Zipadee Do Dah Tip for the Day:

Stay warm and dry in your Lodge Lobby today. Lightning and thunder outside is perfect for games inside! Try checkers! The ARCADE!!!

I have a question. You know how some people ask about upgrading to concierge at check in? Usually it is an extra amount ($30 or so) per day added onto the room cost.

What I would like to know is this. If I had a woods view reservation for WL, is it possible for me, at check in, to asked about upgrading to a courtyard view? I don't mean a free upgrade, I mean like they do with paying extra for concierge. Has anyone ever done this. Is this possible? What was the extra cost per night?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:D

Looking for some clarification on the location of smoking rooms at WL.

Are they located on the North side of the North wing or BOTH the North and South side of the North wing? (on the 6th floor)

Thanks in advance. :sunny:

WL is known for upgrading to Courtyard when courtyard is not sold out and...judging from your clock, you will be there in May(and not during a holiday or when kids are out of school). You have a good chance of being upgraded anyway! See what happens when you are checking in. If they say you have been upgraded...then it is done. If not, inquire about upgrading at that time! Unless, you can not live without courtyard view? In that case it would be wise to secure a courtyard room ahead of time. Me personally, I'm a gambling gal...and would bet you have a decent possibility of getting the upgrade for free at check-in. Just know:IT IS NO GUARANTEE!
Originally posted by dizneykid
I have a question. You know how some people ask about upgrading to concierge at check in? Usually it is an extra amount ($30 or so) per day added onto the room cost.

What I would like to know is this. If I had a woods view reservation for WL, is it possible for me, at check in, to asked about upgrading to a courtyard view? I don't mean a free upgrade, I mean like they do with paying extra for concierge. Has anyone ever done this. Is this possible? What was the extra cost per night?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:D
[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh, I would LOVE an upgrade when I get there in September! Does anyone care to give me the odds that I'll get one? We're booked standard view right now, which is totally fine with me anyway, but an upgrade would be gravy :)

Thanks AspiringCindy,

We usually book Courtyard and the only reason I have Woodsview right now is because I got the discount with the Disney Visa card. They didn't have any Courtyard views in that discount. So, I took what I could get, saved alot of money though.

What you said is good thinking, I think that maybe I will take a chance. Just being able to get away and enjoy is enough for me. Thanks again. :D

Like I stated before, "there are no guarantees"! Last year, we reserved a standard view during Aug. and found at check-in that we had been upgraded to courtyard. A very nice bonus...but not expected! Generally, Sept. is not very busy, but it all depends on how booked the hotel is!
Originally posted by keriannhoward
Ohhhh, I would LOVE an upgrade when I get there in September! Does anyone care to give me the odds that I'll get one? We're booked standard view right now, which is totally fine with me anyway, but an upgrade would be gravy :)

No matter "where" I am (ie: CR, Poly, GF...), I LOVE to see the CASTLE. ::yes:: After all, courtyards are in abundance. There is only ONE Castle. It creates a sense of "extra" magic, enhancing our stay. We have always loved sitting and gazing at this beautiful structure, especially at night. America is nearly devoid of castles, and few in the world are as beautiful as Cinderella's!!
normal_pic009.jpg
fireworks.jpg
cindcastle.jpg
casaer.jpg
castl2.jpg

TTFN...DF99

:wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter