• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nancy. I know this map has been posted here before, but there are so many pages now that it would be tough to find it. So, I am reposting it here for your convenience. Have a blast!!! :thumbsup2 As far as Evergreens, it use to be one of faves too, but it has gone downhill...at least, the last time I went, which was last May. I would like to think it has gotten better since then, but, according to comments here, I have my doubts.

shadesmap2.jpg

Hi there! We are heading to SOG on April 4th and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a map of the property. Also, years ago, before they changed Evergreens, it was one of our favorite places to eat. Has it changed alot?

Thanks! :surfweb:

Hi Nancy, I put a couple up for you to download here

OOPS, didn't see the previous

Were there any specials the month of Jan. this year.. as far as rates go? I am wondering if this is something that SOG does most Jan. We stayed at SOG twice in Jan. a few years ago. There were no special rates then.

I have only stayed in the golf course view rooms, which are in the new section (I think) Are the rooms in the old section similar? Not sure if I would like request the older section to be closer to the pools this time or stick with the new section and the relaxing views.

I can't read 145 pages to find the answer so forgive me if this has been posted before.
My sister is going to go with me to WDW in May. I have an AP and will be staying at my DVC. She will buy the discounted 4 day tickets for herself and friend and was planning on buying them for my son and grandson at the same time. She will be going to the parks with us at least one or two of the days and I know she has to be with us the first day we go so they can validate them.
Can my son use the tickets himself after she leaves or does she have to be with us each of the days he uses the military tickets?
Also, we want to go to Universal at the end of our trip. Can she buy tickets at SOG and we use them ourselves or does she have to be with us when we go there to validate the tickets? she has to get back to work after 3 days so she won't be going to Universal. If the tickets have to be validated we will jsut get them at the gate ourselves.

I can't read 145 pages to find the answer so forgive me if this has been posted before.
My sister is going to go with me to WDW in May. I have an AP and will be staying at my DVC. She will buy the discounted 4 day tickets for herself and friend and was planning on buying them for my son and grandson at the same time. She will be going to the parks with us at least one or two of the days and I know she has to be with us the first day we go so they can validate them.
Can my son use the tickets himself after she leaves or does she have to be with us each of the days he uses the military tickets?
Also, we want to go to Universal at the end of our trip. Can she buy tickets at SOG and we use them ourselves or does she have to be with us when we go there to validate the tickets? she has to get back to work after 3 days so she won't be going to Universal. If the tickets have to be validated we will jsut get them at the gate ourselves.

No she would ONLY have to be there for the first day so that she can activate them. Actually she can activate them at Downtown Disney (your son and grandson would need to be there to give the cast member names and birthdays) and she would not even have to be with you for any of the park days.

As far as I know...when buying tickets for other parks at SOG...you actually get the park pass for that park....so she would ONLY have to purchase them at SOG. Unless they have changed something, we bought Universal park passes two years ago and were given actual park passes.

I have three early morning (to us!) reservations booked for April.

4/26 8:10 at Akerhaus at Epcot
4/27 8:10a at Crystal Palace
4/28 8:00a O'Hanas.

Can anyone tell me if it will be difficult to get to these breakfasts using Shades of Green transportation?

'Ohana and CP will be easy as you can walk to the Poly for the first and then take the monorail for the second.

I am not sure what time the bus begins for Epcot. I think the Epcot bus is every 30 min but the AK bus was hourly...you could always take a taxi, usually around $10 and no waiting.

Can you get the dining plan through SOG?! Oh my word - I hope so! My kids were really excited about that and I just assumed it was possible!!!

Nope. You are not eligible for the Disney dining plans while staying at SOG. Dining plan doesn't thrill me though so I wouldn't use it even if it was free and we were staying at a Disney resort. We are waaay to spontaneous to be tied to ADR's (unless you get the quick service plan). With dining plans you have to make reservations for all your table service meals and some need to be made 180 days in advance. I might make a couple for a 10 day vacation but that's it. We like to tour, eat and hop when we want not decide 180 days prior where and when we are going to be. But... a lot of people love the plan.

Nope. You are not eligible for the Disney dining plans while staying at SOG. Dining plan doesn't thrill me though so I wouldn't use it even if it was free and we were staying at a Disney resort. We are waaay to spontaneous to be tied to ADR's (unless you get the quick service plan). With dining plans you have to make reservations for all your table service meals and some need to be made 180 days in advance. I might make a couple for a 10 day vacation but that's it. We like to tour, eat and hop when we want not decide 180 days prior where and when we are going to be. But... a lot of people love the plan.

Thank you so much! I was thinking of the quick service one for those very reasons. Plus, I thought my two older kids would love choosing snacks twice a day from the carts - lol! There is no way I am going to get up early every morning trying to book a dinner at a specific place, that's for sure. I get frustrated just reading some of the stories of people trying to do that!

Thanks again! :)

Thank you so much! I was thinking of the quick service one for those very reasons. Plus, I thought my two older kids would love choosing snacks twice a day from the carts - lol! There is no way I am going to get up early every morning trying to book a dinner at a specific place, that's for sure. I get frustrated just reading some of the stories of people trying to do that!

Thanks again! :)

I agree with you both. Although I have never used the DDP, I never would either. In addition to going through all that 'stuff' getting the ressies and altering your schedule to adapt, I hate all the time wasted. If you figure it takes at least an hour out of your day just getting to and signing into your ADR, it takes at least two more hours to take in the whole meal and experience. That's at least three hours that can be spent in the parks, as opposed to the less than an hour it takes to do a counter service meal. I have eaten in three or four of the sit-downs over the many years we have gone to the World and, to me, none have been worth the time, effort and $$. Not to say they weren't nice enough, but I would rather be partying with pirates and grim grinnin' ghosts. :banana: Just my two cents. :cool1:

I have booked a Family Jr Suite for the end of June. Does anyone have any pictures of the Jr Suites or know where they are located at on the property?

If you refer to the map at post #2161; the suites are located at room #'s 1117 and #1137 and above. Friends of mine had the full on family suite that sleeps 8 and it was room #1117. There may be some more somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure they are all in the "new" Palm wing. Also there are photos on the Shades of Green website.

If you refer to the map at post #2161; the suites are located at room #'s 1117 and #1137 and above. Friends of mine had the full on family suite that sleeps 8 and it was room #1117. There may be some more somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure they are all in the "new" Palm wing. Also there are photos on the Shades of Green website.

Thanks famouschinesec. I figured from looking at the resort map that the rooms were probably #1117 or #1137. I also saw another site which confirmed suites in room #1117. I saw the website pictures, but was not sure if the pictures were for the family suite or the family jr suite. Was hoping someone had some personal pictures like I have seen in other posts.

I will be getting there when you leave (April 11th)
I also went back and forth about whether we should try a Dis resort or not. Hubby jumped up in the ranks so its just about comparable to a Mod resort. I was going to do the DDP , but after I really thought about it I honestly dont think we eat that much! And Shades has queen size beds and friendly people so I'm sticking with shades :) I only wish my flight would change so I'd have a reason to add another day ;)
I have plenty of pics of shades, but I have no clue how to post them?!

We will be arriving at Shades the day before you.. (April 10th) :banana: However we will on the Disney Dream to the Bahamas on the 7th thru the 10th.. I also wish my flight would change so we can have an extra day.. (5 days at the parks is just not enough for me.) :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter