The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does SoG have transportation to DTD???? I thought once I saw a bus for there...but I could have been imagining it.

HI!
In May 2007 SOG did not have any rooms available so we were given an overflow rate at either CSR or CB and we were able to choose which one we wanted. Last January SOG gave us the overflow rate at POR (which was awesome). I don't remember if we were given any other options. Does anyone know how this works? When we were put on the wait list we had to choose if we wanted value, mod or deluxe and I chose moderate. I can't remember if we got to choose the mod or if they said we had to take POR. Also has anyone ever used an overflow rate at a deluxe (besides CR) and how much did you pay?

Since WDW is extending the room only discount to military in 2010, I suggest skipping SOG and the hassle of overflow. Just call WDW direct, choose your hotel, see if they have availability w/discount for your dates and hope for the best!

Does SoG have transportation to DTD???? I thought once I saw a bus for there...but I could have been imagining it.
Yes, one of the shades buses goes to DTD. If I'm not mistaken it's one of the one's that also goes to one or both of the water parks. If you can get a hold of a shades newsletter, the bus schedule is printed in there. I thought I could find it on their website, but I can't.

Angel16- They sell AP's as SOG. We bought one for our 15 year old daughter 2 months ago.

Thank you very much BridgeBordeaux (such a cute name) Does anyone know what the 2010 price is for an AP at SOG??

Have a wonderful day everyone! :)

Yes, one of the shades buses goes to DTD. If I'm not mistaken it's one of the one's that also goes to one or both of the water parks. If you can get a hold of a shades newsletter, the bus schedule is printed in there. I thought I could find it on their website, but I can't.

Thank you!

Since WDW is extending the room only discount to military in 2010, I suggest skipping SOG and the hassle of overflow. Just call WDW direct, choose your hotel, see if they have availability w/discount for your dates and hope for the best!

Thanks:goodvibes that's what I ended up doing. I used code OUQ which is the military room only discount - 40% off rack rate.
The only rooms available during our dates are the Allstars so I booked the Movies for 254.90 for 3 nights. (Oh and I could have gotten the Beach Club for 1250.50 :laughing:)

This may be a dumb question, but here goes :)

What would happen if you arrive at SOG before the 3pm check in time? We are wanting to arrive early, buy our tickets, and head to a park. Will they let us park at SOG and return later to check in to our room?

Thanks in advance!

This may be a dumb question, but here goes :)

What would happen if you arrive at SOG before the 3pm check in time? We are wanting to arrive early, buy our tickets, and head to a park. Will they let us park at SOG and return later to check in to our room?

Thanks in advance!

We arrived before check in and they let us check our bags in. Then we were allowed to do whatever we wanted to do. We just called before coming back to make sure our room was ready.

I never see the subject of golf on this thread. Any golfers out there played the Palm or Magnolia while staying at SOG (or any other course for that matter)? If so, I have a bunch of questions...

• Do SOG guests qualify for the resort-guest rate, or do we have to pay the off-site rate?
  • Looks like there is another recent deal for on-site guests involving complimentary club rentals. Is that deal also in effect for SOG guests?
  • If SOG guests qualify, can I pay on-site rates for both myself and my FIL who is staying offsite?
  • All those questions might be moot, if I figure out how the military discount works. I'm staying at SOG on a more obscure eligibility category (federal employee stationed overseas) and don't have a military or DOD ID. So I don't think I can get the military discount. But my FIL is retired, has a military ID and I think would qualify. Can he pay military rates for both of us?
  • Any idea what the rates are like in mid-Dec? Weather? Golf crowds? (We'll be there week of Dec 12 which should be before the big holiday crowds show up, but not sure if that translates to an empty course.)

I never see the subject of golf on this thread. Any golfers out there played the Palm or Magnolia while staying at SOG (or any other course for that matter)? If so, I have a bunch of questions...

I know that the SOG website isn't very helpful regarding golf, "Contact Shades of Green Guest Services for current rates and additional information." Your questions are a little unique and you may be best served by speaking with the Disney golf folks. You can call Disney’s golf line directly at 1-(407)-939-4653 (WDW-GOLF). I would also refer you to an unofficial website that has a lot of generally helpful information on the subject of golf at Walt Disney World. The owner of this site also has an email address buried there if you don't get answers from Disney, or want a more informal perspective. wdwgolf dot com

My wife, friend and I had considered golfing while we were at Shades last year, but decided that our game wasn't up to the challenge and we wanted to spend more time at the parks. Best of luck and I am sure you will have a great time.

We play golf while staying at SOG as well as the Disney owned resorts... actually it is DH and DS that play but I think I can answer your questions.... I will answer in red.....

• Do SOG guests qualify for the resort-guest rate, or do we have to pay the off-site rate?
    If you have a military ID card (active or retired) you qualify for the military rate. It doesn't matter if you are staying at SOG, other Disney hotel or off site.

• Looks like there is another recent deal for on-site guests involving complimentary club rentals. Is that deal also in effect for SOG guests?

The only "free" club rental I know of is for junior golfers... that is age 17 and under... maybe someone else might know more about this...
  • If SOG guests qualify, can I pay on-site rates for both myself and my FIL who is staying offsite?
    Again, as long as you have your military ID you can pay for yourself and up to three additional guests at the military rate I believe.
  • All those questions might be moot, if I figure out how the military discount works. I'm staying at SOG on a more obscure eligibility category (federal employee stationed overseas) and don't have a military or DOD ID. So I don't think I can get the military discount. But my FIL is retired, has a military ID and I think would qualify. Can he pay military rates for both of us?
    YES
  • Any idea what the rates are like in mid-Dec? Weather? Golf crowds? (We'll be there week of Dec 12 which should be before the big holiday crowds show up, but not sure if that translates to an empty course.)

Just to give you an example of the rates as we are going next week and have reservations at the Palm and Magnolia, as well as Oak Trail... I believe the regualr price for these courses is around $140 per round (not Oak Trail)... the military rate is $83.40 per person. One BIG difference is Disney resort guests can make reservations 90 days out where as military rate guests can make reservations 30 days out and I believe that you must play after 10am to get the military rate. I did make our reservations at 90 days and then at the 30 mark called and had them changed to the military rate. They were nice enough to do it but they could have just canceled them and made me book new reservations. The rate for Oak Trail is $20 for military.

Hope this helps.....

Don't try to park first, then check in. You need a room key to get in the garage. Pull to the front, let the luggage guys store your stuff. they will give you a ticket. Don't lose it. Go to the check in desk and take care of the check in process. Let them know you have a car and need access to the garage. When your room is ready, go to the room and call luggage services for delivery. We made the mistake of walking to luggage services as we always had before the renovation. We were told to go back to our room and call. I said "Ummm...we are already here" he said he understood, but he could not help us in person. It had to be over the phone.
:confused::rotfl2:

Can someone tell me if we can upgrade a previously purchased 1-day ticket to an AP @ SOG?

I know I can do it @ WDW ticket windows, but will SOG do it also?

I would like to take advantage of the discounted price of the AP @ SOG, but want to use some 1-day tickets we got on a previous trip and apply them towards the price of the AP's.

Here's another ticket question that has been asked in other threads but not completely answered yet. Has anyone been able to use the Give a Day, Get a Day (GAD) ticket, and then at the end of the day upgrade at the Will Call window in the park to the 4 day Military ticket?

Also, are all the restaurants at SOG now open? Thank you very much.

singnring-

SOG actually sells you an AP voucher/certificate that you have to take to a park window where they issue you an actual AP.

I don't believe that SOG can do what you are asking, but the WDW ticket window can. (as you know)

Yep, you wind up getting the value of your one day ticket, but you have to pay the tax.

singnring-

SOG actually sells you an AP voucher/certificate that you have to take to a park window where they issue you an actual AP.

I don't believe that SOG can do what you are asking, but the WDW ticket window can. (as you know)

Yep, you wind up getting the value of your one day ticket, but you have to pay the tax.

Thanks for responding!

I had a feeling that was the case, as I knew they only give a voucher @ SOG.

:sad1:

We have been requesting the newer palm wing on our last few trips to SOG. When we were there in Oct. the front desk told us that all the rooms in the older Magnolia wing had been recently refurbished.

Does anyone have pictures of these updated rooms? And did they do anything with the bathrooms? As I recall, compared with the Palm wing they are very small and badly need a face lift.

Any info of recent stays would be very helpful. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter