the new e DAS system will my email with a DAS ref still be vaild

mackay_j

DIS Veteran
Last summer after being refused DAS at at one park I struggled through 2 days and while at AK - (3rd day) was asked by a cast member why I hadn't got a DAS - he then arranged one for the rest of our holiday. He also reported the issue upline, on my return I was sent a surprise email with a ref number so that it won't happen again - Will this still be valid now they have changed again to the e-das system I don't have magic bands or a ticket to get in just an email with the das ref and ref for 2 complimentary days at the parks - will tickets be issued at the gate and will the DAS be added to these

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience on your last visit, but apparently WDW has tried to make it right for you with the email!

I suspect the email would need to be "exchanged" at a park ticket window for actual tickets. I highly doubt if the scanners at the gate will be able to accept an email print-out. The DAS would be given through Guest Relations as well -- likely it could be handled at the same time you get the tickets, though there have been instances reported when the outside-the-gate Guest Relations location did not have the proper equipment to issue a DAS, in which case you'd be directed inside the park for this. I would still plan to be able to explain your needs for the DAS along with the email; they may need to confirm nothing has changed since your last visit.

If you have an MDE account, the tickets can be added to that at Guest Relations. You'll also be able to see the DAS once that is added to your tickets. I don't know if you can contact anyone in advance (whomever sent the email) to see about getting the tickets added to your account in advance for scheduling of FP+, or if you will need to wait for same-day FP+ at the park.

Enjoy your vacation!

They actually have some reader areas at each park entrance designated for e- tickets, which would include things like your tickets.(not sure what to call the entrances anymore since they don't actually have turnstiles).
I have seen people entering those areas with papers being scanned and I have also seen people scanning papers at Fastpass Return.

If those 2 days are the only days you are going to a park, you could use them to enter there - at worst, you could ask and if you can't enter there with them, they would direct you back to the outside the park Guest Relations.

But, you would need to go to Guest Relations anyway to get DAS issued. As lanejudy wrote, they may be able to do that at the outside of the park Guest Relations.
I would just go there to start with, knowing you may need to make an additional stop at GR inside the park. If you have other tickets, Guest Relations (inside or outside) would be able to link your 2 days to those tickets.

They actually have some reader areas at each park entrance designated for e- tickets, which would include things like your tickets.(not sure what to call the entrances anymore since they don't actually have turnstiles).

Good to know, thanks! I was thinking in terms of an email "letter" not something scan-able.

Good to know, thanks! I was thinking in terms of an email "letter" not something scan-able.
They may just have a reference number, which I don't think would be scannable. But, it probably has either a bar code or a QR code, which would be.
Those are much easier to deal with because no one has to type in a long list of numbers.

Its 2 ref numbers one for the das and one for the tickets. I will call into guest services in down town the day before we plan to go and get the tickets. From what is suggested it seems that the new e-system is not a change of requirements but just the method of use, so my ref should still insure I get it as long as my health is the same as the last time.

Just so you are aware, you can take care of ticket issues at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney.
DAS is ONLY handled at the theme parks.

The DAS system changes were in how it works (ie it's all electronic now), not any other changes.
There is a WDW DAS thread stuck near the top of this board that has updated info in post 1.

If you still have your old DAS card you can bring that and it should help some people do not even need to say way with an old card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter