• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (Feb 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, all of you Contemporary fans, fill me in on the important stuff!!!! I'm SO excited, always wanted to stay here, and just changed our trip with that new 4/3 deal. We couldn't pass it up! :woohoo: My only tiny worry is that we're going the last part of Jan/early Feb, and I just hope we don't freeze! (of course we're coming from WI, so what am I thinking!!) ;)

Thanks for any tips! I can't stop smiling!! :wizard:

Now, all of you Contemporary fans, fill me in on the important stuff!!!! I'm SO excited, always wanted to stay here, and just changed our trip with that new 4/3 deal. We couldn't pass it up! :woohoo: My only tiny worry is that we're going the last part of Jan/early Feb, and I just hope we don't freeze! (of course we're coming from WI, so what am I thinking!!) ;)

Thanks for any tips! I can't stop smiling!! :wizard:
Congragulations on finally getting to stay at the Contemporary and any questions you have just ask and myself along with the others will do our best to answer them.

Congragulations on finally getting to stay at the Contemporary and any questions you have just ask and myself along with the others will do our best to answer them.

and also the first few pages of the thread has a ton of info about CR. There are quite a few updates and things going on so please be sure to ask about those when they come up

Just wondering if anyone has any recent updates on the opening of the new counter service restaurant. We leave on 12/6.

Thanks
Peter

Denise (nbodyhome) posted that the opening date should be November 15th.
Glad to hear it. Will be there 1/20-1/27. Hope its pretty good, since when I moved my ressies back to the Contemporary (now I'm in a Tower Room with Bay Lake View...but it only took me three days to go from Tower Room Magic Kingdom View with no discount to Poly Garden View with Discount (only moved because there weren't any rooms at the CR with the discount) to CR Garden Wing Garden View to Tower Room with Bay Lake View...so hopefully I can get back to the Magic Kingdom View!) we added the Quick Service Dining Plan. Would be nice to have somewhere at the resort to get Counter Service that is hopefully a little slower than the CS places in the parks!

Not sure about the Wilderness Lodge, but the CM did say Poly or Wilderness Lodge...and of course the CMs are never wrong! :lmao:

Hi! I just booked our first stay at the CR yesterday, and I'm very excited since I've always wanted to stay here and we were able to afford it with the 4/3 deal.

Anyway, we still were only about to book a standard GV room, which is fine, but I do have a quick question. I've read you can watch Wishes from a balcony on the 4th floor of the resort? Is this true, and if so, do they pipe the music in at all, or do they only do that at the California Grill?

Thanks!

When we were there Labor Day week, they piped in the music, but you had to stand right under the speaker to hear it (faintly), which wasn't the best viewing spot. Maybe it was just a glitch and will be fixed by your trip.

Marsrunner did the cm you talked to confirm that the pool was going to be closed in Jan. I called the resort last month and they could not confirm the closing. I would love to know if this an official refurbishment or just a rumor. Thanks!

I just read this on another reputable site:

Timeframe for Contemporary construction

A few interesting dates for the Contemporary resort include the opening of the new quick service restaurant on the 4th floor around January 21, 2009, as well as a reopening of the tennis courts and playground (taken over by the DVC construction) around late August 2009.

Posted 2008-11-09

Not sure whether the Contempo CS will open in November or if it now has moved to January. Thought I would post it as a precaution :surfweb:

On a side note - I just booked our Sept 09 trip today!:dance3: Now here's to hoping the Army doesn't extend my dh!:scared1:

I just read this on another reputable site:

Timeframe for Contemporary construction

A few interesting dates for the Contemporary resort include the opening of the new quick service restaurant on the 4th floor around January 21, 2009, as well as a reopening of the tennis courts and playground (taken over by the DVC construction) around late August 2009.

Posted 2008-11-09

Not sure whether the Contempo CS will open in November or if it now has moved to January. Thought I would post it as a precaution :surfweb:

On a side note - I just booked our Sept 09 trip today!:dance3: Now here's to hoping the Army doesn't extend my dh!:scared1:
Incase that's true thanks for posting that information, although I find it hard to believe since the Contempo Cafe looks like it's finished being built. So I am not sure why they would wait until Janurary to open it?

I didn't ask about the pool closing, it was mentioned along with the construction of the Bay Tower. Nothing, however was mentioned about the Contempo Cafe not opening until January. Hope it opens in November so they can work some of the kinks out! :)

I booked our first WDW vacation last minute to make up for the fact that I wasn't able to take any time off in the summer to spend with my girls.

We had done our 3rd Disney Cruise in February 08 for my 40th but thought it would be awesome to spend Halloween night in the Kingdom.

As a single Mom, I wanted the convenience of the monorail and all that was available in my price range was a standard room at the Contemporary.

Driving up to the hotel, my daughters were excited to see all the balconies and wished out loud for our room to have a great view. I told them not to be too disappointed if we didn't have one.

Imagine my surprise when we were told that they had upgraded our room to a Tower, park view.

When I walked out on the balcony of room 4247 and saw Cinderella's castle, I started crying - it was incredible. For the next week, the castle was the first thing I saw when I woke up in the morning and the last thing before I went to bed. It was a dream come true.

My girls and I are hooked now and can't even imagine spending our next WDW vacation in another resort.

I booked our first WDW vacation last minute to make up for the fact that I wasn't able to take any time off in the summer to spend with my girls.

We had done our 3rd Disney Cruise in February 08 for my 40th but thought it would be awesome to spend Halloween night in the Kingdom.

As a single Mom, I wanted the convenience of the monorail and all that was available in my price range was a standard room at the Contemporary.

Driving up to the hotel, my daughters were excited to see all the balconies and wished out loud for our room to have a great view. I told them not to be too disappointed if we didn't have one.

Imagine my surprise when we were told that they had upgraded our room to a Tower, park view.

When I walked out on the balcony of room 4247 and saw Cinderella's castle, I started crying - it was incredible. For the next week, the castle was the first thing I saw when I woke up in the morning and the last thing before I went to bed. It was a dream come true.

My girls and I are hooked now and can't even imagine spending our next WDW vacation in another resort.

that is awesome. We can also only afford the the garden room, but maybe I will get upgrades since it is my 40th birthday lol. Seriously, just being at the Contemporary would be enough for me

Does anyone have a layout of the Garden View Deluxe room? I have seen the pictures but was curious to how it all fit together. Also where are they in the building?

Hats off to you for tackling Disney as a single mom. It will be challenging enough for me and my wife, I couldn't imagine as a single parent.

That's a great story so thank you for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter