The new movie screen is awesome!

ashtravel

Earning My Ears
My husband drove by the Magic while it is in drydock and he could see a movie actually playing on the pool deck from the interstate! He said he could see it so clearly. They were playing a Disney movie. Yesterday we stopped by the parking lot at the drydock and ran into some Disney employee and they said the movie screen is unbelievable. Just thought I'd pass on the good news. I will be sailing on the Magic Oct. 22 so I will give a first hand full report.
The Magic pulls out tomorrow to head back to Port Canaveral.

Thanks for that great news! we will be boarding the ship on Saturday :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh no! I thought the Magic was leaving on friday. DD and I haven't been able to go by and see her.

I have been on the Caribbean Princess where they have the movie screen and it is really awesome.

This is great! I was just going to start a new thread asking for people who are going on Saturday's Magic. I guess I won't have to now...I think I can wait.

I have heard nothing but great things about the MUTS screens on other ships. I can only imagine how much Disney will use it to enhance the Sail Away party, and Pirate Night party...all this in addition to regular movies!

We just heard from our favorite waiter on the Magic and he said they will be pulling out at 10pm on Tuesday.

ashtravel said:
We just heard from our favorite waiter on the Magic and he said they will be pulling out at 10pm on Tuesday.
Did your waiter friend mention any other upgrades?

Actually, while we were there yesterday we met some Disney waiters who were headed into town for dinner. We gave them a ride to save them some taxi fare. They told us while they were in the car that they were working really hard on the ship. They were cleaning all the staterooms , replacing some carpet , that type of thing. They weren't specific about the other upgrades other than the movie screen. There was a big dumpster on the aft of the ship. looks like right below topsiders . That is about all I could see. They said we would be very surprised at some of the changes that were being made since we haven't sailed in about 2 years. I guess we need to wait to hear from the folks going out this Saturday.

how exciting! thank you for posting this :sunny: Cant wait, as we sail on the 22nd too :cool1:

We the members of the Molar Express promise to keep you updated on the upgrades as best we can. Bring her back to the Cape so we can get on!!!

Later,
Paul

Thanks for the update on the new outdoor movie screen! I am hoping they'll play the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequel outside during our cruise next August, since the movie will be out sometime in the summer.

How much fun will that be to see that movie while IN the Caribbean? :teeth: pirate: :earboy2:

Thanks for the update! How cool is this going to be :cool1: We sail in early November, and I can't wait to hear from those that sail before us about all the changes.

Doh! I didn't see this thread before posting about the screen! I saw it this a.m. too, very good picture (from the expressway :earboy2: ]

Didn't realize it will be pulling out today :sad: ...now what incentive will I have to getting to work each morning??? :confused3 :rolleyes1 :p

They are going to revamp Parrot Cay, the fitness center (which will be closed this next week)...we are boarding on Saturday the 15th! We are so looking forward to the movie screen/fireworks display and seeing the updates since our last cruise! I'll make sure to post when I get back.

I don't recall fireworks on my Nov '05 cruise, and I love fireworks! Do you mean real fireworks, or just on the screen?

Can't wait to hear about the ship improvements! Have a great trip!!! :cool1:

They are real fireworks. DCL says that they are the only cruise line in the world that has fireworks on board. Keep in mind that it is not a big display and they mention that many times. They even make a disclaimer that it's not Epcot or Magic Kingdom. Having said that, it still is great fun to see fireworks on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter