The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe it is only 9 days until my birthday trip to the GF RPC.

Boy the time has just flown by and now I don't have anything ready yet. Between birthdays, graduations and weddings I have been so busy that I haven't bought anything for the trip.

I had hopped to lose weight before we went but I only managed to lose 5lbs.:sad2:

Oh well there is always next time.

Lynr~ Have a fabulous time! You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back! 5 pounds is still 5 pounds! Congrats! I need to lose at least 10 before I go on July 15~I am hoping for at least 5:rotfl:

Lynr~ Have a fabulous time! You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back! 5 pounds is still 5 pounds! Congrats! I need to lose at least 10 before I go on July 15~I am hoping for at least 5:rotfl:

Jen66: I can't wait.:cool1: We were able to get one of the Honeymoon rooms and I requested the octagonal room. I will post a report with pictures when I return.

Jen66: I can't wait.:cool1: We were able to get one of the Honeymoon rooms and I requested the octagonal room. I will post a report with pictures when I return.
Wishing you good luck with your request and have a wonderful trip :goodvibes .

Okay, I tried the search, but it didn't work for me this time.

We are staying at AKL, & have an 8:15 reservation at Grand Floridian Cafe for the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast (during the 1900 renov.). I'm planning to take the bus to MK, then either the boat or monorail to GF.

First, which would you recommend as fastest?

Second, how early does each start running from MK back to GF?

Thanks!!

Lyn, have a wonderful birthday trip. I really hope it is perfect. :wizard:

Take tons of pictures and remember all the details because we all want to see and hear about your beautiful time at the Grand. :goodvibes

Safe & happy travels,

Channing :)

We are staying at AKL, & have an 8:15 reservation at Grand Floridian Cafe for the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast (during the 1900 renov.). I'm planning to take the bus to MK, then either the boat or monorail to GF.

Thanks!!

You will have to walk by the boat dock to get to the monorail, so take a look and see if a boat is boarding or if one is headed toward the dock. Boat is definitely faster as once you leave the MK, GF is your first stop. If no boat, you will be stuck on a long monorail ride as GF is the last stop before MK.

To clarify...The boats are faster only if there is a boat boarding or in sight. If you don't see any, I wouldn't wait around. From the monorail ramp, you can also watch for the boats. If you are waiting up there for a monorail and spot a boat, ditch the monorail for the boat! It is all a matter of perfect timing!!:wizard:

I think as long as the MK is open the boats are running.

Lives4Disney :)

Tammi, is right about the dormer rooms and put us in the category of "do not like" them.

I enjoy my balcony and I don't want to stand on it to see out. I also enjoy sitting in my room on the daybed, looking out the balcony. With a dormer room unless you are lucky to get one of the rare corner rooms, you have no daybed and no balcony you can see over unless you stand.

I found them small and confining.

Boy the time has just flown by and now I don't have anything ready yet. Between birthdays, graduations and weddings I have been so busy that I haven't bought anything for the trip.

I had hopped to lose weight before we went but I only managed to lose 5lbs.:sad2:

Have a fabulous trip, and make sure you bring back plenty of details about your honeymoon room - I have one reserved for late November/early December, and need some pics to tide me over. ;)

Happy Birthday!!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Thanks!!

The resort monorail begins running at 7am. The launches don't begin until much closer to park opening so monorail is the way to go for you.

But be sure to mention to your bus driver that you're headed to the GF for a character breakfast.

Lynn, have a great trip!

We will be arriving at the GF on 7/7/07 during the time the renovations will be begining. Does anyone know if we can have dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe when we arrive on the 7th or will that be 1900 Park Fare the entire time?

Thank you in advance for your responses!!! :goodvibes

you are going to have a great trip. I cant wait to hear about it when you get back!

We will be arriving at the GF on 7/7/07 during the time the renovations will be begining. Does anyone know if we can have dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe when we arrive on the 7th or will that be 1900 Park Fare the entire time?

Thank you in advance for your responses!!! :goodvibes

I would call dining
I am arriving July2nd and I know near the end of my trip I tried to make a ressie for the GF Cafe and they said it was closing for rehab. I will check my notes and see if I have anything.

I am pretty sure Cindy's gala feast will be in the GF Cafe during renovations, I know the breakfast with Mary Poppins is. I heard that the Cafe lunch menu will be served at Citrico's during this time, but nothing about the dinner.

Does anyone know if the Cafe seats more or less people than 1900? I have the breakfast scheduled for our last day and am curious how the venue change will affect character interaction. I know it will be pre-plated instead of buffet, but honestly we are going more for character interaction than food (we also have a late lunch at CRT later that day since it is our last day, so we will get plenty to eat!!)

I was told 1900 PF is moving to GF Cafe on July 9.

Hi There -- It is my understanding that 1900 Park Fare will be closed for renovations July 9 - October 1, 2007. The Supercalifragilistic Breakfast and Cinderell'a Feast Dinner will be held at the Grand Floridian Cafe during this time, and Citrico's will be open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Have a great trip!!

I am pretty sure Cindy's gala feast will be in the GF Cafe during renovations, I know the breakfast with Mary Poppins is. I heard that the Cafe lunch menu will be served at Citrico's during this time, but nothing about the dinner.

Does anyone know if the Cafe seats more or less people than 1900? I have the breakfast scheduled for our last day and am curious how the venue change will affect character interaction. I know it will be pre-plated instead of buffet, but honestly we are going more for character interaction than food (we also have a late lunch at CRT later that day since it is our last day, so we will get plenty to eat!!)

Hi Jen -- Citrico's will be open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner during renovations, and all other character type dining will be switched to the Cafe. As to the difference in square footage of 1900 Park Fare and The Grand Floridian Cafe, in my opinion, 1900 is larger, as I find the Cafe to offer a more "intimate/closer" dining experience, as it does not, to my knowledge, offer buffet type dining, which would necessitate the larger dining area. I don't feel you need to worry regarding character interaction as I am more than sure that this was taken into consideration which the switch was made.

Hope this helps!!!

Jen, that Park Faire bfast is our favorite character bfast. The character "handlers" or managers are some of the very best. They make sure the characters get around to everybody and spend a good amount of time playing and goofing. My DD10 is visually impaired and I could tell they must have noticed her when we were being seated and they must have mentioned it to the characters. I was so happily surprised at how wonderful the characters were to her. They hung on her & hugged her, petted her, let her touch and pet them and really got right up in her face. DD7 and even DS16 get a kick out of this bfast, too. Alice flirted with DS16 and talked him into having his pic taken with her. It is a favorite photo of mine. ;)

Have fun,

PS....had to add that (for the GF fans that read my bad Swan review).....a manager from the Swan called me yesterday to apologize for all the problems and the accounting mistakes, etc...She said she was even so embarrassed to call & when she found out what room we were in felt even worse because it was an OLD room, not redone as most are.....She offered me some stay for free -not sure what, but I will be receiving something in the mail. Thought that was really nice of her to call. She said she read my survey and is going to use my comments at a training she will be going to. At least it looks like they care & WANT to get it right.

Channing :)

Channing, your story about the characters and your children bring back warm memories. Our two younger (now adult) children have special needs. When our kids were small I was always touched by how great the characters were with all three. They really seemed to go out of their way to shower attention on our eldest. In fact, I'm getting teary eyed remembering it. Kudos to WDW training!

Citricos will still serve their typical fare at dinner during rehab from what I've read. At lunch and breakfast, the menu will be more typical GFCafe fare.

We aren't scheduled to be at WDW during the 1900 rehab. I think it would be fun to have breakfast or lunch in Citricos!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter