The *New* Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Frequently Asked Questions (FEB2004) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, thanks for catching that, Tinkaroo.:thumbsup2 I meant dinner not lunch but didn't catch my error. I've edited my post.:surfweb:

No problem! Easy mistake to make - I checked over on the Dining News page on Deb's site to make sure I was remembering it right, too! :thumbsup2

Are you getting excited for your upcoming trip? You will definitely need to do some recon for us! :magnify: :tiptoe:

So cute!

Yes, we're very excited. In fact, as excited as we've ever been.

As for the meals, I really knew it was dinner....just was thinking ahead to my next sentence I think. One more senior moment. :rolleyes1 I don't recall any resort character lunches....ever. I think the expectation is that most families are in the parks.

Do you have any more news for us, Tinkaroo?:surfweb:

Hi All!!!

I am leaving for the GF on the 16th!!! Can someone please tell me what views are available in the Sugarloaf building? Should I request a particular floor?

TIA!!

you can see the pool from one side and the marina from another
its kinda in the middle of all the action
I had a dormer room last nov and a view of the pool it was very nice

Hi All!!!

I am leaving for the GF on the 16th!!! Can someone please tell me what views are available in the Sugarloaf building? Should I request a particular floor?

TIA!!

Hi!! We are leaving for WDW on the 19th!! Unfortunately not the GF this trip.:confused: Trying something new.

Sugar Loaf has rooms on the marina side or on the garden pool side. I would choose the garden/pool view. That's what we had. :) It is so pretty at night with the lamps shining on the water and you can kind of people watch from your balcony. As for floor...we were on the 4th -top floor. If you have 4 or less in your party, I would request a tower room. These are in the turrets and have extra square footage and a little seating area in the turret with a 2nd tv. In SL these are request only. Our 4th floor tower room did not have a balcony, though. Didn't miss it as we went in winter, but you may want one in May. The other tower rooms have balconies. Email IPO asap if you want that room type.

Happy travels,

Lives4Disney :)

LOL, and I would recommend marina view in Sugar Loaf because we've enjoyed it so much! We love the view of the marina and watching fireworks from the room. I love listening to the echoes around the canyon that the buildings form as the reflections of the fireworks sparkle on the water. You can hear the howl from BTM too. It is also fun to watch the monorail emerge from behind Sago Cay.

We'll be in Sugar Loaf the same time as you, AllAboutDisney.:wave2: Have a great trip.

LOL, and I would recommend marina view in Sugar Loaf because we've enjoyed it so much! We love the view of the marina and watching fireworks from the room. I love listening to the echoes around the canyon that the buildings form as the reflections of the fireworks sparkle on the water. You can hear the howl from BTM too. It is also fun to watch the monorail emerge from behind Sago Cay.

We'll be in Sugar Loaf the same time as you, AllAboutDisney.:wave2: Have a great trip.

I didn't even realize there were any views of Wishes from SL. Hmmm....I always read that you couldn't see Wishes from SL. Well, good for you, BCV - I hope you get that lucky view again! I wouldn't mind either view really, but I think the gardens and pool are so pretty especially at night. :goodvibes Most SL marina views are just of the small marina with Sago Cay across.

This trip I am going to miss sitting on the balcony in RPC watching Wishes. I can't talk DH into a Disney hotel for this trip. :guilty:

Happy travels,

I didn't even realize there were any views of Wishes from SL. Hmmm....I always read that you couldn't see Wishes from SL. Well, good for you, BCV - I hope you get that lucky view again! I wouldn't mind either view really, but I think the gardens and pool are so pretty especially at night. :goodvibes Most SL marina views are just of the small marina with Sago Cay across.

This trip I am going to miss sitting on the balcony in RPC watching Wishes. I can't talk DH into a Disney hotel for this trip. :guilty:

Happy travels,

You'll still have a great trip - you'll be in WDW!

I'll trade you for what I'll be doing on the 19th - working! :rolleyes:

Channing, the view of the fireworks is not straight on...it is a side view. But it was a much better view than I would have expected. We also haven't stayed in SL since Wishes started so I don't know how good the view is now. You can't see the castle though so the low ones that shoot sort of around the castle probably aren't visible. And there are probably a few rooms that can't see very well at all. I'll let you know what it was like. We had two rooms on our other stays but just one this trip. But I know which room it is as its the only accessible one in SL from what I've been told.

Channing, the view of the fireworks is not straight on...it is a side view. But it was a much better view than I would have expected. We also haven't stayed in SL since Wishes started so I don't know how good the view is now. You can't see the castle though so the low ones that shoot sort of around the castle probably aren't visible. And there are probably a few rooms that can't see very well at all. I'll let you know what it was like. We had two rooms on our other stays but just one this trip. But I know which room it is as its the only accessible one in SL from what I've been told.

Oooh! Good luck!! I hope you get a great view. :goodvibes Wishes is so pretty. Did you see the fireworks at DL? I thought they were just absolutely touching and so beautiful! Even more than WDW's, as beautiful as those are. Have a wonderful time in SL. I am going to miss that good old GF. ;) It will be just kind of a different trip for us all around being in the Epcot area and with only one child. I am going to really miss my son and younger DD. BUT, once I get there I will be so happy and home will seem a long way off, lol.:lmao:

Channing :)

Thank you all for the rehab updates! I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread to see what other rehab info becomes available. I'm glad the dining thing is just temporary! Whew!

When are you going to WDW, BCV23???

Happy travels,

Channing, ANYWHERE in WDW is better than being stuck at home! :goodvibes Besides, you'll be able to walk to MGM and Epcot. Not too shabby, eh? I didn't realize you were going so soon - your ticker says otherwise! :confused3

Have a great time! Flower & Garden Fest is a great time to go! :flower3:

-Michelle

EDIT: You guys HAVE to see this cute little puppy! He's got Mickey ears on his side! Mickey Puppy

Thank you all for the rehab updates! I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread to see what other rehab info becomes available. I'm glad the dining thing is just temporary! Whew!

When are you going to WDW, BCV23???

Channing, ANYWHERE in WDW is better than being stuck at home! :goodvibes Besides, you'll be able to walk to MGM and Epcot. Not too shabby, eh? I didn't realize you were going so soon - you're ticker says otherwise! :confused3

Have a great time! Flower & Garden Fest is a great time to go! :flower3:

-Michelle

Hi, Michelle.....my ticker is off. I had a July trip booked when I posted that, but have since cancelled July due to going in May....for free.:goodvibes So I can't - shouldn't - complain, haha. I would still like to go over July 4 for our three bdays, so I am NOT cancelling my ticker, lol. I have dreams! DH has a conference in Orlando so we will be at the Swan this time. The conference isn't at WDW, but he can expense the Swan - NOT the Grand.:confused3 I have tried. :rotfl: (LOL) there is no way his company will cover that one. There is a lot of good stuff about the Swan and that area, so we will have fun! :wizard: I emailed Sarah about a gift basket for DD yesterday & heard back from her already. Putting that together is getting me in a DISNEY mood.:goodvibes

Channing :)

Michelle, fancy meeting you here! That puppy is too cute. Thanks for sharing that smile today! I am excited. I finally talked with someone about getting a cake done for "Goofy's" birthday at the GF!! They are talking with the pastry chef and coming up with some options for me. I cannot wait for that email! :):):thumbsup2

Ok, so the wedding is in a month:scared1: .....my GF SL Honeymoon gets closer everyday. I know I was told to contact IPO, this I know, but isn't it still too early? I have a few ADR's I'd like made though ,but then again, I don't want to get reputation for being a pain even before I get there. I had it noted on my reservation that I requested a pool view this time. But then I see that some people here just loved thier tower rooms, and then I start thinking:scratchin ,maybe I want that! Just want to have a nice 4 days at SL with my groom and a beautiful view w/o a hassle with lunch and dinner ressies. I have stayed here before, but never asked for anything.......maybe I need to start utilizing the Concierge better:bride:

litlpixie,

You really should contact IPO immediatly, especially is you have some ADRs that you would like for them to make for you. Many people contact them as soon as they book, and often times this is long before the six month window for ADRs even opens. You are definatly not to early, and are not being a pain by being in contact. The IPO service is part of what you are paying for with SL, so take advantage of it (in a good way!). You'll feel better having all of your WDW itinerary sorted out, and won't have to stress over ADRs or anything else.

Have a great trip and a fabulous wedding!

Amy

BCV23, I'd say that about half the rooms in Sugar Loaf on the marina side don't have a fireworks view. Where the entranceway is located on the back of the building, if you are in any of the rooms that are closer to Conch Key, no such luck with views. You have to be on the side that's closest to the main building.

Ok now I am confused... I just called central reservations. I requested a marina view lodge tower room and she said the lodge tower was a room type and could not be requested. In other words she said it is a level of room. I had booked a standard outer lodge room. Help... I ended the conversation with non-smoking marina view as my requests.
Should I leave it at that?

AllAboutDisney,

Are you perhaps staying in SugarLoaf? You cannot guarantee a lodge tower room in SL, it is by request only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter