• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are going to stay at SoG for 1 night in June. My IL's are coming to visit us and Dh and I usually go to WDW for my birthday, which falls while they are here, so I am trying to convince them to go down. I think we will need a little bit more room than our usual at Pop and I think the price is just a bit less.

Now, I just have to convince them to go along with it. My MIL told me to choose where I wanted to go to eat, no matter what it cost and I want to go to Raglan Road. We can do a whole day at MK and hit DHS for SWW the next morning for a few hours, then head home. They say they've been to DL, they live close by, why not take them to WDW.

We are going to WDW September 17 for 5 nights and have decided to stay at SOG. My sister and her husband will be there at the same time, but are not eligible, and also want to stay at GF. My question is, they are driving and we are flying. If we want to go out for dinner offsite, can they come to our resort to pick us up? I have read that only eligible guests are allowed at SOG. I guess we could meet them at the Poly or even at their resort, but its just so convenient for them to pick us up. Also since my DH is a combat veteran (this is why we can are going in September), and not currently enlisted or retired, could someone explain how to buy Disney tix? Can we buy onsite at SOG? Thanks!

1. Yes they can pick you up.
2. Good question. I would think that if you are eligble to stay in Sept you should be able to buy tickets too. And they are availalbe on site. You may get an email a couple weeks before check in with a form to preorder your tickets. Do it. They will be at the front desk at check in and you don't have to wait at the ticket office.

Another question.... It was my understanding that SoG did not provide transportation from MCO to SoG.... However a friend of mine said her husband told her they did? (If it matters they are staying in one of the larger suites since they have a large family). Is she mistaken?

Random-- Are the mini fridges big enough to hold a gallon of milk?

I don't think it is big enough for a gallon container, but you could buy a couple quart sizes and they will fit in the door. We always bring our plug in cooler for extra cold storage.

Another question.... It was my understanding that SoG did not provide transportation from MCO to SoG.... However a friend of mine said her husband told her they did? (If it matters they are staying in one of the larger suites since they have a large family). Is she mistaken?

SOG does not provide transportation from the airport. Perhaps they were referred to Mears or another towncar service. Either way, they have to pay for it.

I don't think it is big enough for a gallon container, but you could buy a couple quart sizes and they will fit in the door. We always bring our plug in cooler for extra cold storage.

SOG does not provide transportation from the airport. Perhaps they were referred to Mears or another towncar service. Either way, they have to pay for it.

Thats what I thought.. She might have misunderstood him since hes made all the plans. We're already planning a Disney date for her husband, her, and i. I'll make sure I bring it up so their 4 kids arent stuck lol

I was wondering how the area is around the Magnolia pool. I'm thinking of requesting a balcony room near there so we can access the hot tub easily. Has anyone stayed in that area or am I better off asking to stay on the other side of the resort? This trip it is just dh and I so we are planning to relax alot.

Anyone know the answer to this...we are leaving in 5 days and I would like to know before we get there. Thanks!

Magnolia pool info.

Many years ago we stayed in a 2nd floor room facing magnolia pool. To be specific, if you come down the window corridor and turn right at the end of the hall, we were the first corner room on the right. I really enjoyed it. I spent time by the pool and time on the balcony. The view was nice. At that time (2006), I did not find that pool to have excess noise, but it did get busy during the day more than previous years (1999 and 2001), but still not as busy as the Mickey pool. We no longer utilize the pools since they shut down Evergreens, so I can't comment on current stuff. Just thought I would answer the question since nobody else did.

Hint: If you get a poolview room, it puts you on the ground level, giving you the ability to leave the room through the sliding glass door, which will lock behind you. It might cost a little extra, but depending on how much you use the pool or hot tub, it could be worth it. I have also heard previous reports that the teens like to hang out in the hot tub as well, so I am not sure exactly what sort of relaxing experience you are looking for.

Wow! Just 8 ... can you see my green? :lmao::thumbsup2

LOL at the 8's.. We have 8 weeks till we go.. :cool1: I just booked the Wishes dessert party so all of my ressies are complete. We are doing a couple new places to eat this time and would love any input..

Hoop de Doo
Sci Fi
Via Napoli
Wishes Dessert party
PLUS, we are going to DTD for the first time, So Earl of Sandwich I heard is a must.. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Magnolia pool info.

Many years ago we stayed in a 2nd floor room facing magnolia pool. To be specific, if you come down the window corridor and turn right at the end of the hall, we were the first corner room on the right. I really enjoyed it. I spent time by the pool and time on the balcony. The view was nice. At that time (2006), I did not find that pool to have excess noise, but it did get busy during the day more than previous years (1999 and 2001), but still not as busy as the Mickey pool. We no longer utilize the pools since they shut down Evergreens, so I can't comment on current stuff. Just thought I would answer the question since nobody else did.

Hint: If you get a poolview room, it puts you on the ground level, giving you the ability to leave the room through the sliding glass door, which will lock behind you. It might cost a little extra, but depending on how much you use the pool or hot tub, it could be worth it. I have also heard previous reports that the teens like to hang out in the hot tub as well, so I am not sure exactly what sort of relaxing experience you are looking for.

WE always choose to be by the Magnolia Pool for the hot tub in the evening. It's one of our favorite parts of the day. We've only once had a problem with a belligerent teen in the hot tub (alcohol was definitely a factor). It was obvious he wasn't the service member so my husband asked him who his sponsor was and he said it was his grandfather. So my husband suggested that he was going to go to the front desk, and find out where his grandfather was; so he and his friend left the hot tub, and we never saw them again. There are also security cameras aimed at the hot tub, and the guard does walk around and check that area often.

Updated our nights from march 1-8 to feb 28-mar 7. SoG is always so easy to work with.... this is my 3rd time switching dates. Theyre so awesome and easy!!

LOL at the 8's.. We have 8 weeks till we go.. :cool1: I just booked the Wishes dessert party so all of my ressies are complete. We are doing a couple new places to eat this time and would love any input..

Hoop de Doo
Sci Fi
Via Napoli
Wishes Dessert party
PLUS, we are going to DTD for the first time, So Earl of Sandwich I heard is a must.. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I must warn you Sci Fi is horrible. We ate there one day because Dh wanted to and the food was terrible, the atmosphere was cutsey, but I will never go back. Well, I heard a couple of reviews from friends and if I had heard them before, I would have skipped it.

We did Hoop De Doo for the first time and it was sooo much fun adn we did the dessert party for the second time and it was fun too and handled much better than the first time we went.

Earl of Sandwich is really good, as is Cookes of Dublin and Raglan Rd.

Updated our nights from march 1-8 to feb 28-mar 7. SoG is always so easy to work with.... this is my 3rd time switching dates. Theyre so awesome and easy!!

Ohhhh, you'll be there for the 24 hours that MK is open, are you going to attempt it? I would so love to give it a try.

Ok, so I have a question. If I book a room for Dh and I and then need to add my In-laws, can they just add them and we pay the extra fee, or do I need to go ahead and put them on it just in case???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter