The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it skipped far enough not to send anything to FL, Irene (snicker, also my MIL's name) is headed for NC.

Suzanne

I saw that the eye was off the coast of Florida, thankfully. I was just wondering if any of it's impact got that far inland. Since the storm is reported to be 400 or more miles wide, there's no telling how far it reached.

Prayers are with those in its direct path ... including my brother who lives out on the very tip of Cape Cod. Have not heard from him ... hoping he is too busy evacuating.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer in a search...

Can you use the military Star Card (AAFES) to purchase theme park tickets at SOG?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer in a search...

Can you use the military Star Card (AAFES) to purchase theme park tickets at SOG?

I don't think so, the only place we actually used it was the AAFES store, and I am thinking that was the only place we could use it.

I saw that the eye was off the coast of Florida, thankfully. I was just wondering if any of it's impact got that far inland. Since the storm is reported to be 400 or more miles wide, there's no telling how far it reached.

Prayers are with those in its direct path ... including my brother who lives out on the very tip of Cape Cod. Have not heard from him ... hoping he is too busy evacuating.

Last I heard, It was still headed straight for NC, it had lessened in strength, but still pretty strong.

My SIL is in CT, she didn't act like they were going to do anything in preparation, her mother flew in last night, I think I would have waited a few days. They are usually pretty sensible people.

This will be our 4th year in a row at Shades and I was wondering if anyone puts magnets on their doors. We sailed on the Disney Dream last April and a lot of people (including us) decorate our doors with Disney related magnets.. I have 1 that is Mickey Mouse dressed in a Navy uniform and it says "Proud to Serve." Has anyone seen any doors with magnets on them? :confused3

In the past, we have always gone to WDW and then cruised, so this is my first time getting to SOG from the cruise terminal. What have you done to get to SOG? There is always a car service. Anyone taken the DCL transportation to the Poly, and then the Shady Shuttle up the hill? Just typing that made it sound like more hassle than it's worth. My worry is that once we exit the ship, we're stuck waiting at the curb--me, two kids, and three suitcases--if the car service is late... and we haven't had the best luck with prompt car service.

We sailed the Dream last April and then spent 5 days at Shades after..We had a rental car because the cost was less than a shuttle..

This will be our 4th year in a row at Shades and I was wondering if anyone puts magnets on their doors. We sailed on the Disney Dream last April and a lot of people (including us) decorate our doors with Disney related magnets.. I have 1 that is Mickey Mouse dressed in a Navy uniform and it says "Proud to Serve." Has anyone seen any doors with magnets on them? :confused3

I have not seen anyone but me put magnets on their doors. :confused3 But I do every year. I put a lime green mickey head (the ones from Home Depot that represent DISers) on my door. Maybe I will put more up on our next trip.

Maybe we can start the ball rolling and everyone will follow suit. It would be fun to see if all the doors start popping up all decorated. :banana:

BTW, where did you get that Mickey? I would love to have one in an Army uniform too.:thumbsup2

I don't remember seeing any type of decorations on room doors at SOG, it would be nice though, wouldn't it?

We sailed the Dream last April and then spent 5 days at Shades after..We had a rental car because the cost was less than a shuttle..

If you make arrangements for the rental, after you disembark you can call and the rental company will pick you up. I know Avis will so I'm sure that any car rental place at Port Canaveral will pick you up.

I have not seen anyone but me put magnets on their doors. :confused3 But I do every year. I put a lime green mickey head (the ones from Home Depot that represent DISers) on my door. Maybe I will put more up on our next trip.

Maybe we can start the ball rolling and everyone will follow suit. It would be fun to see if all the doors start popping up all decorated. :banana:

BTW, where did you get that Mickey? I would love to have one in an Army uniform too.:thumbsup2

Guess we were typing about the same time. I'm glad someone decorated, just never have seen it.:goodvibes

Sounds like a good idea. Wonder if they would freak on us if people started doing that?:rolleyes: As long as it isn't taped I don't think they would have anything to complain about.

Whereever did you get a Mickey like that, I would love one in an Army uniform for my minivan

Guess we were typing about the same time. I'm glad someone decorated, just never have seen it.:goodvibes

Sounds like a good idea. Wonder if they would freak on us if people started doing that?:rolleyes: As long as it isn't taped I don't think they would have anything to complain about.

Love all my door decorating people...If you head over to ther Disney Cruise page then there are all kinds of great people who do Graphics for free.. They are some VERY talented people who are very gracious with their time and talent.. I have only had 2 designed with personalization and the rest are just their awesome designs that are in their links..I will locate the links for you all.. Lets start a trend.... ;-)

Love all my door decorating people...If you head over to ther Disney Cruise page then there are all kinds of great people who do Graphics for free.. They are some VERY talented people who are very gracious with their time and talent.. I have only had 2 designed with personalization and the rest are just their awesome designs that are in their links..I will locate the links for you all.. Lets start a trend.... ;-)

I'm IN! :banana:

I had thought that the Ticket Office at Shades was open until 9pm on Saturday and Sunday, but the website says til 7pm daily? Can anyone tell me if they are open later on the weekend? We arrive late in the evening on a Saturday and won't make it there by 7pm.

I had thought that the Ticket Office at Shades was open until 9pm on Saturday and Sunday, but the website says til 7pm daily? Can anyone tell me if they are open later on the weekend? We arrive late in the evening on a Saturday and won't make it there by 7pm.

Not sure about the hours of the ticket office, but I have heard you can order your tickets before you get there so they will be at the registration desk waiting for you when you check in.

Not sure about the hours of the ticket office, but I have heard you can order your tickets before you get there so they will be at the registration desk waiting for you when you check in.

This would be so great if it is true.. :cool1: How did you hear about this? I will definetly be doing this when we go in April for sure...

ProudToserveArmymh.jpg

Armylogomh.png

I found some Army Mickey Mouse pictures for those of you that requested them... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter