The NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (Feb 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only views in the tower are Bay Lake or MK The rooms are only on the East and West sides of the tower, none face North or South. There are four rates for rooms, not suites, in the tower they are from highest price to lowest - 14th floor Tower Club, 12th floor Atrium Club, MK (Theme Park) View and Bay Lake View; the first two of these being Concierge. That's it nada mas.

The only views in the tower are Bay Lake or MK The rooms are only on the East and West sides of the tower, none face North or South. There are four rates for rooms, not suites, in the tower they are from highest price to lowest - 14th floor Tower Club, 12th floor Atrium Club, MK (Theme Park) View and Bay Lake View; the first two of these being Concierge. That's it nada mas.

Congragulations and just wondering did you get the Magic Kingdom View or the Bay Lake View?

Thanks! I got the Bay Lake view (saved a few dollars that way.) I thought we probabably won't be in our room that much for the theme park view, but I still am a bit tempted to go on and get the theme park view instead. Oh, I did get the AAA discount, which helped a little. I'll be on the lookout for any other room only codes, or AP codes to see if they are better!

I have already convinced myself that the Contemporary will be my new favorite resort. I loooove Boardwalk, but I think that the Contemporary is just going to change that for me completely. The location just cannot be beat, and I love the photos I have seen of those rooms! I'll probably have a few hundred questions for you before we leave, CR Resort Fan 4 Life! :lmao:

Oh, should I attempt to request a certain floor, or above a certain floor? If I end up on the 5th floor (which I realize in only on the Bay Lake side due to the monorail) do you get much noise from Chef Mickey's or anything? See, the questions have started already!

Thanks! I got the Bay Lake view (saved a few dollars that way.) I thought we probabably won't be in our room that much for the theme park view, but I still am a bit tempted to go on and get the theme park view instead. Oh, I did get the AAA discount, which helped a little. I'll be on the lookout for any other room only codes, or AP codes to see if they are better!

I have already convinced myself that the Contemporary will be my new favorite resort. I loooove Boardwalk, but I think that the Contemporary is just going to change that for me completely. The location just cannot be beat, and I love the photos I have seen of those rooms! I'll probably have a few hundred questions for you before we leave, CR Resort Fan 4 Life! :lmao:

Oh, should I attempt to request a certain floor, or above a certain floor? If I end up on the 5th floor (which I realize in only on the Bay Lake side due to the monorail) do you get much noise from Chef Mickey's or anything? See, the questions have started already!
Well when it comes to the noise from Chef Mickey's my family and I have heard it from our room up on the 12th floor if we were on that side. Personally it has never botherd us and if your going to be gone in the mornings and in the evenings for a while, then chances are you might not hear it. Besides that you might hear people on the 4th floor although the only time it might be busy with them is at night when you have all the people who are there because of ADR's at the various restaurants, so they want to look around the stores on the 4th floor.

Thanks for the info! I hope to get as high a floor as possible (but I'm not going concierge, so I know I won't be THAT high). Yes, we'll probably be out of the room much of the time, so nothing will bother us, and even if we do hear it, it's just people having Disney fun! :)

You're welcome and if you want to stay as high as possible, request a room on the 11th floor. It's the last non Club Level floor in the Tower and is a high floor.

Last May we went up the CR almost every night to the bar for drinks, a few times right before the fireworks. Never had a problem. On previous trips, I've never been turned down either.

I loved the Contemporary! I love the modern feel of the lobby and the whole area. It is really Disney and just classic yet sophisticated. The rooms were perfect and clean and large. We had a.... drum roll please

Magic Kingdom View! :goodvibes
It was awesome!
I will post pictures later.

The Wave was delicious and so was the California Grill and Chef Mickey's. The hot food at the Grab and Go was okay, but the cheese on the pizza was disgusting (Disney had that cheese on everything from pizza to macaroni and cheese and it was disgusting) but the cold food was fine and actually resonably priced.

The pool was nice and they had a lot of ducks but they weren't that bad. We weren't able to use the pool a lot but it was very nice when we did use it. The temperature was almost too warm and the layout was cool.

The transportation was horrible. We had to wait 5 to 10 minutes to leave for everywhere for the bus. At MGM everytime on our way home we had to wait at least 10 minutes. One time we waited at least 15 or 20 minutes along with at lesat 30 other people maybe even 40 or more so we went on the TTC bus and took the monorail. The monorail was great and so was walking to Magic Kingdom but the bus system was terrible.

Overall the Contemporary was great and I would stay there again!

I loved the Contemporary! I love the modern feel of the lobby and the whole area. It is really Disney and just classic yet sophisticated. The rooms were perfect and clean and large. We had a.... drum roll please

Magic Kingdom View! :goodvibes
It was awesome!
I will post pictures later.

The Wave was delicious and so was the California Grill and Chef Mickey's. The hot food at the Grab and Go was okay, but the cheese on the pizza was disgusting (Disney had that cheese on everything from pizza to macaroni and cheese and it was disgusting) but the cold food was fine and actually resonably priced.

The pool was nice and they had a lot of ducks but they weren't that bad. We weren't able to use the pool a lot but it was very nice when we did use it. The temperature was almost too warm and the layout was cool.

The transportation was horrible. We had to wait 5 to 10 minutes to leave for everywhere for the bus. At MGM everytime on our way home we had to wait at least 10 minutes. One time we waited at least 15 or 20 minutes along with at lesat 30 other people maybe even 40 or more so we went on the TTC bus and took the monorail. The monorail was great and so was walking to Magic Kingdom but the bus system was terrible.

Overall the Contemporary was great and I would stay there again!
Thanks for posting about your stay there and it's great you enjoyed it.

We are in the final packing stages and realized we might need more memory cards for the camera... until I remember that there are computers at the CR! Does anyone know if we can download photos to an online account like photobucket from the computers in the room? Thanks!

We are in the final packing stages and realized we might need more memory cards for the camera... until I remember that there are computers at the CR! Does anyone know if we can download photos to an online account like photobucket from the computers in the room? Thanks!
I don't think they had anything like that on them.

I know a 5-10min wait probably feels like a long time at the end of a full day but to me, that's totally reasonable....and dare I say, good fortune! I know I've read the buses run 20mins apart, so it seems like you had the good fortune never to have "just missed" a bus. :lovestruc

Glad your stay at the CR was so nice. can't wait to see your pics!!! Thanks for posting!

I don't think they had anything like that on them.

actually photo bucket is a website... so my guess would be that if you have a usb memory card reader, stick your card in that. Put the usb into the computer and upload. I don't see any reason why, it wouldn't work (the website part anyway) Good Luck!

actually photo bucket is a website... so my guess would be that if you have a usb memory card reader, stick your card in that. Put the usb into the computer and upload. I don't see any reason why, it wouldn't work (the website part anyway) Good Luck!
I know it's a website. I guess I should have said that I don't remember seeing a usb port for a memory stick from a digital camera to load up pictures on the in room computers.

I was going thru the first couple of pages and was looking for the lay out the conicerge floor. does any have it?

Also do they still split the concierges?

The layout of the Atrium Club 12th floor is just like all the other regular Tower floors. Besides that there is also the Tower Club 14th floor and the main difference is less number of rooms and their various suites. However the foods both floors sereve is exactly the same

I know it's a website. I guess I should have said that I don't remember seeing a usb port for a memory stick from a digital camera to load up pictures on the in room computers.

Didn't Triplefigs or someone post a picture of them using a usb port? I'm sure you would have to bring your own adapter and cable, but I think there's probably a usb port. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter