The NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (Feb 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do they anticipate this construction going on? We'll be there Jan. 20-27. I'm not sure I want to stay in a hotel where jackhammers are running during the day, because we'll be returning to our rooms for afternoon naps for the kids. We've been considering a villa at Old Key West which is available on the 4/3 deal, but I really wanted to stay at the Contemporary. Not badly enough to deal with jackhammers though. I understand they have to do this stuff at some point, I'm just not sure I want to be there for it. Its a lot of money to pay to stay at a place and still have construction going on.

How long do they anticipate this construction going on? We'll be there Jan. 20-27. I'm not sure I want to stay in a hotel where jackhammers are running during the day, because we'll be returning to our rooms for afternoon naps for the kids. We've been considering a villa at Old Key West which is available on the 4/3 deal, but I really wanted to stay at the Contemporary. Not badly enough to deal with jackhammers though. I understand they have to do this stuff at some point, I'm just not sure I want to be there for it. Its a lot of money to pay to stay at a place and still have construction going on.
Tomorrow after my family and I check-in I will ask some Cast Members if they know anything more about a possible date when the construction is to stop, however I can't see it going on for a long period of time.

Well it's 24 hours until my family and I are back at the Contemporary so I can't wait.

Have a wonderful and safe trip! we will be there during the last part of your trip. The weather is supposed to be fabulous. I am also very excited and can't wait!

Take care and have fun!

Tomorrow after my family and I check-in I will ask some Cast Members if they know anything more about a possible date when the construction is to stop, however I can't see it going on for a long period of time.
That would be fantastic! I've said it before and I'll say it again, thanks for the info and advice you give to not only me but everybody else in this thread and elsewhere. You are a true font of information!

Well, I guess June is beginning to feel more real now. I was able to book Chef Mickey's (nothing else though) yesterday. Unfortunately they s till haven't opened up any tower rooms on the bounce back promo we booked last month. The CM I spoke with did say that after Jan. 1 ADR bookings should be back up and hopefully we should have the capability to book them online! z

You may already know this, but the CR is not a "cruise hotel" if you are taking Disney transportation to the Port. We wanted to do the same thing a few years back,so unless it's changed, you will have to get to a hotel where the bus stops,or use your own transportaition to port..

Thanks for the reminder. up unti about 2 weeks ago, I did not know this! We are doing our own transpotation with some fellow Diser's we have got to know through the "meet" thread.

Can anyone tell me if the Deluxe Garden Suites (that I saw pictures of) is the same as a Garden Wing Deluxe Room? If not, where can I find pictures?

When I book, the description says "Suite and Separate Bedroom" so I am thinking they are the same.

Thanks!

You may already know this, but the CR is not a "cruise hotel" if you are taking Disney transportation to the Port. We wanted to do the same thing a few years back,so unless it's changed, you will have to get to a hotel where the bus stops,or use your own transportaition to port..

That is still correct as far as i know. But one thing i have heard suggested several times is that you stay where ever, and then just take a quick taxi ride over to the closest "cruise" resort. In the CR's case, that would be the Poly.

Well it's 24 hours until my family and I are back at the Contemporary so I can't wait.

Have a great stay!!! :goodvibes We really enjoyed our stay our first time at CR...it was beyond our expections!!! My mom was SO surprised - it was worth every cent to see her face!

I have you and the rest of all the great DISers who helped with info and questions - THANKS AGAIN to everyone!!! :hug:

Hopefully, CR Fan can find out. I've asked several CM's at Contempo and know one really seems to know. Maybe CR Fan can find out for us from one of the concierge staff. I'm planning to come back to the CR in May and it certainly should be completed by then.

crazy4wdw said:
Hopefully, CR Fan can find out. I've asked several CM's at Contempo and know one really seems to know. Maybe CR Fan can find out for us from one of the concierge staff.
I will do the best I can to find out any information, however let's just remember that a lot of Cast Members might tell us a different answer when we ask them the same question. So that might happen again when I ask them about it.

debster said:
Thanks! So this is now called the Garden Wing Deluxe Room?
You're welcome and yes it is.

We're on the Deluxe in April. I have been trying for 4 months (prior to the changeover to Deluxe) to find out what they are going to do about the mugs... I will let you know in April if I don't find out anything before then.

We just got back from our first stay at CR, and we absolutely LOVED it!
We were on the 14th floor, room 4913 and the view was breath taking.
Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I was really surprised by it all.
I thought that it would be a little too "cold & modern" for me but I was so wrong. We are already checking the calendar to see when we can go back!
I have to say that I liked it a lot better than the GF - I know they are completely different resorts but there is just something about the CR that has got me hooked! :lovestruc

I haven't posted much on here but I have read ever word. Thanks to everyone on here for all their advice and helpful hints. We really had a great time!

Oh and as far as the construction, we took a DVC tour to see the new rooms and we were told by them that BLT is supposed to open in Sept.09 so the major construction should be done by late spring.

We sat out back by the water most afternoons and the noise was not a problem. We knew they were but we really didn't "hear" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter