The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 2)

So cool!!

A weather question for those that are back...I keep taking things out of my bag and putting them back in. How cold does it get when the sun goes down? Jackets, vests, sweatshirts, jeans, capris...is it warm enough in the evenings for shorts and long sleeve shirts or is it breezy and you need a sweatshirt and jeans?

We leave tomorrow! :banana:

The highs while we were there were 77-82..the lows were low 60's..maybe a couple of 59's in there. We did not wear any jeans or jackets at all...I even packed gloves and didn't need them. We each had a hoodie that we would put on at night like after dinner time. My hubby didn't wear anything but shorts and polos or tshirts. My girls and I mostly had on capris and t'shirts..then added the hoodie later. some days, the girls wore shorts..they never complained of being cold. I had all kinds of long sleeved t's..didn't even need them.

So cool!!

A weather question for those that are back...I keep taking things out of my bag and putting them back in. How cold does it get when the sun goes down? Jackets, vests, sweatshirts, jeans, capris...is it warm enough in the evenings for shorts and long sleeve shirts or is it breezy and you need a sweatshirt and jeans?

We leave tomorrow! :banana:

Last November I would have answered exactly how Andrea (PEANUT1) just did. But this year it (our week) was much cooler. I think we wore jeans & jackets just about every evening after the sun went down. It was in the 50's. Only one evening did it stay in the 60's and we stayed in our shorts.

It was so cold the night of MVMCP that we had sweatshirts and gloves on. The snow on Main Street felt real! :rotfl:

I'd pack a little of everything just to be safe. I hope you get some of the warmer temps! Have a great time! :goodvibes

LeavingonSaturdayLeavingonSaturdayLEAVING ON SATURDAY!!!!!:dance3:

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and bon voyage to everyone with trips coming up!

Well, this will be my last pre-trip post. The car is packed, house is clean, puppies dropped off with Grandma... now just have to try to sleep for a few hours! I'm so excited! This time tomorrow I'll be there!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Safe travels to those of you leaving tonight or tomorrow!!
We'll join you on Saturday!!!
One of the two kids is packed, and my clothes are laying in the chair just waiting to go in a suitcase. I am leaving swimwear at home, I'm planning on spending my days IN the park not IN a pool, as much as I love swimming!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow November Turkeys !

happythanks.jpg

The highs while we were there were 77-82..the lows were low 60's..maybe a couple of 59's in there. We did not wear any jeans or jackets at all...I even packed gloves and didn't need them. We each had a hoodie that we would put on at night like after dinner time. My hubby didn't wear anything but shorts and polos or tshirts. My girls and I mostly had on capris and t'shirts..then added the hoodie later. some days, the girls wore shorts..they never complained of being cold. I had all kinds of long sleeved t's..didn't even need them.

Last November I would have answered exactly how Andrea (PEANUT1) just did. But this year it (our week) was much cooler. I think we wore jeans & jackets just about every evening after the sun went down. It was in the 50's. Only one evening did it stay in the 60's and we stayed in our shorts.

It was so cold the night of MVMCP that we had sweatshirts and gloves on. The snow on Main Street felt real! :rotfl:

I'd pack a little of everything just to be safe. I hope you get some of the warmer temps! Have a great time! :goodvibes

Thank you for the weather updates and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. The differences in temperatures the last couple weeks really threw me for a loop when it came to packing. I did end up packing a mix of everything. DH even packed a tote of jackets and gloves we will leave in the truck in case we need them. It's crazy how much the forecast has changed in the last couple days. Up to 82 one day and the rain they have been predicting for our MVMCP night is down to 0%. :woohoo:

We leave at 4am in the morning!!!!!!:cool1: Staying overnight in Sanford then WL Sat morning!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Hi all! We got back late Sun night...just now relaxing after turkey, and found a minute to get on here! Our trip week was perfect!! I agree with Andrea..it was awesome as far as weather and crowds!! I won't do the Christmas party again either..it was good, but not worth the extra $$$. We only needed jeans and a light jacket one night...some nights we brought me and dd a jacket for our dinners because some of the rest. were soooo very cold. Mike fell in love with this week and wants to do the same week again! We did hear people say that the full week before Spring Break is just as slow and good weather then too..but I doubt we'll be there this spring...we like the fall.
Andrea-I thought the Halloween party was better too, but the crowds are always higher in Oct (when we've been anyway) and much hotter, higher humidity.Hope you all have great trips if you are heading there or are there this week!!!

Whoohoo!! In less then 24 hours we WILL BE ON OUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, it's a 13 hour drive but we'll be on the way!!

On our way to Orlando today too!! 11 hours, 8 to go. Kids are asleep. DS outlasted DD. She didn't make it 20 min and she was asleep. He was 'too excited to sleep.' :rotfl2:

Raining since we left but I figure rain during a Disney trip is better than rain while sitting at home. :thumbsup2

Just passed Richard Childress Vinyards. DH wonders what the connection between NASCAR and Wine is. I said it would be nice to be that wealthy and wake up one morning and say "I'm in the mood for wine today. I think I'll plant a vineyard." :lmao:

On our way to Orlando today too!! 11 hours, 8 to go. Kids are asleep. DS outlasted DD. She didn't make it 20 min and she was asleep. He was 'too excited to sleep.' :rotfl2:

Raining since we left but I figure rain during a Disney trip is better than rain while sitting at home. :thumbsup2

Just passed Richard Childress Vinyards. DH wonders what the connection between NASCAR and Wine is. I said it would be nice to be that wealthy and wake up one morning and say "I'm in the mood for wine today. I think I'll plant a vineyard." :lmao:

Have a safe and magical trip guys

alexensmom- we use to leave at 3-4 in the morning for the first leg of our trip when we drove which was 20 hours , doing it in two days. Day one was never too bad both boys would sleep until about 9am or so and we would stop for something to eat but by day two they were to excited and drove us nuts until we got to Disney. Have fun

Have a safe and magical trip guys

alexensmom- we use to leave at 3-4 in the morning for the first leg of our trip when we drove which was 20 hours , doing it in two days. Day one was never too bad both boys would sleep until about 9am or so and we would stop for something to eat but by day two they were to excited and drove us nuts until we got to Disney. Have fun

We'll leave between 4-5am in the morning, and drive all the way tomorrow (13 hours or so). The kids will sleep for the first several hours so we won't stop until they wake up, hopefully we're near charlotte or just on the other side by then (about 4 hrs). We homeschool so I'll take a few worksheets for when they get really bored :rotfl::rotfl:. Otherwise we'll charge DS, watch ONE movie on the long drive, color, count VW bugs, etc. My Dad has started a ntoebook of questions for them to answer while we drive, like where they see a peach on a road sign (Georgia border) etc.

We're very blessed, we've traveled with them since they were 3 months or so and always go all in one day (Outer Banks, NC or New Smyrna Beach, Fl. or WDW)and they just go with the flow knowing that's how we travel.

We'll leave between 4-5am in the morning, and drive all the way tomorrow (13 hours or so). The kids will sleep for the first several hours so we won't stop until they wake up, hopefully we're near charlotte or just on the other side by then (about 4 hrs). We homeschool so I'll take a few worksheets for when they get really bored :rotfl::rotfl:. Otherwise we'll charge DS, watch ONE movie on the long drive, color, count VW bugs, etc. My Dad has started a ntoebook of questions for them to answer while we drive, like where they see a peach on a road sign (Georgia border) etc.

We're very blessed, we've traveled with them since they were 3 months or so and always go all in one day (Outer Banks, NC or New Smyrna Beach, Fl. or WDW)and they just go with the flow knowing that's how we travel.

It would have been great if we could have done the trips all in one day but being it took us 20hr we had to stop overnight, we drove twice and did a bus once :scared1: after that we have flown ever since.

Got back yesterday -- what a great time!

Weather was perfect ... crowds were what we expected so no biggie there. We just stuck to FP and the less crowded rides and didn't wait longer than 20 minutes, except to see the Fairies and Tiana.

Safe travels to all who are leaving.

I need to plan my next vacation -- May 2011!!!!:cool1:

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow - you're only a day away!!!!!

This time tomorrow night we'll be getting settled in at WL!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!

That was ME!!! The LSU stuff is my husbands doing!! The window is the only thing he is in charge of, and it helps him find the Room. LOL. I wish I could have met you. We were there for two game days!! Had to Show The Colors!!:cheer2: We also Kept the Leafs from shinysparkelybubbles too. It was awesome meeting her!! And all because a little mouse...

It would have nice to meet you too! My two roommates didn't get why I knew where you got the lime mickey head from :rotfl: We were in building 2 in 2272

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter