The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaving on a jet plane. I'm staying at the Grand Floridian. Oh babe, I love to go... (there's a song in there somewhere... LOL)

We're off tomorrow. We get in fairly late so we're staying at the Airport Hyatt tomorrow night and we'll head to the GF first thing Friday morning.

TravelinGal Have a great trip! Good idea to just stay at the airport hotel if your getting in late...have never done this but thought about it a few times...let us know how it goes....

Enjoy!:yay:

I'm leaving on a jet plane. I'm staying at the Grand Floridian. Oh babe, I love to go... (there's a song in there somewhere... LOL)

We're off tomorrow. We get in fairly late so we're staying at the Airport Hyatt tomorrow night and we'll head to the GF first thing Friday morning.

Have a GREAT TIME!! I know you will.:goodvibes

I'll be there Oct 15-until probably 19 or 20. Come down then and I can meet up with you too.:goodvibes

OH, Maxie!!
That gives us even more reason to get down there!!!:banana: That would be such fun to meet you!! :) The wheels are turning. (BUS wheels, that is:rotfl: )

TravelinGal Have a great trip! Good idea to just stay at the airport hotel if your getting in late...have never done this but thought about it a few times...let us know how it goes....

Hi Blue! :) We always fly into MCO the night before LATE...we haven't done the airport hotel but we always do the Swan.....I love getting there the night before and starting WDW fresh in the morning. Works much better for us....I think that travel day can really wear you down so we've been doing the late flight out the night before and loving that.:thumbsup2

Happy travels,

Channing
GF GAL missing the place

Have a wonderful trip!! :wizard:

Channing Arriving the night before sounds like a good way to get a head start on a vacation....Never thought about the Swan...thanks for the idea..:idea:I'm sure night flights are a good way to save on airline ticket prices too...

I also happen to agree any GF room is lovely!!:)

We've stayed at the MCO Hyatt before on our last night in Orlando. We had an early morning flight, leaving around 7am, and the idea of driving to MCO, returning the car, etc. all before 5am really made me nervous.

We enjoyed our last day at WDW, then leisurely drove to MCO. Returned the car that night, checked in for our flight :thumbsup2 with no lines, and checked in to the Hyatt. It's really nice. There's even a pool on the roof that's quite pretty, and you can watch the planes taking off from there.

The hotel was amazingly quiet -- no need to worry about airplane noise. And it is so convenient! We looked down from our balcony and saw when the security lines started so we knew when to go down and not get stuck in the lines.:)

We've stayed at the MCO Hyatt before on our last night in Orlando. We had an early morning flight, leaving around 7am, and the idea of driving to MCO, returning the car, etc. all before 5am really made me nervous.

We enjoyed our last day at WDW, then leisurely drove to MCO. Returned the car that night, checked in for our flight :thumbsup2 with no lines, and checked in to the Hyatt. It's really nice. There's even a pool on the roof that's quite pretty, and you can watch the planes taking off from there.

The hotel was amazingly quiet -- no need to worry about airplane noise. And it is so convenient! We looked down from our balcony and saw when the security lines started so we knew when to go down and not get stuck in the lines.:)

That sounds like a good plan too.

We stayed at the Hyatt once when we arrived late and I agree that noise was not an issue at all. And it was so convenient. Our room was very tight for our family of 5 though. A number of times we spent the first night at the airport Marriott. Not quite as convenient as you need to take a shuttle but the rooms were always more comfortable for us.

Channing Arriving the night before sounds like a good way to get a head start on a vacation....Never thought about the Swan...thanks for the idea..:idea:I'm sure night flights are a good way to save on airline ticket prices too...

I also happen to agree any GF room is lovely!!:)

The Swan is LOVELY hotel. :thumbsup2 I don't sleep so well in hotels, but the Swan's beds are HEAVENLY. They are like clouds...I always get a great night sleep there....and they will transfer your luggage in the morning. It is a great plan with kids that don't like to take an early flight - always worked well for us...but we do take a limo over...we don't care for DME or any other shuttle type things...we love our limo company. :goodvibes Just another idea.

The Swan is AWESOME!:wizard: I like it second to GF and YC. You should have seen the fabulous 2 bedroom grand suite we had....it blows some Disney suites out of the water. :rotfl:

Happy planning,
Chan
GF Gal - catch ya on the flip side!:goodvibes

I've really tried to keep this thread open but you guy's just can't let it go and stop the fighting, innuendo and obscure remarks.

I stayed at the Airport Hyatt in August after a late arrival (11:30pm) The soundproofing is amazing! Waking up to a balcony that looks inside the bustling airport terminal was fun. The rooms were small, and only double beds. 5 people was uncomfortable, but the convenience of "honey you check in and I'll grab the luggage" was unbeatable.

I stayed at the Swan after a late night arrival (11pm) just a few weeks ago. Amazingly comfortable Queen size beds. The morning view was out over EPCOT, which beats the airport view hands down.

The two hotels dead are even in my mind. The good of each balances any bad. You can't go wrong either way. :)

The Swan is LOVELY hotel. :thumbsup2 I don't sleep so well in hotels, but the Swan's beds are HEAVENLY. They are like clouds...I always get a great night sleep there....and they will transfer your luggage in the morning. It is a great plan with kids that don't like to take an early flight - always worked well for us...but we do take a limo over...we don't care for DME or any other shuttle type things...we love our limo company. :goodvibes Just another idea.

The Swan is AWESOME!:wizard: I like it second to GF and YC. You should have seen the fabulous 2 bedroom grand suite we had....it blows some Disney suites out of the water. :rotfl:

Happy planning,
Chan
GF Gal - catch ya on the flip side!:goodvibes

Hi Channing! Haven't talked to you in awhile. We're taking advantage of the 4/3 deal in May & staying at the GF MK View.

For the first 3 nites, however, we'll be staying at the Swan. Will the valet at the Swan transfer our luggage over to the GF? How do we arrange that?

Allen

Hi. We are returning for our second trip to GF and just made a reservation for a cabana. They asked the ages of our kids (8, 6, 3) and said to check in with the lifeguard. Is that b/c we have kids or does everyone check in with the lifeguard? Also, if it is inclement weather, is there a refund? Thanks to everyone for sharing the info. re: cabanas - if I hadn't read about it here, I'm sure I wouldn't have made the reservation:)

Good Afternoon All...

mmears Another good idea!:idea: Thanks! I know those early morning return flights seem to always have good availability and great fares...I like any way to extend our vacation and be economical (almost!!)about it...:rotfl:

BCV We have the same size family...I am not familiar with the airport Marriott (I guess its near the airport!!!:rotfl: )...how far is it...probably very good nightly rates...and thanks for another option...:thumbsup2

tinker*shell I'm all about convenience..and any way to find a reasonable excuse to extend a trip!!!;)

mama36 I had seen the cabanas but never thought about trying them until I read the reviews here...and I am sold...love them :lovestruc We had some bad weather on our trip and cancelled 24 hours before for one of the days we had booked...:confused3 but I bet if you woke up to a rainy day and cancelled there probably would be a charge...but that is just a guess...I would call to double check...enjoy!!

Channing Thanks as always for the great info...:thumbsup2 Starting off at the Swan sounds like a good way to get your disney trip started asap!! I like the idea of the luggage transfer too...

BlueSkies we woke once and it was cloudy/rainy and because of that we weren't charged when we cancelled...but if it had been nice weather we would have been charged i was told.. otherwise i think you have 24 hours to cancel.

By the way i love your name...reminds me of sitting on the GF or Poly beach, relaxing and looking up towards those far away fluffy clouds.... :hug:

Thanks Mr.Fols...:) I chose the name because on our Disney vacations we too always notice the beautiful blue skies...(well usually...:rotfl: ...except for those summer thunder storms...!)

Good to know about the cabana cancellation policy too...

BlueSkies, the Marriott is maybe a mile North of MCO. The shuttle comes quite quickly and the ride is very short. I'm sure we got good rates but my DH used to book those reservations. We haven't stayed there in a long time now but it worked very well in the past.

I'm another fan of your name BTW. :goodvibes

I used to do this all the time back in my business travel days. It was wonderful! Also, I always used to book a runway view room and it was quiet as a mouse in there. It really is a great hotel! :thumbsup2

Morning!

The arrivng the night before to get early start at Disney the next day is really appealing to me...

Channing If you are at the Swan have you sent your luggage over to the GF and headed over to a park for the morning...:confused3 It really is a pain to get everyone up early for an early flight(and I always book an early one!!! not to waste the whole day)...this would be great to do...

Thanks for all of the name compliments...it really came to mind quickly when I was trying to pick one...:) Should have been so easy when I was tring to name my kids...:rotfl:

Morning!

The arrivng the night before to get early start at Disney the next day is really appealing to me...

Channing If you are at the Swan have you sent your luggage over to the GF and headed over to a park for the morning...:confused3 It really is a pain to get everyone up early for an early flight(and I always book an early one!!! not to waste the whole day)...this would be great to do...

Thanks for all of the name compliments...it really came to mind quickly when I was trying to pick one...:) Should have been so easy when I was tring to name my kids...:rotfl:

Who has the Swan luggage cart pic from the Gals trip??? :rotfl:

Yes Blue- Swan will transfer your stuff to the GF for you. We loaded (and by this I mean LOADED!!) the luggage cart at 9am and the luggage was at the Grand when we called for it at 4. We seriously had about 16 pieces of assorted luggage. :rolleyes1 Not one piece lost. :) Swan did a great job on the transfer.

Hi Channing! Haven't talked to you in awhile. We're taking advantage of the 4/3 deal in May & staying at the GF MK View.

For the first 3 nites, however, we'll be staying at the Swan. Will the valet at the Swan transfer our luggage over to the GF? How do we arrange that?

Allen

Hi, Allen!
! I love going in May!! We have had some great trips in May.:goodvibes I know you will really enjoy the beautiful weather and hopefully (as we have had on our May trips) low crowds.

YES....The Swan will transfer your luggage.:) It's basically the same procedure that a Disney to Disney resort uses....When you call for your luggage to be taken down just let bell services know, on that phone call, that you are doing a transfer to the GF. They will bring special tags to your room to tie on the luggage and give you a receipt. If you bring your luggage down to the lobby, just bring it to bell services near the main entrance and let them know your plans. I have done this almost every trip and never yet had any problem. It is almost always at the GF by 130pm that day.:thumbsup2

Deb...you're welcome. :) YES..they do transfer your luggage...and if you arrive the night before...but not TOO late, you can enjoy the BW area and the entertainment and scenery there.:goodvibes We have always had nice stays at the Swan...and if somethign is not quite right...the Swan is GREAT about making up for it and making it right.

Deb..YES!!:thumbsup2 See my answer to Allen above for more transfer info....hope that helps...;) I got messed up on the multi quoting on this one!:rotfl:

Happy Day,
Channing:)
GF Gal 2009:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter