The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicago526 said:
Hi!

DF and I will be at the GF for our honeymoon in Oct. of '05. My question is, I've read a few other posts about people getting "turret" rooms at the GF. Are these the same as the dormer rooms?

There are 6 turret rooms in the GF Main Building Concierge. They are completely different than the honeymoon rooms with jacuzzi, which is just a jetted tub in the bathroom.

I have stayed in all, and the room we get all the time now is #4021- it is our room when we visit WDW. It is the turret room that has views of the mk, monorail, Epcot, and the pools and lagoon. It also overlooks the hotel lobby. There is no balcony in these rooms. They are octogon in shape surrounded by windows, with a 4 poster bed. Ther is a nice sitting area, love seat, chair armoir with tv, a big mirrored wetbar - sink fridge and counter, and a huge walk in clsoet. The tub is large and oval, no jets and double sinks. It is the best room I have ever ben in in WDW, as you can sit in bed and see the castle and the Epcot ball, watch the light lagoon parade and see illuminations too. One thing I really love about this room, is you can slightly hear the band playing. You can also walk out your door and see when the wine is put out ;)

If you look at the GF building you will notice these rooms as there are 3 in the front that overlook the monorail and 3 in the back which overlook the lagoon, pools, mk etc. #4021 is the room on the highest floor, in the back, offering the best view of any room. They are in the part of the building that juts out.

The honeymoon rooms are regular rooms, but they are in a "quieter" part of the main building with all the other "honeymoon" couples. There is a walk to get to the offerings area (and another elevator too, if I remember correctly). If you are looking for something really special, get a room that overlooks the hotel lobby.

You can request the room, but they will not promise anything. They will try to accommdate.

Janet, great link. We were actually watching an old family video from years ago at the GF and we were sitting in those same chairs. It was back in 1997 and they actually had a grand gathering in the lobby each evening with Mickey and Minnie.

Gonga, I second the choice of 4021. DH and I had the pleasure of staying here last January. I missed having the balcony, but everything else about that room was incredible. It was enormous and the panoramic views were breathtaking. If DH and I ever get back without the kids again, this is definitely going to be our requested room.

Ok this may be a dumb question,but I was on disney.com comparing the prices for GF and Poly. I was surprised that the price for the sugar loaf was cheaper than poly lagoon view concierge. The internet site didn't give me an option for views for the sugar loaf. Does that mean that you pay the same price no matter what the view is at the sugar loaf and perhaps that is why it is cheaper than the poly lagoon view concierge bec. their views are obviously all lagoon view? thanks!!

goofyandmore said:
Ok this may be a dumb question,but I was on disney.com comparing the prices for GF and Poly. I was surprised that the price for the sugar loaf was cheaper than poly lagoon view concierge. The internet site didn't give me an option for views for the sugar loaf. Does that mean that you pay the same price no matter what the view is at the sugar loaf and perhaps that is why it is cheaper than the poly lagoon view concierge bec. their views are obviously all lagoon view? thanks!!

The Sugar Loaf building only offers views of the marina or garden/quiet pool area.
:)

So, that would explain why disney.com had a cheaper price for the sugar loaf verses polynesian lagoon view concierge. I guess all you GF lovers would go with the sugar loaf right?

goofyandmore said:
So, that would explain why disney.com had a cheaper price for the sugar loaf verses polynesian lagoon view concierge. I guess all you GF lovers would go with the sugar loaf right?

I love the GF but if I had to choose between Poly Lagoon View Concierge and GF Sugar Loaf Concierge, I'd go with the Poly! You'll have a great lagoon view and the lounge food offerings are more extensive at the Polynesian. JMO

Well, I think that did it for me. I repect your opinion after seeing many of your posts. Misti, I see you are in Maui, boy are you lucky!! It is hard to beat Hawaii! Do you really fly all the way to florida?

The main reason why I think it's less expensive is because it's considered limited concierge. There is no wine or beer available during the dinner time serving and no 8-10pm desserts and cordials.

For both the main building and SugarLoaf lodge concierge, you pay the same price regardless of view. You just put in a request for what you'd like with your pre-planner. As Misti mentioned, Sugarloaf has either garden or marina. Because of how it's situated on the property, you won't be able to see the castle but you might catch a glimpse of the fireworks.

goofyandmore said:
Well, I think that did it for me. I repect your opinion after seeing many of your posts. Misti, I see you are in Maui, boy are you lucky!! It is hard to beat Hawaii! Do you really fly all the way to florida?

LOL-- Maui is where I *wish* I lived! ;) We love it there and travel to Maui from the East Coast every year.

So, WDW is a much quicker journey for me than you think! :) Good luck with your decision. I have some pix of the GF that you may enjoy. $$ and view aside, you have to like the theming of the Poly to really enjoy it. If you really like the GF resort better overall, that may be the resort for you (even with the different view and limited Sugar Loaf lounge food/drink offerings).

Misti's GF Pix

Misti--

Great pix. Can't wait to get there now!

Anyone have pix of the turret room 4021 I keep hearing about?

Thanks,
Lisa

lindeyspol said:
Misti--

Great pix. Can't wait to get there now!

Anyone have pix of the turret room 4021 I keep hearing about?

Thanks,
Lisa

I'm glad you liked my pix, Lisa. :)

There are pix of that Honeymoon Concierge turret room in this album. They start on picture 11 of 85:

GF Honeymoon Room

Thank you. I'm guessing all the turret rooms are king beds only then. Won't work for us with our two little ones. Gotta keep trying to get back to deluxe room 4422---Renee said she'd see what she could do so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Misti, your pictures of all of the resorts listed were great. I always wondered what the Royal Palm club lounge looked like. I doubt I will ever get an inside view so Thanks.

lindeyspol said:
Thank you. I'm guessing all the turret rooms are king beds only then. Won't work for us with our two little ones. Gotta keep trying to get back to deluxe room 4422---Renee said she'd see what she could do so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

I am almost positive that the turret rooms are couples only rooms, no children. Actually, I have never seen children in the rooms that are on the lobby, thye are turret rooms and 1 br suites. I think in the main building concierge of the GF there is another area where they put all the families together.

Misti I have a question...I loved your GF pics, and I was wondering what room that was--the one in the main building with the fantastic view of the MK...I think it was labeled GF2. Do you know the room number and what type of room it is?? We are going to try and stay RPC and would love that room with that great view!

Michelle2 said:
Misti I have a question...I loved your GF pics, and I was wondering what room that was--the one in the main building with the fantastic view of the MK...I think it was labeled GF2. Do you know the room number and what type of room it is?? We are going to try and stay RPC and would love that room with that great view!

Hi Michelle! I'm glad you liked my pix! :)

That was a standard RPC room in the Main Building. It was on the 3rd floor, # 4305. Happy Planning! :wizard:

Misti - I LOVED your pics!!! I am going to be there 2/13 for a few nights and cannot wait!! I stayed in room 4303 for Thanksgiving vacation and LOVED the view and everything about the RPC. This time I will be staying in the SL building. I didn't see any pics of their lounge. Is it in the lobby? Do you know anything about SL building??

I just thought the Alice theming is adorable in the rooms you showed.

I never thought I would like the GF, but after we stayed there we are just hooked.

Love the DIS!! :earsgirl:

Lives4Disney said:
Misti - I LOVED your pics!!! I am going to be there 2/13 for a few nights and cannot wait!! I stayed in room 4303 for Thanksgiving vacation and LOVED the view and everything about the RPC. This time I will be staying in the SL building. I didn't see any pics of their lounge. Is it in the lobby? Do you know anything about SL building??

I just thought the Alice theming is adorable in the rooms you showed.

I never thought I would like the GF, but after we stayed there we are just hooked.

Love the DIS!! :earsgirl:

I don't have pix of the Sugar Loaf lounge. But, yes, it is in the main lobby as you enter the Sugar Loaf building. Have a great trip!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter