The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you happen to be driving by this way and go by the soccer fields at Walker Machinery and see a lawn mower on fire in the middle of the field, that means at some point I decided to burn it to the ground! There are only 2 teams on the field this season. Since I don't work and the girls go to school almost beside the field, I decided to vol to cut the grass every week if the other team lined it. Now I am wishing I hadn't. That mower is horrible! And don't get me going on the goose poop....

I really do have a to do list for Disney already. I am just not sure where it went. Maybe I need to make a new to do list that includes finding my old to do list or making a new one? LOL We did put some clothes in the suitcase this weekend. I love end of summer sales! We basically only have to pack cool weather clothes now!

Jessica - Your post made my day I am sitting here laughing so hard pictureing the flameing lawmower :rotfl2:

goose poop huh that is a new one on me :lmao:

I never volunteered to mow but did one year volunteer to clean debris on a ball field which was located between the highway exit and a commuter lot, well let me tell you I never in my life saw , nor had I imagined the likes of the things people threw away that blew onto the field, thank goodness for rubber gloves and a stick with a nail in it is all I can say, but at least there was no goose poop :rotfl:

I just wanted to see my ticker! :upsidedow
:banana:Finally under 100 days!!! :banana: Just 96 more to go!:banana:

If you happen to be driving by this way and go by the soccer fields at Walker Machinery and see a lawn mower on fire in the middle of the field, that means at some point I decided to burn it to the ground! There are only 2 teams on the field this season. Since I don't work and the girls go to school almost beside the field, I decided to vol to cut the grass every week if the other team lined it. Now I am wishing I hadn't. That mower is horrible! And don't get me going on the goose poop....

I really do have a to do list for Disney already. I am just not sure where it went. Maybe I need to make a new to do list that includes finding my old to do list or making a new one? LOL We did put some clothes in the suitcase this weekend. I love end of summer sales! We basically only have to pack cool weather clothes now!

Thats too funny! I was the one who always got to line the field. Thank goodness I dont have to do that any more. Those U14 fields are the same size as football fields. I know what you mean about goose poop. We have a local walking trail along a river. There are 100's of geese that hang out there and people will buy ducklings for their kids around Easter and then let them loose at the trail. :headache: You cant avoid all the poop on the walking trail. YUCK!

Now that my dates are set, I need to iron down my 'to do' lists. When I think of how many weeks I have left, and then break it down by pay period, and then break it down by 'nice' weather...I have got to get a move on!!! Ive started buying, now its time for some doing. :thumbsup2

I forgot on my list that at the 2-3 month mark, we make sure our shoes are good and we start walking....I have been a little slack on this!! hee hee!! Our weather has been so hot and humid, we have just been letting the kids swim for exercise..but we need to start walking...I hope maybe this week I can MAKE myself get out and start...we have them up to 3 miles a day by the time we leave...it really does help!!

Sorry, very hectic round here lately so I am running way behind.

As far as those who make lists, that is the hardest part of any trip to my way of thinking so I keep a file of lists of what to pack, chores to do before leaving and such and reuse them each trip. Just have to adjust for the length of each trip. One suitcase is always packed with our Disney stuff.

Less to do = more fun!:cool1:

Slightly Goofy

Yes, all the major stores in each park sell the doll's outfit, and Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney. In July we got a 20% off coupon on our CS receipt so used that to get the Tinkerbell outfit. WoD seems to have the largest selection. We now have Minnie Mouse and Belle outfits. Tink will be for Christmas.

Thanks. I think I'll get her the Minnie outfit while we're there and then another to tuck away for Christmas. She was thrilled when I gave her the doll this afternoon! :)

I actually got lucky and found 2 sets of polo shirts at Target today (and they were on sale for $5 each). I like cheap because that means I can just save them for Disney and not feel bad that they won't wear them that much.
Meet the teacher went well, my DS6's teacher seems nice and he seems excited for tomorrow.
I am now trying to come up with an idea for the PTA bulletin board for back to school as I have somehow been designated as the "creative" person in the group. Any ideas?

88 days and counting down..We are so excited!!! I'v kinda started a list but probably not near as ready as some of you guys are..I do have a few questions..We will be there the entire week of Thanksgiving..Will the weather be cool or still be warm?? Im wondering what kind of clothes to pack..LOL

It will likely still be warm during the day, but the mornings and evenings may be cooler.

I just wanted to see my ticker! :upsidedow
:banana:Finally under 100 days!!! :banana: Just 96 more to go!:banana:

:woohoo:

I actually got lucky and found 2 sets of polo shirts at Target today (and they were on sale for $5 each). I like cheap because that means I can just save them for Disney and not feel bad that they won't wear them that much.
Meet the teacher went well, my DS6's teacher seems nice and he seems excited for tomorrow.
I am now trying to come up with an idea for the PTA bulletin board for back to school as I have somehow been designated as the "creative" person in the group. Any ideas?

Glad it went well with meeting the teacher.

I usually just do something generic for our PTO bulletin board, like -- Welcome back to School and then I make a list of the upcoming PTO events for the first few months of school (picture day, book fair, fundraiser, etc) and also list any days that there is no school.

I'm not very creative but somehow always get stuck with that job as well! :upsidedow

It will likely still be warm during the day, but the mornings and evenings may be cooler.

:woohoo:

Glad it went well with meeting the teacher.

I usually just do something generic for our PTO bulletin board, like -- Welcome back to School and then I make a list of the upcoming PTO events for the first few months of school (picture day, book fair, fundraiser, etc) and also list any days that there is no school.

I'm not very creative but somehow always get stuck with that job as well! :upsidedow

In 2007 when we were there for Thanksgiving week, it was about 82ish during the mid day and then cooled off later in the evening and we needed a hoodie!

I just got back from Disney on Friday. It was hotter than hot. It was more humid thank a sauna. The whole day seemed quite like a sauna with rain on and off every 15-20 minutes. I am sooo looking forward to November when we can go on all the rides we skipped because it was just too hot. It was too hot for Thundermountain railroad. It was actually too hot for Splash Mountain (waiting outdoors). It was too hot for alladin's magic carpets. It was too hot for Dino-rama! I actually waited 65 minutes for Soarin' because it was cool and dry inside. :scared1:

I can't wait ... 89 days!

Okay so in an attempt to try and save some $$ I was thinking of using a car service upon arrival of our trip but using Disney's Magical Express on our departure. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to just use Magical Express one way??

Am I the only one who gets freaked out as the countdown gets smaller and smaller? Might be because I am in charge of every single thing, husband's share is getting into the passenger seat on the appointed day, and just get frantic at all that I have to do.

Oh believe me, I am just getting more and more crazed every day about this!:scared1: I mean, I started off badly anyway....DH and I had originally booked a cruise for our anniversary, but three weeks ago he calls me into the computer room and says "What about a really nice trip to Disney for the 2 of us?":lovestruc

Normally I book these trips 8 months to a year in advance (we just booked another trip for next August:woohoo:) I'm having to cram all that planning into 3 months? Holy moly!:eek: In addition, this trip is the first "tricky" one we've had to do....my little guy will be in public school for the first time - we had him in kindergarten at his daycare - so will need to get on the bus every day or have someone drive him to school. We also got a golden retriever puppy for Christmas who will need to be looked after. Fortunately, my parents will take my son on the 2 weekends we are gone, and my MiL will stay at our house on the school nights. She is not very mobile, however, so I still need to come up with a plan for the dog!

We're driving down and taking the Autotrain back, but DH has got every gas stop mapped out:sad2:. At least he's only making us go to the GA/FL border from NJ on day one...normally he goes all the way to Orlando:lmao:. I need a new bag for the parks, but I've picked up new pink Mickey crocs and ordered a pair of Teva Mush flip flops. I've also been hitting end of summer sales to pick up some new stuff to wear.

Okay...so can I just go NOW please?:laughing:

I just posted on the ADR cancellation thread. I'll be cancelling my ADRs for the week of 11/21 thru 11/26 since we are now going the next week. Le Cellier is one of them. I'll be cancelling in 10 minutes.

Okay so in an attempt to try and save some $$ I was thinking of using a car service upon arrival of our trip but using Disney's Magical Express on our departure. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to just use Magical Express one way??

I am pretty certain you can use it just one way. You would just need to call and set it up that way with Disney. Why not use it both ways? We always do and love it! From the time we land in Orlando we are usually to our hotel in about an hour or so. If I had to choose to not use it one way I would choose the way back. That ride is so depressing!

I am pretty certain you can use it just one way. You would just need to call and set it up that way with Disney. Why not use it both ways? We always do and love it! From the time we land in Orlando we are usually to our hotel in about an hour or so. If I had to choose to not use it one way I would choose the way back. That ride is so depressing!

Wow, I'm unlucky! We used ME two times -- the first time it took over 3 hours to get from the airport to BLT. Then for departure from the time they told us to be at the bus stop to the time we made it to the airport, it was nearly 3 hours. We said, never again. That was ridiculous, esp with young children.

There weren't any delays, per se...just too many people trying to use ME at the same time. We waited 30-40 minutes (standing with our luggage) for a bus and then our hotel was the very last one, so round and round we went dropping folks off at Ft. Wilderness, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and then, Contemporary.

Wow, I'm unlucky! We used ME two times -- the first time it took over 3 hours to get from the airport to BLT. Then for departure from the time they told us to be at the bus stop to the time we made it to the airport, it was nearly 3 hours. We said, never again. That was ridiculous, esp with young children.

There weren't any delays, per se...just too many people trying to use ME at the same time. We waited 30-40 minutes (standing with our luggage) for a bus and then our hotel was the very last one, so round and round we went dropping folks off at Ft. Wilderness, Polynesian, Grand Floridian and then, Contemporary.

Oh my gosh! Nope, we've never experienced anything like that in five trips. Last time was the worst and it was still only about 1 1/2 hours from the time we landed to the time we checked in. That was our first experience with 4 resorts on the same bus, and we were the last drop off. All other times there have only been 2 or 3 resorts on the bus and we were always the 1st or 2nd stop.

Going back to the airport pick up time is always about 3 hours before your flight. But that's just how it is. We are used to it I guess. But that's why I said if I had to choose one way to take alternative transportation, it would be the way back!

You must have hit ME on bad days, I am with Momof2DisneyBoys, I love ME and love being able to use RAC when leaving. I imagine it depends on your flight times and day of arrival and departure as to how busy ME is and how many stops it makes but even back in the day when we use to pay pp to take the old Mears from and to the airport there was a wait time and it went to more than one resort. I keep expecting Disney to start chargeing for ME one of these days, then I will be upset :sad2:

I too have been worried that Disney will start charging for ME. :scared: Hope that doesn't happen!

I am going to cancel these 2 ADR's soon, if anyone wants them let me know:

San Angel Inn Thursday Nov 11 at 6:00pm
T-Rex Sunday Nov 14 at 12:30pm

I will have others to cancel later, just haven't decided which schedule I am going with yet. :rotfl: I will have another T-Rex and a Crystal Palace to cancel eventually. . .

At least he's only making us go to the GA/FL border from NJ on day one...normally he goes all the way to Orlando:lmao:.

OMG!:scared1: We usually make it to the GA/FL border on day one from Virginia... and we recently decided that that was too far and we should only go as far as Savannah! :rotfl: I guess the older we get, the less we're willing to drive in one day!

I just posted on the ADR cancellation thread. I'll be cancelling my ADRs for the week of 11/21 thru 11/26 since we are now going the next week. Le Cellier is one of them. I'll be cancelling in 10 minutes.

There's an ADR cancellation thread?!:eek: you find something new every day on the DIS!

Hope everyone had a good day. My boys did great their first day of school (it was a little trickier this year because they are both at new schools).
I was actually told a couple months ago by one of the DVC operators that they will be charging for ME soon. We use it whenever we fly (about 50% of the time) and have never had a bad experience, no long waits, and we usually come in on a Sat. morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter