The new Matterhorn seats are PAINFUL!!

I however, with bad hips, had a hard time getting in and out :rolleyes: Slid down going in and hurt my tail bone!! Still hurts 2 weeks later. Those seats are hard!!

I had a similar problem - bad knees (made worse by walking around Disneyland for 4 days) to the point where I couldn't even slide into the car in the first place. I rode Space Mountain OK, but found it much rougher & much more painful than WDW's version.

I have been on the updated cars. I used to fit really comfortably, but I will not be able to ride again. It was super tight.

I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 245 lbs. I found the new Matterhorn seats extremely painful. I had to fold my legs into a pretzel in order to sit down. I had no problem with the seat belt. My problem was that every twist and turn put the weight of my body onto one of the parts of me that is bent in unnatural directions. Star Tours exits into the gift shop. Matterhorn should exit into a chiropractor's office.

I found Space Mountain relatively comfortable, although when I weighed 125 lbs. more than I do now I was unable to ride is as the lap bar would not go down. I was unloaded at the dispatch brakes, and it was rather embarrassing. I do prefer WDW's unit on Space Mountain over Disneyland's as that is the style of car the Matterhorn used to have.

I can ride California Screamin' just fine. The shoulder bar does not come down that far, but the cast members have never stopped me from riding. I have not fallen out mid-ride.

Rick
Rick

I agree, not very comfortable, kinda tight. The bumps were hard to take. I think cushioned seats would help.

I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 245 lbs. I found the new Matterhorn seats extremely painful. I had to fold my legs into a pretzel in order to sit down. I had no problem with the seat belt. My problem was that every twist and turn put the weight of my body onto one of the parts of me that is bent in unnatural directions. Star Tours exits into the gift shop. Matterhorn should exit into a chiropractor's office.

I found Space Mountain relatively comfortable, although when I weighed 125 lbs. more than I do now I was unable to ride is as the lap bar would not go down. I was unloaded at the dispatch brakes, and it was rather embarrassing. I do prefer WDW's unit on Space Mountain over Disneyland's as that is the style of car the Matterhorn used to have.

I can ride California Screamin' just fine. The shoulder bar does not come down that far, but the cast members have never stopped me from riding. I have not fallen out mid-ride.

Rick
Rick

I'm in pretty much the same boat at 6'4" and 265. The side to side movement of the new cars were what made me uncomfortable too. I rode it once to try out the new seats and didn't bother over the next four days.

My trip last year I too was offloaded due to not being able to get the lap bar down. However one of the cast members showed me a trick to quickly and easily fit into the cars. You step into your seat and before sitting down, cross your ankles and sit down. Then before you pull the lap bar down, squeeze your knees together and pull the bar down. Once it locked I relaxed my legs and had room to spare, even in the first seat!

Looking back I now know why my dad who is 6'5", didn't always want to go on some of those rides more than once when I was growing up.

I was nervous about riding the Matterhorn last week after reading this thread. I had only rode the Matterhorn once in my life and I was 12 at that time (so over 25 years ago). I am 6'0" and weigh 280 with most of it in the upper body. I decided to give it a try anyway and as it turned out I had no issues at all fitting into the new sled. I was comfortable in there as well (which isn't the case on some of the kiddie rides my DD likes).

The ride wasn't as bad as I expected either. It is bumpy but not that bumpy. I didn't find it a whole lot different from BTMRR. A little bumpier but not a lot. Now I did bump my left knee on the seat in front of me twice but found if I hold it out away from the middle as much as possible I didn't have any more problems. So all in all I found the ride enjoyable and I'm not a big roller coaster person ( you won't get me on screamin for anything).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter