The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread will be busy for a while, and then quiet back down. :confused3

I like to keep up with it even though there's no telling when we'll be back to SOG...

I am hoping to get back to Shades in May. It all depends on the $$ situation, though. But, as I stated in an earlier post: I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go! NNNNOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!! :lmao:

I am just waiting for hubby to say the word and I'm booking ASAP!! Hopefully for the first week in December.

Me too. It's going to be a long time until the next vacation. With the way we are working, we can't even run off for the weekend!

I am just waiting for hubby to say the word and I'm booking ASAP!! Hopefully for the first week in December.

Just letting you know, December 6-14th is completely booked at SOG. Unless someone has cancelled within the past two days. I was planning a trip for a family friend who is in the Army and they wanted to stay at SOG.

We checked in on 10/10 for 5 nights. We had preordered the $138 tickets and they were there when we checked in. We had stayed at the Orlando Peabody over the weekend so we got to SOG by 9:30 am and we were able to check in and go to our room immediately. That was great as we headed out to AK for most of the day. We did 4 days in the parks and took Thurs off to go to DTD and do laundry before we went to HDDR. We ate breakfast one morning in Garden Gallery and ate 3 other mornings at the express cafe and one at Kona. The rest of our meals were at WDW restaurants. We walked as much as previous trips (10-11 miles per day) since most days we walked to the Poly or TTC. We also had drinks at Evergreens on night, but that was the only time we spent there.

Just letting you know, December 6-14th is completely booked at SOG. Unless someone has cancelled within the past two days. I was planning a trip for a family friend who is in the Army and they wanted to stay at SOG.
I would call back every day and check on availability. People are always canceling.

I'm currently at Shades. Raytheon is sponsoring a complimentary character breakfast on Tuesday Nov 1st. Sign up in lobby on the 30th or 31st to secure your reservation time. Call guest services for more info.

I'm currently at Shades.

If you are eating at any of the restaurants, please take mental notes and give us a review once you return.

Have enough fun for all of us. It has been too long since I last visited. I need a vacation. Would love to make it that way next fall, but realistically, I don't see it happening until 2013. Just don't have time.

I'm currently at Shades. Raytheon is sponsoring a complimentary character breakfast on Tuesday Nov 1st. Sign up in lobby on the 30th or 31st to secure your reservation time. Call guest services for more info.

I saw that info when we were there two weeks ago.

I'm excited for the free Raytheon breakfast. We're going to be at Shades for TWO WEEKS starting Saturday and Nov. 1 is one of our out-of-park days, so that works out PERFECTLY! :)

I'm excited for the free Raytheon breakfast. We're going to be at Shades for TWO WEEKS starting Saturday and Nov. 1 is one of our out-of-park days, so that works out PERFECTLY! :)

Does anyone have any details of this breakfast? Is it in the Garden Gallery, or is it in a separate part of the hotel? What foods does this free breakfast offer? I wouldn't have a need for this perk, but was just curious. It sounds like a neat thing for the kids. We did Chef Mickey's over 10 years ago and had a blast.

Does anyone have any details of this breakfast? Is it in the Garden Gallery, or is it in a separate part of the hotel? What foods does this free breakfast offer? I wouldn't have a need for this perk, but was just curious. It sounds like a neat thing for the kids. We did Chef Mickey's over 10 years ago and had a blast.
What I posted is the sum total of the info posted on a placard in the lobby.
Call guest services for more info.

Since we're talking about free food. If some of you already don't know, participating restaurants are giving away free meals from selected menus to retired, active and reserve military. It's one free meal per i.d.
Here are the dates and restaurants:

November 7th - 11th:
Outback (Free Bloomin Onion and Coke Product - With purchase of entree)

November 11:

Applebees
Chilis
Hooters
Krispy Kreme (One free doughnut)
McCormick and Schmicks
Subway (Free Six Inch Sub @ Participating Locations)
Texas Roadhouse (Open to 4pm only)
Uno Chicago (BoGo pizza or entree)

November 11th-13th:
**National Parks (No entry fee)
**Sport Clips will donate a dollar with every haircut, and also taking old cellphones to go towards Operation Uplink - Which provides cellphones for members and disabled veterans to call home
**Sam's Club will be distributing free canes to veterans in need of assistance, membership not needed proof of military service is.
**Historic Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg (Not sure of the details for family members, but military personnel's ticket is complimentary)

November 11th-14th

T.G.I. Fridays (BoGo)

November 14th
Golden Corral Military Appreciation Monday (Available to any who served)

Ongoing til the end of the year:

**Anheuser Busch Here's to the Heroes (Eligible parks include: Adventure Island, Busch Gardens (Tampa Bay or Williamsburg), SeaWorld (Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio), Sesame Place, and Water Country USA. Not valid at Discovery Cove and Aquatica.) Available for military member and up to 3 other dependents.

I will update the list if any other deals come through.

Ongoing til the end of the year:[/B]
**Anheuser Busch Here's to the Heroes (Eligible parks include: Adventure Island, Busch Gardens (Tampa Bay or Williamsburg), SeaWorld (Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio), Sesame Place, and Water Country USA. Not valid at Discovery Cove and Aquatica.) Available for military member and up to 3 other dependents.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Seaworld extends the free entrance offer through next year. If they do I think we'll venture there in June.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Seaworld extends the free entrance offer through next year. If they do I think we'll venture there in June.

I'm pretty sure they will extend it. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't they've had it for years.

Since we're talking about free food. If some of you already don't know, participating restaurants are giving away free meals from selected menus to retired, active and reserve military. It's one free meal per i.d.
Here are the dates and restaurants:

November 7th - 11th:
Outback (Free Bloomin Onion and Coke Product - With purchase of entree)

November 11:

Applebees
Chilis
Hooters
Krispy Kreme (One free doughnut)
McCormick and Schmicks
Subway (Free Six Inch Sub @ Participating Locations)
Texas Roadhouse (Open to 4pm only)
Uno Chicago (BoGo pizza or entree)

November 11th-13th:
**National Parks (No entry fee)
**Sport Clips will donate a dollar with every haircut, and also taking old cellphones to go towards Operation Uplink - Which provides cellphones for members and disabled veterans to call home
**Sam's Club will be distributing free canes to veterans in need of assistance, membership not needed proof of military service is.
**Historic Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg (Not sure of the details for family members, but military personnel's ticket is complimentary)

November 11th-14th

T.G.I. Fridays (BoGo)

November 14th
Golden Corral Military Appreciation Monday (Available to any who served)

Ongoing til the end of the year:

An update on the offers. I called my local Texas Roadhouse and McCormick and Schmicks. Texas Roadhouse is offering the free meal to the immediate service member/veteran ONLY. No dependents even with i.d. card. McCormick and Schmicks is only for veterans. These are based on the locations in Virginia Beach, VA.

Colonial Williamsburg update, they are offering the ticket to the immediate service member and dependents (e.g. spouses, children) no aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters..etc. They are also offering the free ticket to deployed members spouses and immediate family ("Free “Honoring Service to America” tickets will be provided to immediate dependants of currently deployed troops, with appropriate identification.") I believe it is the same for Jamestowne and Yorktown. Because they are sponsored by the National Park Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter