The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds wonderful. I will talk to my fiance about it tonight and see what he thinks.

Thank you.

CSR is great for a honeymoon! Cabanas is great for the beach view and hammocks, it's also close to both the main pool and El Centro. If you want a king size bed though, you will have to go to the Casita's - which I have stayed in twice and I LOVE them! I don't think that there are any king size beds anywhere else. If you can get kinda fancy you might want to inquire about staying in a junior suite. The only moderate to have these - I have no idea where they are though. Mention that it's for your homeymoon and see what you can do!

All the rooms are getting fridges? Cool! I just heard they are making a larger exhibition hall. I'm sure that I am way behind in hearing this, but there is always a perfusion meeting in Orlando in the springtime, maybe they can have the next one there! That would be AWESOME!

D4D

Ick. Only in the Casitas? We want a king size bed but I don't like the Casitas. What size bed do they have in the Cabanas?

The Cabanas have double beds. But I didn't think that the Casitas were the only section to have king beds. You might want to give the resort a call and check.

We had a king bed during our April stay in Cabana 8b. It was great, with a view of the Casitas across the lake & plenty of hammocks nearby. We requested Cabanas with a king for our upcoming November stay.

We are leaving next week for Orlando and the CSR. I have booked 2 rooms but I am so confused as to which complex to book. Could some of you veterans make suggestions based on my needs? TIA!

Where would be best if we want....
2 adjoing rooms
non-smoking rooms
mid way from el centro and dig
close to bus stop
from the pics, I think I like the feel of the Casitas better
Stanndard rooms - best views in Casitas

Our kids are 10 and 13, so a little walking won't hurt! We don't necessarily to be close to any one thing, just centrally located with a nice view, other than parking lot!

Originally posted by Lizal
We are leaving next week for Orlando and the CSR. I have booked 2 rooms but I am so confused as to which complex to book. Could some of you veterans make suggestions based on my needs? TIA!

Where would be best if we want....
2 adjoing rooms
non-smoking rooms
mid way from el centro and dig
close to bus stop
from the pics, I think I like the feel of the Casitas better
Stanndard rooms - best views in Casitas

Our kids are 10 and 13, so a little walking won't hurt! We don't necessarily to be close to any one thing, just centrally located with a nice view, other than parking lot!

I requested Cabanas 8B or 9B. When I looked at the map thes buildings just seem centrally located. Casita buiding 1 has smoking floors (floors 1 and 3, I think) and Cabana 9A is also a smoking buiding. Casitas building 3 or 4 might also be another good option.

I think Casitas 4 might be good for you. We stayed in Casitas 3 in June and thought it was a nice location and very pretty. Casitas 4 would have been a tiny bit better. You would be close to Bus Stop #2 which is the first to pick up. You would be right next to a quiet pool, and not too terribly far from the main pool or El Centro. You'd also be next to the health club, salon, and laundry.

You will like any location, however, because each section has its own charm and advantages!!

I have spent all morning looking at pictures and trying to decide if it would be worth it to beg my husband to switch resorts for our trip next weekend. We are supposed to stay at PC, but I hate having to stay there when we are getting away without the kids. Were saving less than $100 by going value, and I know I could talk him into a moderate. But...I am 6 months pregnant with our 4th and I carry VERY big so I am already experiencing a lot of back and leg pain. We were at WDW 3 weeks ago and by the 3rd day I didn't think I would be able to walk anymore, though I pushed through the pain. In just 3 weeks I am considerablely bigger and more uncomfortable. After looking at the map and seeing that it doesn't seem like any rooms are close to ANYTHING, food, quiet pool, bus stop..etc.. I am wondering if I should just wait and try out this resort after I have the baby and am feeling better. Is the map misleading, or is it really THAT far away? We don't care for the main pool we enjoy quiet pools, but we need to be CLOSE to a pool, bus stop and the food, is there such thing? Thanks:D

cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site over the wooden bridge

cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building.

cabana 8b and 9a are inbetween the 2 above.

Cabana rooms are mostly waterview rooms or non parking lot views.

ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

The casitas are close to the gym, spa and have great fountains and courtyards. casita 5 is close to the Dig Site with a good walk to the main building. The lower the casita number the closer towards the main building.

Thanks for the recommendations. Where would I be less likely to be given the parking lot view - Cabanas or Casitas? I prefer the look of the Casitas but if most standard rooms have parking lot views, I would rather go with the Cabanas. TIA

In addition to my previous post, does anyone know where most adjoining/connecting rooms are?

Hi. I am looking into the suits at this resorts. I have never stayed there but I love the theme. This would also be our first stay at a moderate.

I am considering this resort for our 10th anniversary trip (i've had to cancel my reservation because of family illness - but am still trying...) we will be bring our two dds, 6 &8. I was wondering if a suite would give my dh and I a little more privacy. What are they like and do the discount codes apply to those? Is it worth the extra money for these suites?

Thank you so much.

Originally posted by Lizal
In addition to my previous post, does anyone know where most adjoining/connecting rooms are?

50 percent of all the rooms at Coronado Springs have connecting rooms. I would think Casitas has the most connecting rooms since they have the most rooms in the resort.

Can we talk about discounts? Anyone have any idea if CS is included in AP discounts. We are planning a June trip and were wondering if and when those discounted rates would be made available? Any history that can be shared with details would be really appreciated. Also, should I wait for a discount or make my reservations now?

whether AP rates are offered or not at CSR depends on availability of rooms, so this changes depending in part on how many conventions are booked at the time you are going. in 2002 i got an AP rate for late april/early may of around 82.00 a night. i booked early with an AAA rate for the same period in 2003 and 2004 but ended up changing resorts because i couldn't get the AP rate at CSR but was able to get it elsewhere . right now i already have a reservation for the 3rd week of may there with an AAA rate, but i could only get it for a waterview room, there were already no standard rooms available at that rate. although i love this resort, i may end up changing again next may if i can get a good AP elsewhere, i'm thinking since rooms at AAA rate are already slim they may not be offering any better at this resort. only a guess though, too soon to say for sure. hope this helps a little:D
katypop

Can you share with me what your AAA rates are at CSR? Also if anyone else can provide rate information I would appreciate it.

For our trip coming up in the next couple of weeks, I originally got the AAA rate of $118.00. Of course then I lucked up and got the email rate of $79.00.:)
Hope that helps.
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter