The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, every time we've asked for adjoining rooms at SOG we've gotten them. I had one person tell me on the phone that since we had two rooms booked under the same sponsor we would have adjoining rooms other times I've been told it's no guarantee but they do everything in their power to make sure you get the connecting rooms if that's your first request. So, I won't say everyone who asks gets the adjoining rooms, but I will say I've had better luck getting them at SOG than I have other resorts on property.

When I made my reservation, I was specifically told I would NOT have adjoining rooms since "poolside rooms are not adjoining" :confused3 YES, we had adjoining poolside rooms. It didn't really matter one way or the other but I thought it was funny what the reservationist told me and what we ended up with.

We choose not sat at SOG this year because with the 40% off promo when you take our room rate, add parking at SOG , and than parking at the parks it was cheaper to stay at a WDW mod. So my question is can we still go there for tickets and how does the SeaWorld/Bush Gardens tickets work? I know we will be given 4 tickets ( 4 family members)but can we use 2 at Sea World and 2 at Busch Gardens are do they all have to be used at once?

Re: SW - No, you can't get 4 tickets to use on different days or at different parks. The servicemember can get a free ticket for him/herself plus all their id-carrying dependants (spouse and non-adult kids) at the park on the day of use. So when you go to SW, you go to guest services, show ID and give them the name and birthdate of each dependant, spouse and kids must show mil ID as well at that time. Then they issue tickets for THAT day. Then when you go to the gate to use them, you all have to show ID AGAIN at the gate (except the kids under 10) You can do this once per year at any AB theme park (SW, Busch Gardens, Sesame Place) per servicemember and I don't think there is a limit to how many (so if you have 8 kids you can get 10 tickets).

Re: SW - No, you can't get 4 tickets to use on different days or at different parks. The servicemember can get a free ticket for him/herself plus all their id-carrying dependants (spouse and non-adult kids) at the park on the day of use. So when you go to SW, you go to guest services, show ID and give them the name and birthdate of each dependant, spouse and kids must show mil ID as well at that time. Then they issue tickets for THAT day. Then when you go to the gate to use them, you all have to show ID AGAIN at the gate (except the kids under 10) You can do this once per year at any AB theme park (SW, Busch Gardens, Sesame Place) per servicemember and I don't think there is a limit to how many (so if you have 8 kids you can get 10 tickets).

theres a limit of 3 dependants..

http://www.herosalute.com/states/index.html

You can either fill it out online, or gust go to the park and do it there. I've done it both ways at Sea World.

I just got back a day ago and I have to admit we were a wee bit dissapoiinted in out poolside room. We staying in a poolside by the mickey pool w/ one sink and it just seemed much smaller than the other 2 sink one we stayed in. We were in room 140 and the air conditioner thumped (sounded like someone was knocking on our door) everytime it shut off. The drain in the bathroom tub was extremely slow to drain (plug was broken) . Also, when we got there the computers were down and the woman behind the counter was extremely short with me. Dont get me wrong I still love shades (clean , i like the buses and people who stay there) but it just wasnt as nice as when I stayed in 2008:confused3

I just got back a day ago and I have to admit we were a wee bit dissapoiinted in out poolside room. We staying in a poolside by the mickey pool w/ one sink and it just seemed much smaller than the other 2 sink one we stayed in. We were in room 140 and the air conditioner thumped (sounded like someone was knocking on our door) everytime it shut off. The drain in the bathroom tub was extremely slow to drain (plug was broken) . Also, when we got there the computers were down and the woman behind the counter was extremely short with me. Dont get me wrong I still love shades (clean , i like the buses and people who stay there) but it just wasnt as nice as when I stayed in 2008:confused3

I don't think it was just your tub ~ we had the same problem as did my daughter in her room and I heard several people complaining about it :(

I don't think it was just your tub ~ we had the same problem as did my daughter in her room and I heard several people complaining about it :(

We were in the "newly renovated" old section as well and had the same tub issues (slow to drain although not horrible) and broken plug. You'd think this would be stuff they'd address while "rennovating" :confused3

Great News, the Armed Forces Salute has been extended through September 2012.

Details are still emerging but Disney confirmed to me the the offer has been extended

Very exciting news!

Yeah! that means for our Oct 10-15 stay we can buy the 4 day plus a one day regular ticket instead of the 5 day ticket we were going to get and save more money. We already have a discounted room.

This is GREAT. I just wished they had a 5 day like they did two years ago. However.....this is NICE too. :thumbsup2

I have a question, I'm not sure if it has been addressed before. My father (retired Navy) is sponsering 3 rooms for family members, we are all going to be arriving at different times on the same day, will we be able to get on SoG grounds and just wait in the lobby until he arrives or will we have to wait on him to get through the gate?

I have a question, I'm not sure if it has been addressed before. My father (retired Navy) is sponsering 3 rooms for family members, we are all going to be arriving at different times on the same day, will we be able to get on SoG grounds and just wait in the lobby until he arrives or will we have to wait on him to get through the gate?

You should be able to get in and wait in the lobby. Just tell them at the gate what the sponsor's name is. I sponsored some friends one year and they got there several hours before me and had no problem getting in. They were even able to get their room before I got there. The front desk just called my cell to verify. Don't know if they are doing things the same way, but you should not have any problems.

O.T. but today my son Steve (23yrs old) leaves for his 1 yr tour in Afghanistan:sad:..Ive been through many deployments with his dad....but something about sending your child over is a whole different feeling.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter