The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (MAY 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! :goodvibes

36 more days and I will be seeing it again in person :santa: I promise to post TONS of pictures!!

Wow!! That is really coming up FAST now!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Through the holidays time will just cruise by...you'll be there before you know it.:goodvibes

I just booked it!!!!!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Online was down (for me) so I called it in and was (very easily) convinced to book a room that overlooks the park. That was not my original intentions but:

a. My little princess: will love seeing the fireworks each and every night (that we're not already in a park of course which won't be *every* night)
b. We can wake up to the castle each and every day
c. Why the heck not? Sure it's a bit more expensive but this is a big-deal trip....GF at holiday time...c'mon!

So I'm feeling good :). I booked if for 12/11 - 12/18 (Fri-Fri). WOOT!!!!

Yay! You will love the GF. It's beautiful...and at Christmas time STUNNING!

Happy planning,

Lives4Disney :)

Wow!! That is really coming up FAST now!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Through the holidays time will just cruise by...you'll be there before you know it.:goodvibes

Yay! You will love the GF. It's beautiful...and at Christmas time STUNNING!

Happy planning,

Thanks you guys!!!!!! And Lives4Disney - I have a newfy too! We have a Landseer...she's a little over 6 right now. Love her to pieces!

Thanks you guys!!!!!! And Lives4Disney - I have a newfy too! We have a Landseer...she's a little over 6 right now. Love her to pieces!

OMG!! HOw cool is that!?!?!?! :cool1: My Newfie girl will be 5 in December. Aren't they AMAZING?!?!?!? Nobody understands until they own one....They are incredible.:goodvibes I am CRAZY about her.:goodvibes

I just booked it!!!!!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Online was down (for me) so I called it in and was (very easily) convinced to book a room that overlooks the park. That was not my original intentions but:

a. My little princess: will love seeing the fireworks each and every night (that we're not already in a park of course which won't be *every* night)
b. We can wake up to the castle each and every day
c. Why the heck not? Sure it's a bit more expensive but this is a big-deal trip....GF at holiday time...c'mon!

So I'm feeling good :). I booked if for 12/11 - 12/18 (Fri-Fri). WOOT!!!!

That theme park view is great and that close to the holidays there are the most beautiful lights on the castle it looks like icicles ...not to mention Mickeys Very Merry christmas Party at MK and the Candle Light Processional at EPCOT...everyone here is so helpful and a wealth of information too...enjoy planning your trip...:)

Here are the chocolates the GF delivered to my room because of a little accident I had the day before arrival a couple of trips ago (I fell at my DD's homecoming game, broke off a tooth and had stitches in my lip). I was still on the plane the next morning at 7 a.m. for the Food and Wine Festival!
CIMG2166.jpg

I also received the goodie basket and flowers! And a nice note wishing me a Grand stay!
CIMG2161.jpg

CIMG2164.jpg

Here was my view from Sago:
CIMG2168.jpg

I think I need to start planning another trip...:lovestruc

I didn't take many GF photos this trip - too focused on my little nephews! But I did mention in my TR seeing a couple of different private events on the marina terrace in front of Sago. Here are a couple of shots from a wedding party.
IMG_0179-1.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

If you look on the left side of the photo below you can see a little Cinderella and Prince Charming (with his jacket off!) Very cute!
IMG_0181.jpg

Hi Minniesota! What a trooper you are! stitches and a broken tooth and you still got off on time...and how nice of them at the GF...isnt that the thing that keeps you going back though...What a special place-what special CMs...
and those treats look incredible(especially the chocolates:) )and what a nice view from the room...

The wedding pics look great...what a nice place to have an event...my birthday party was supposed to be in that spot also (think its called Sago Cay Point)..but a tropical storm had other plans...and it had to be moved indoors...

I have a dining question...I know I read that some of you have eaten at Citricos recently ( I havent eaten here in a long time) and I think that I read favorable reviews thinking of eating there during my next trip...what did you have to eat ..how good was it...any viewing of the fireworks?? I love Narcooses but thought I'd try something different...

The wedding pics look great...what a nice place to have an event...my birthday party was supposed to be in that spot also (think its called Sago Cay Point)..but a tropical storm had other plans...and it had to be moved indoors...

Some of us are still not-so-patiently awaiting pics of that party!! :rolleyes1
:rotfl:

BlueSkies - we ate dinner at Citrico's in summer of '07, so I'm not sure if you consider that recently. ;) I looked through my photos of that trip, but we didn't take any of what we had at Citrico's, and I can't remember - my older brain is rejecting my queries! lol

I know that we all enjoyed our dinner there very much, and were sorry we had waited so long to eat there. The service was very good as well, and we had an overall excellent experience at this restaurant. At that time, the GF Cafe was closed for renovations, and they were using Citrico's as a replacement - the breakfasts we had there were also very good, and the servers were all quite nice.

I'm pretty sure that Citrico's looks out over the courtyard, rather than towards the fireworks - but I'm sure somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Narcoossee's is one of our favorites as well, but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you try Citrico's. Good luck with your planning! :sunny:

Kristin Dniece took pics with her camera...I have none of the party at all:sad2: (just some lovely memories:) )...I promise we'll get them posted eventually...really..if anyone will still be interested by then....:rotfl:

k&a&c Thanks for that info...I couldnt remember what the restaurant overlooked either...:rotfl: thats how long its been since I've eaten there..but I think next trip I'd like to try it again...

Lovely pics, I had my wedding reception at the GF arranged by private dining and it was amazing. I may just have my birthday meal here during our May trip :)

BlueSkies, we had dinner at Citricos two weeks ago tonight and our dinner was excellent. My husband had the tuna appetizer and a ribeye. Our DS2 had the sauteed shrimp appetizer and swordfish as an entree. I ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer I think although I usually order those as dessert. Then I had the braised short ribs which I think is their signature dish. It comes with polenta and a wonderful sauce. I almost asked to substitute for the plenta as I'm usually not a fan but am glad I didn't. It was so smooth and creamy and the sauce was great with both the meat and polenta.

Our server was Tiffany and she did a great job.:thumbsup2

I wish I was dining there tonight!:sad1:

Oh, about the fireworks. As Cinderumbrella said, for the most part the restaurant faces the courtyard. But tables at the very far end can see a bit of the marina. And in the days of Fantasy in the Skies, a very few tables could see part of the fireworks. I don't know if that's true with Wishes though.

minniesota, you were indeed a trooper. What special treats from the GF. Great pictures.

BCV All of that sounds yummy...I happen to like polenta...Thanks for the info:) I'm definitely going to have to make ressies here...I was worried I'd be sorry that I didnt book Narcooses instead...

Happy Halloween Everyone!

I have a holiday question! In the past we have been able to purchase roasted chestnuts at the GF during the holidays. We didn't get any last year since we didn't go to WDW in December and wondered if they were still seliing them down near the valet desk outside? Does anyone remember how much they cost? I know it wasn't much, but someone wanted a specific amount. Thanks in advance!

PNO4TE - we weren't in WDW last Christmas, but in previous years, we've never paid for chestnuts. They just hand them out to everyone who walks by - even if you don't want them, lol. There's usually a greeter there encouraging you to take the chestnuts, and we don't particularly like them, but we take them to make him happy! ;)

PNO4TE - we weren't in WDW last Christmas, but in previous years, we've never paid for chestnuts. They just hand them out to everyone who walks by - even if you don't want them, lol. There's usually a greeter there encouraging you to take the chestnuts, and we don't particularly like them, but we take them to make him happy! ;)

And that may be why I could not remember how much we paid for them! :rotfl: Thanks for the update. :goodvibes

:rotfl: Same here!!:rotfl:

Hi everyone,

We're getting excited for our upcoming trip to the GF SL Nov. 24-30. We stayed there last year and at the RPC a couple of years ago. I just can't seem to remember what kinds of cold cereal they serve. Does anyone remember? Just wondering if they serve my kids' favorites or if we have to bring some along.

TIA!

Terryfromhawaii

Hi everyone,

We're getting excited for our upcoming trip to the GF SL Nov. 24-30. We stayed there last year and at the RPC a couple of years ago. I just can't seem to remember what kinds of cold cereal they serve. Does anyone remember? Just wondering if they serve my kids' favorites or if we have to bring some along.

TIA!

Terryfromhawaii

Not sure about there but CL at the YC had frosted flakes and maybe cheerios and froot loops I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter