The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmp2z said:
I know for a fact that not all octagon honeymoon rooms face the MK, because we've stayed in one that didn't. It was lagoon view, and we could see the Poly & Wedding Pavilion, but not the MK. This particular suite was directly above M Mouse Mercantile, on the 3rd floor.
Cheers!
Heather W

We have stayed in that very honeymoon room...it was divine :cloud9:

I know a MK view is preferable to many, but the room was so wonderful we didn't even care. We have also stayed in one of the secluded 2nd floor rooms, but for the money felt the turret room was much more special.

They are all wonderful and I wish I could stay there again soon...come on, lotto :rotfl:

So my DW and I are staying at the GF for two nights when we get off of our cruise in Dec. '07. We're trying to decide; is the MK view really worth $550 a night?! We can't decide. One argument that we've heard is that for $200 we can get a regular room and have the same view for free by walking outside. What does everyone think?

RBennett said:
So my DW and I are staying at the GF for two nights when we get off of our cruise in Dec. '07. We're trying to decide; is the MK view really worth $550 a night?! We can't decide. One argument that we've heard is that for $200 we can get a regular room and have the same view for free by walking outside. What does everyone think?

It's really a personal choice. It's a matter of do you want to be able to sit out on your balcony at your convenience and look out over the lagoon and the castle, and also be able to see the fireworks from your room at night.

For our situation, we think its worth it. But we have two small children who are normally in bed by the time the fireworks are, so it's a great convenience for us to be able to just go out on our balcony.

RBennett said:
We're trying to decide; is the MK view really worth $550 a night?! We can't decide. What does everyone think?
It really depends on your definition of "an MK view". From the GF, about the best you'll get is the top 2/3rd's of the castle poking out of the trees. If you're on a lower floor, then obviously you'll see a little less castle and a little more tree. You'll see all the fireworks though. From the CR, their MK view is from a much higher and much closer vantage point. Honestly, if you had binoculars, you could probaby pick out your family as they walked down Main Street. Okay, maybe an exaggeration, but it is an amazing view.

You can actually try booking a garden view room, request high floor Boca Chica, overlooking Narcoossee's. There are some rooms here that will give you a partial castle view.

:thumbsup2
theostwalts said:
We have RPC booked for 11/26-12/02. We have a MYW package with dining. We will probably go again next year for halloween so I have considered getting APs and DDE. If a code comes out for that time for Nov. can I get an AP and change around our reservations? I know that concierge books up well in advance, so if we are going to go next year I would have to book at rack rate and hope for a code. Do codes usually apply to all rooms including concierge?

Thanks

We booked RPC for 12/17 - 12/22 with AAA rate and cancelled it because we wanted to go in October for the Halloween party instead. We were able to get the AAA rate for RPC again luckily! Now we may have to change to Sept.! Again we are able to get the AAA rate at RPC. The funny part is that now that AP rates were released, we found out that they are actually more than AAA rates. So, AP rates can be applied after you make your ressie. But you just never know if there will be any! We haven't used an AP rate for concierge since last Labor Day weekend - before Best Rate started. The AP and DDE are definitely worth it if you make 2 or 3 trips a year like we do. The DDE paid for itself in the discount we received just in our June trip! To answer your last question - Codes can apply to all rooms except for suites. They just depend on how booked a hotel is (and how booked the different category of rooms) for that time frame. We are always prepared to pay rack rate at RPC and if we get a code then we are really happy. We usually do not have a problem getting a AAA rate though. I don't know if you have AAA or not but it has saved us some money over the years! Have a great trip(s)!

Do the 'afternoon tea' offerings in the concierge come from the GF's Garden View Lounge? Do both places serve the same scones with Devonshire cream? Thanks!

CastleLight said:
Wow!!! I think its terrible that I as the resort guest aka paying customer can't tell from the printed confirmation what type of room I have booked.
It was actually the confirmation that tipped me off to the problem. I knew it should have simply said "concierge", but in fact, it said "lodge concierge". This was my second confirmation, the first one was fine. Basically, in this situation, they moved me without notifying me first. I know that policy has changed, so hopefully it won't happen to anyone else.

Springform Floats ..... I can't find any information about the pool rules at the GF. Can someone please tell me if you can bring Springform Floats into the pool? Dh asked me last night and for once I couldn't answer his question.

The GF is on the Travel Channel today at 11:30 AM :thumbsup2

We are staying in two rooms at the SL from 12/06 - 12/10. I booked the rooms on 10/04/05 and was able to get a 15% AAA discount. 14 Months in advance is normal for us for booking. I always have at least two WDW trips booked ahead of time.

I think our "secret" about the GF being so great is getting out..... ;)

I tried to book a concierge deluxe room for March 2007 and it wasn't available. (speaking of booking early) I am pretty bummed. I have really never, until that AP BRP was out booked more than 2 or 3 months out - usually only about 6 wks out! I went ahead with regular room in RPC for now, but I am not even sure about that. The only reason I did go ahead and book it was to give me a WDW trip to look forward to. :goodvibes Peak season rates for 2007 have me choking on the cost of our stay. I don't know.... - I am also hoping for a AAA rate that I believe comes out next month for 2007. Maybe that will make the cost more reasonable, but I still don't know. We may skip WDW for spring break this year. It is just so hard when you have a kid in HS. Can't just pull him out for a terrific week at WDW in January.

Lyn - I saw your post too late. I am still having GF RPC withdrawals. I am depressed to be home. And home is really not that bad at all, but RPC is just heaven. :wizard:

Lives4Disney

Lives4Disney said:
Lyn - I saw your post too late. I am still having GF RPC withdrawals. I am depressed to be home. And home is really not that bad at all, but RPC is just heaven. :wizard:
Lives4Disney

I'll look when I get home to see if there is another showing later tonight and let you know. :thumbsup2

Speaking of deluxe rooms in the main building, we are getting ready to book for late in 2007, and I'm trying to decide between a regular concierge room (hoping for that MK view) or just try to book a deluxe room for the extra space. Anyone have any opinions - any pros/cons? I see that Lives4Disney was trying to get a deluxe room.

Also, how are the deluxe rooms laid out? How is the lighting? I've looked at a couple of pictures and it seemed dark and I was not able to really tell how it is laid out.

Any info / advice you all can give is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Lives4Disney said:
I think our "secret" about the GF being so great is getting out..... ;)

I tried to book a concierge deluxe room for March 2007 and it wasn't available. (speaking of booking early) I am pretty bummed. I have really never, until that AP BRP was out booked more than 2 or 3 months out - usually only about 6 wks out! I went ahead with regular room in RPC for now, but I am not even sure about that. The only reason I did go ahead and book it was to give me a WDW trip to look forward to. :goodvibes Peak season rates for 2007 have me choking on the cost of our stay. I don't know.... - I am also hoping for a AAA rate that I believe comes out next month for 2007. Maybe that will make the cost more reasonable, but I still don't know. We may skip WDW for spring break this year. It is just so hard when you have a kid in HS. Can't just pull him out for a terrific week at WDW in January.

Lives4Disney

Call IPO. I'm sure they'd be HAPPY to help you book the Walt Disney suite...;)

We just changed our ressie from Poly to GF RPC. I have been enjoying reading this thread all morning. There is such great info on here! Thanks! I DO have a question though. We are a family of 5. Can we request a corner room in the Main Building? I am not sure if those are considered deluxe rooms or not, and from what I'm reading we won't fit in a deluxe room. Also, are all of the standard rooms in the main building decorated in Cameo? My DD4 loves the fairy theming. The Alice is super cute too.

BrianD said:
Speaking of deluxe rooms in the main building, we are getting ready to book for late in 2007, and I'm trying to decide between a regular concierge room (hoping for that MK view) or just try to book a deluxe room for the extra space. Anyone have any opinions - any pros/cons? I see that Lives4Disney was trying to get a deluxe room.

Also, how are the deluxe rooms laid out? How is the lighting? I've looked at a couple of pictures and it seemed dark and I was not able to really tell how it is laid out.

Any info / advice you all can give is greatly appreciated!!! :)

I found some more info on the deluxe rooms. But I do have a question about the sofa in those rooms. Could a small child (3 years old) sleep on it comfortably?

Also, are the deluxe rooms generally closer to the lobby/lounge area than the regular rooms, or does it just depend?

Thanks in advance!!!

triplefigs said:
Call IPO. I'm sure they'd be HAPPY to help you book the Walt Disney suite...;)

Ooohooh!! You're such a tease!!! I am having major withdrawals and you are teasing me!!! :p I cannot even believe the cost of a STANDARD RPC room during March - $925/nt. That makes me cough. I couldn't tell my DH the price without wheezing a bit. ;) I am thinking of skipping spring break trip and just going in value season again. We shall see. Maybe do a S/D/GF 50/50 split to balance the price. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that suite again don't you know it but I don't think it's going to happen. :rolleyes:

Denise - when are you going again??? Did you decide on Sept or Dec?

Channing

Lives4Disney said:
Ooohooh!! You're such a tease!!! I am having major withdrawals and you are teasing me!!! :p I cannot even believe the cost of a STANDARD RPC room during March - $925/nt. That makes me cough. I couldn't tell my DH the price without wheezing a bit. ;) I am thinking of skipping spring break trip and just going in value season again. We shall see. Maybe do a S/D/GF 50/50 split to balance the price. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that suite again don't you know it but I don't think it's going to happen. :rolleyes:
Channing

WOW :sad2: :sad2: a price increase of $135 per night next year. I am paying $620 plus tax this year value season and I thought that was bad. AAA rate was around $575 but I couldn't get that and the free dining.

I guess this will be my last stay in RPC for awhile. :sad:

Lyn

BrianD, I have room layouts on my website if that helps. The deluxe rooms that I've seen are closer to the lounge.

zipDdoodah, the rooms located on the corners are deluxe. Unfortunately, even though they have much more space, they have an occupancy limit of 4 (unless one is under the age of 3). We've had Cameo and Floral bedding in the Main Building.

Hi guys! I leave in 20 days for a mom's only retreat. I upgraded us to RPC. :blush: Hope we get to enjoy it! I was quite disappointed that I never heard from IPO so I emailed them this morning and gave them a list of all our ADRs plus a request for a good room given that we are arriving late in the evening. Do they have any control over room requests?

Other than that, anything I should know? The search function is down. I'm hoping to go back over RPC information from this incredibly long thread but I don't feel like digging this morning!

I'm getting nervous! Anyone else there Aug 11 - 16th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter