The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about your bday
I cant believe the girsl dont wanna go
maybe you should sneak over for a few days yourself
I have the cabana on the 8th
LOL

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: OK, just for kicks I checked GF availablity for checking in July 8 just for a couple nts.....all I can get it an outer lodge 2 bedroom suite for mega bucks. I can't believe it.:sad2: OR, a deluxe king room. My kids could sleep on the floor, haha. They'd do it at the GCH.

I can't believe my kids.:confused: My younger DD especially. She hasn't been since Xmas. She likes her room, her toys, her playtime, her friends....oh her TV shows, haha.

Channing :)

Just got back from a stay with my friends at Sugar Loaf. It was wonderful! Great food offerings-they will fax the list to you if you ask. We did the cabana one day from 3-7-very nice! We had a marina view room on the 4th floor-I loved it. I will try to post pictures soon! :banana:

princessrule4-
Sounds like you had a fab time and thanks for reporting back to us so quickly. You mentioned that the honeymoon suites in the main building were currently being rehabbed. Are all the RPC rooms undergoing renovations at the same time? We will be there in October and I hope we get to see the new decor!!!

I've got to imagine that the CM's in RPC rotate around from the desk to the check-in area. I know when they were doing this type of check-in years ago, we were met by Meejay downstairs in the lobby and she brought us right to our room. On another trip, Meejay checked us in at the desk. So, you may still get an opportunity to see these folks at check-in, especially if they know when you're arriving, they can probably be the ones to meet you downstairs.

I've got to imagine that the CM's in RPC rotate around from the desk to the check-in area. I know when they were doing this type of check-in years ago, we were met by Meejay downstairs in the lobby and she brought us right to our room. On another trip, Meejay checked us in at the desk. So, you may still get an opportunity to see these folks at check-in, especially if they know when you're arriving, they can probably be the ones to meet you downstairs.

No, not anymore. Mejay and Dan are the earlier desk shift and then Vonnie and Joe til 10 pm.

The curbside check in CMs are mostly new and mostly young kids, although I think some of them rotate from somewhere else as I did recognize one, maybe SL.:confused3 Or hotel concierge desk. RPC desk staff is consistent. When my daughter and I were there visiting several times a couple weeks ago - for about an hour each time, the place was dead quiet despite the fact that the hotel was full. They enjoyed the check ins and seem bored now with not much to do.

Lives4Disney :)

Florida07-P002.jpg

Florida07-P003.jpg

Florida07-P007.jpg

Florida07-P011.jpg

Florida07-P012.jpg

Florida07-P013.jpg

Florida07-P015.jpg

Florida07-P173.jpg

That's too bad then. I'd love to hear their thoughts on the new setup and if they'd prefer to rotate around. Maybe a note left for the manager with some customer feedback would help.

Just got back from a stay with my friends at Sugar Loaf. It was wonderful! Great food offerings-they will fax the list to you if you ask. We did the cabana one day from 3-7-very nice! We had a marina view room on the 4th floor-I loved it. I will try to post pictures soon! :banana:

Cool....did you get pictures of the new setup in the lounge? I feel guilty every day that I haven't figured out how to post pictures for Kelley.:confused3

I love that marina view. Did you get the new chocolates at turndown tha princessrul4's family did? Many, many years ago the turndown chocolates at the Polynesian were milk chocolate. None of us really care for the mint chocolates so that is such a nice change IMO.

Edited to add that I see you did post pictures...once I read further. :)

Cool....did you get pictures of the new setup in the lounge? I feel guilty every day that I haven't figured out how to post pictures for Kelley.:confused3 I love that marina view. Did you get the new chocolates at turndown tha princessrul4's family did? Many, many years ago the turndown chocolates at the Polynesian were milk chocolate. None of us really care for the mint chocolates so that is such a nice change IMO.

Edited to add that I see you did post pictures...once I read further. :)

:rolleyes1 yeah I have been waiting for those but figured you were busy and didnt wanna bother you.

theres a new review on tripadvisor.com and Meejay is raved about and one other CM they didnt have many CMs to rave about

Princessesrule4, thank you for your report. We will be there next week and I am so looking forward to our trip. I was the one who asked about the kids table, thanks for replying about it.

Also, I noticed you mentioned "supper" for the evening offerings, is this what the GF calls it now?

Glad you had a great time!

Lives4disney: You make me laugh! I wouldn't even tell the kids about your next set of plans for RPC .... just do it!!!!

Princessesrule4, thank you for your report. We will be there next week and I am so looking forward to our trip. I was the one who asked about the kids table, thanks for replying about it.

Also, I noticed you mentioned "supper" for the evening offerings, is this what the GF calls it now?

Glad you had a great time!

Lives4disney: You make me laugh! I wouldn't even tell the kids about your next set of plans for RPC .... just do it!!!!

No, it is still called "Twilight Refreshers"! We just call it supper because it is ,a lot of times, substantial enough for us to call it supper!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!:wizard:

princessrule4-
Sounds like you had a fab time and thanks for reporting back to us so quickly. You mentioned that the honeymoon suites in the main building were currently being rehabbed. Are all the RPC rooms undergoing renovations at the same time? We will be there in October and I hope we get to see the new decor!!!

It sounded like they were just doing the Honeymoon Suites right now. No one said if the rest of RPC will immediately follow. :confused3 I did kind of assume that,though.
We are going back in November and I'm hoping they are done so we can get a new room,too!

Hope you have a great trip!:wizard:

I was told last night by the IPO office that the new check ins started April 1st
and that with sugar loaf they now take you in and check you in your room. The actual checkins by CMs are done in an office unseen by the public. If the room isnt ready they will give you everything else and have you hang out in lounge or get you on the move to the parks and such.

If you aren using a CC they will take down that number anything else and they will have to stop at the office because they cant do that.

I cant wait. :banana:

I am looking in to a late Nov/Early Dec stay for just DH & I. The only thing available at GF is "Theme Park View" (listed online). In actuality, does this mean you will definitely be able to see MK, or are there some other views that also fall into this category?

Thanks!

This will probably be my last post until I come back from WDW. I have so much wedding stuff to do, I doubt I will have time to DIS until I get back to the "real world"......Hugs to all my GF buddies...I'll let you know how SL was when I get back......

Channing!!!!----If you're kids want to be party-poopers, I'll go with you in July, it's my birthday too then,lololol:goodvibes .........TTFN
Hi There Litlpixie -- Congratulations on your Disneymoon at the Grand Floridian. Your GF stay will definitely put the "icing on the cake". Sure you won't be disappointed with the hotel, staff or dining service as all are great. Hope your Disneymoon will be the beginning of many Disney memories, and that you will return in the future to celebrate anniversaries, and start a Disney family tradition that will span your children and grandchildren.

May God Bless Your Nuptials. Hope you live a long and happy life together!!!

It sounded like they were just doing the Honeymoon Suites right now. No one said if the rest of RPC will immediately follow. :confused3 I did kind of assume that,though.
We are going back in November and I'm hoping they are done so we can get a new room,too!

Hope you have a great trip!:wizard:

Hi, I saw in the pics, that they are still serving that gray meat on a stick. :scared: Was it you or PatriciaH that mentioned NEW offerings??? Just wondering what they were...... I also saw the potstickers.....DD7 LOVES those.;) What's new??

Thanks for the great report, too! I WANNA GO BACK!!!:headache:

Lives4Disney :)

I love the desserts !! I cant wait to get their and have some tea and jus CHILL! I hope I have a better visit than I did last time in NOV the check in was SOO bad.
We are counting down the days! 23 LEFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter