Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from CSR and saw two rats - one by quiet pool by Casitas 4 in daylight and one running across the steps to Casitas 5 at night. We reported both to the front desk and were told they would notify pest control. I have stayed at many Disney resorts over the years and have seen all kind of wildlife, but this is the first time I have seen rats at a resort.
It's Florida.
It's the middle of a swamp.
The alligators in Lago Dorado consider the rats to be a tasty morsel. :teeth:

Can anyone please tell me if the scooped ice cream at Pepper Market is classed as a dessert in a QS meal? And if you don't have it as part of a QS meal, is it classed as a snack on the dining plan if you have it on its own? Thank you!
I'm not sure that there is scooped ice cream in pepper market. I've never been there. every site I've looked at doesn't list ice cream

I love the look of the resort, but it just seems so big. Although, the nice thing is there are bus stops around as well as a couple pools. My question is, we get the refillable mugs since we fly in and don't have a rental, so we use them for beverages in the room. Is the only place to refill them at el centro?

I love the look of the resort, but it just seems so big. Although, the nice thing is there are bus stops around as well as a couple pools. My question is, we get the refillable mugs since we fly in and don't have a rental, so we use them for beverages in the room. Is the only place to refill them at el centro?

There is also a refill station at the Dig Site pool.

We just got back from CSR and saw two rats - one by quiet pool by Casitas 4 in daylight and one running across the steps to Casitas 5 at night. We reported both to the front desk and were told they would notify pest control. I have stayed at many Disney resorts over the years and have seen all kind of wildlife, but this is the first time I have seen rats at a resort.
look all over for the black enclosed boxes...those are rat traps!

Slightly freaked out....we've stayed at multiple resorts...this will be our first CS stay - RATS??? are you kidding? please tell me this is a joke....I've never seen rats at any resort in the 30 years I've been going to WDW. .....

Slightly freaked out....we've stayed at multiple resorts...this will be our first CS stay - RATS??? are you kidding? please tell me this is a joke....I've never seen rats at any resort in the 30 years I've been going to WDW. .....

I was freaked out as well. Read about them here before my trip, but I am not an alarmist and did not let it change my plans. The previous poster had seen them near Ranchos. I had requested Casitas. Thought it could be an isolated incident. Interesting that the front desk did not dismiss my complaint. They wanted to know when and where I saw them and if they were still there. I didn't hang around to find out!

look all over for the black enclosed boxes...those are rat traps!

I saw them all over in the bushes in the cabanas section. They were about 12 x 18 in size. They were black, brown and a dark green. Thankfully I never saw any rats.

Then you were either lucky or not observant. I've seen them in a couple of the parks and a couple of resorts. I've seen the tell tale black boxes at every resort I've stayed at. You're in the middle of q huge swamp! Of course there will be rats. And lots of other wild life you'd prefer not to be in close proximity with. They aren't overrunning the public areas or guest rooms, so just take a deep breath.

We are considering choosing CS for the business class/Club rooms. We could upgrade room slightly and skip the dining plan the pricing would be advantageous to us. I know it serves snacks throughout the day, but what type of options are there for breakfast. Is it just pastry and yogurt or is there something more substantial offered?

We are considering choosing CS for the business class/Club rooms. We could upgrade room slightly and skip the dining plan the pricing would be advantageous to us. I know it serves snacks throughout the day, but what type of options are there for breakfast. Is it just pastry and yogurt or is there something more substantial offered?

Breakfast is 7 -10. Bagels/muffins/danish/cereal/yogurt/fruit.
Evening snacks 5-10.

We just returned from our first stay at CSR. While I feel we generally got what we expected (some things better/worse than average), after 7 days, we found very little to complain about. A couple of small issues came up, and they were promptly taken care of. And they weren't the kind of issues that would inhibit our choosing the resort again. The people made it magical. That can't be undersold, when making the decision to stay on/off property. Most of our time is spent Hard Touring the Theme Parks. But we always try to take advantage of some resort amenity.

Random thoughts:
  • We stayed in Ranchos (6B), and our room was facing to the inside of the property. We saw no rats, but plenty of squirrels. And that was not a bad thing. They were almost ornamental, in their activity.
  • The sprawling size of the property was intimidating, at first look. But after a week at it, if found no issue with getting around it. The space was actually used very well.
  • The Biscoff Cookie gelato in Cafe Rix was a pleasant surprise. The RFID chipped soft drink cup in Pepper Market was not a pleasant surprise. :-) Good thing we all drink tea...
  • My 14 year old son loved the Iguana Arcade. My Wife enjoyed dusk-time reading in the hammocks, by the Cabanas.
  • I like the touch of the cast member coming out to greet you, before finishing the registration process. I don't know if that is normally done, but I liked it.
  • Online Check-in and Express Checkout was without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter